House to block the Migrant Plan of Obama

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
House to block the Migrant Plan of Obama

 This was taking up quite a bit of air time on the news until the recent terrorist activity in Paris pushed it back under the rug. Thoughts ? 

www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30819506

 

US House votes to block Obama migrant plan

The House of Representatives has voted to pass a bill that would effectively roll back President Obama's recent immigration initiatives.

The bill still needs to go to the Senate for approval and the White House has said the president will veto it.

Mr Obama announced in November that he would use his executive authorities to enact sweeping immigration changes.

Republicans in the House say that the president's actions overreach his authority and are unconstitutional.

It is the Republican's latest attempt to challenge the White House, after taking control of both chambers of Congress in November.

In the wake of the elections, President Obama announced he would unilaterally reform immigration policies.

Wednesday's immigration votes were on two amendments attached to a broader bill to fund the Department of Homeland Security - the agency that oversees immigration enforcement.

"This executive overreach is an affront to the rule of law and to the Constitution itself," Speaker of the House John Boehner said after the vote.

"The people made clear that they wanted more accountability from this president, and by our votes here today we will heed their will and we will keep our oath to protect and defend the Constitution.''

line

Analysis: Thomas Sparrow, BBC Mundo

Despite the fact that the president would likely veto the bill, this move carries significant weight because it signals the extent to which Republicans are willing to go in order to show their opposition to president Obama, who they think has overreached his authority.

Even though the bill is unlikely to pass the Senate, Democrats may be worried that debate over the bill could scare away immigrants from signing up for Mr Obama's recent immigration programmes.

 

 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
Posts: 367
Joined: 2009-12-26
User is offlineOffline
Well yeah

It's all political. Everything always is. But they happen to be correct. Executive orders are unconstitutional and illegal. The President is the executor of the laws, not the maker (or tweaker) of laws.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15761
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 It would suck if we treat

 It would suck if we treat our fellow human being like a human being. Funny how the GOP assholes never want to admit that EVERY PRESIDENT for the past 50 years has used either executive order or legislative pen, to address immigration.

I am willing to kick out violent people and drug dealers. I am not willing to split up families or send someone back who might starve to death or suffer from violence if returned. No that does not mean never deport. They know the risk making the attempt. I simply am not going to go out of my way to report a person who is simply trying to survive.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
Posts: 367
Joined: 2009-12-26
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: It would

Brian37 wrote:

 It would suck if we treat our fellow human being like a human being. Funny how the GOP assholes never want to admit that EVERY PRESIDENT for the past 50 years has used either executive order or legislative pen, to address immigration.

I am willing to kick out violent people and drug dealers. I am not willing to split up families or send someone back who might starve to death or suffer from violence if returned. No that does not mean never deport. They know the risk making the attempt. I simply am not going to go out of my way to report a person who is simply trying to survive.

Strange argument coming from an atheist. "Well other people did it." WTF is that?

Whatever you think about it, in the context of the law, the Republicans are correct. Is it political why they are doing it this time as opposed to others? Absolutely. Still doesn't mean they are wrong.

But this is the shit you get when you have a government at all.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15761
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
atomicdogg34 wrote:Brian37

atomicdogg34 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

 It would suck if we treat our fellow human being like a human being. Funny how the GOP assholes never want to admit that EVERY PRESIDENT for the past 50 years has used either executive order or legislative pen, to address immigration.

I am willing to kick out violent people and drug dealers. I am not willing to split up families or send someone back who might starve to death or suffer from violence if returned. No that does not mean never deport. They know the risk making the attempt. I simply am not going to go out of my way to report a person who is simply trying to survive.

Strange argument coming from an atheist. "Well other people did it." WTF is that? Whatever you think about it, in the context of the law, the Republicans are correct. Is it political why they are doing it this time as opposed to others? Absolutely. Still doesn't mean they are wrong. But this is the shit you get when you have a government at all.

 

Um deportation has not gone down under Obama. Oh and I think you should look up what Reagan said and did.

I really do not care what the issue is. Even before Obama took his first oath, the day after the first election the GOP got on TV and threw fucking fits and swore that they would make him a 1 term president. The GOP would blame Obama for killing the dinosaurs and skinking the Titanic. This isn't about his policies, this is about him. They don't like him. 

 

The GOP are nothing but a bunch of fucking brats who hate losing.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
Posts: 367
Joined: 2009-12-26
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:atomicdogg34

Brian37 wrote:

atomicdogg34 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

 It would suck if we treat our fellow human being like a human being. Funny how the GOP assholes never want to admit that EVERY PRESIDENT for the past 50 years has used either executive order or legislative pen, to address immigration.

I am willing to kick out violent people and drug dealers. I am not willing to split up families or send someone back who might starve to death or suffer from violence if returned. No that does not mean never deport. They know the risk making the attempt. I simply am not going to go out of my way to report a person who is simply trying to survive.

Strange argument coming from an atheist. "Well other people did it." WTF is that? Whatever you think about it, in the context of the law, the Republicans are correct. Is it political why they are doing it this time as opposed to others? Absolutely. Still doesn't mean they are wrong. But this is the shit you get when you have a government at all.

 

Um deportation has not gone down under Obama. Oh and I think you should look up what Reagan said and did.

I really do not care what the issue is. Even before Obama took his first oath, the day after the first election the GOP got on TV and threw fucking fits and swore that they would make him a 1 term president. The GOP would blame Obama for killing the dinosaurs and skinking the Titanic. This isn't about his policies, this is about him. They don't like him. 

 

The GOP are nothing but a bunch of fucking brats who hate losing.

Whether deportations are down or not is irrelevant. What all those other people said is irrelevant. I already said it was all about politics. But when it comes down to the law and separation of powers the Republicans are right. Crybabies yes but correct ones.

Like I said, this is the shit you get when you have a government at all.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: atomicdogg34

Brian37 wrote:

atomicdogg34 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

 It would suck if we treat our fellow human being like a human being. Funny how the GOP assholes never want to admit that EVERY PRESIDENT for the past 50 years has used either executive order or legislative pen, to address immigration.

I am willing to kick out violent people and drug dealers. I am not willing to split up families or send someone back who might starve to death or suffer from violence if returned. No that does not mean never deport. They know the risk making the attempt. I simply am not going to go out of my way to report a person who is simply trying to survive.

Strange argument coming from an atheist. "Well other people did it." WTF is that? Whatever you think about it, in the context of the law, the Republicans are correct. Is it political why they are doing it this time as opposed to others? Absolutely. Still doesn't mean they are wrong. But this is the shit you get when you have a government at all.

Um deportation has not gone down under Obama. Oh and I think you should look up what Reagan said and did.

I really do not care what the issue is. Even before Obama took his first oath, the day after the first election the GOP got on TV and threw fucking fits and swore that they would make him a 1 term president. The GOP would blame Obama for killing the dinosaurs and skinking the Titanic. This isn't about his policies, this is about him. They don't like him. 

The GOP are nothing but a bunch of fucking brats who hate losing.

The entire US government is corrupt. It no longer matters what side you claim to be on. They constantly do things for the good of the few when they should be looking at the good of the whole. Unfortunately you have tools who think every one needs to follow christian laws.

As for the "executive order" it has been abused since George Washington. 

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

 

 


atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
Posts: 367
Joined: 2009-12-26
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

atomicdogg34 wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

 It would suck if we treat our fellow human being like a human being. Funny how the GOP assholes never want to admit that EVERY PRESIDENT for the past 50 years has used either executive order or legislative pen, to address immigration.

I am willing to kick out violent people and drug dealers. I am not willing to split up families or send someone back who might starve to death or suffer from violence if returned. No that does not mean never deport. They know the risk making the attempt. I simply am not going to go out of my way to report a person who is simply trying to survive.

Strange argument coming from an atheist. "Well other people did it." WTF is that? Whatever you think about it, in the context of the law, the Republicans are correct. Is it political why they are doing it this time as opposed to others? Absolutely. Still doesn't mean they are wrong. But this is the shit you get when you have a government at all.

Um deportation has not gone down under Obama. Oh and I think you should look up what Reagan said and did.

I really do not care what the issue is. Even before Obama took his first oath, the day after the first election the GOP got on TV and threw fucking fits and swore that they would make him a 1 term president. The GOP would blame Obama for killing the dinosaurs and skinking the Titanic. This isn't about his policies, this is about him. They don't like him. 

The GOP are nothing but a bunch of fucking brats who hate losing.

The entire US government is corrupt. It no longer matters what side you claim to be on. They constantly do things for the good of the few when they should be looking at the good of the whole. Unfortunately you have tools who think every one needs to follow christian laws.

As for the "executive order" it has been abused since George Washington. 

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

 

 

And that STILL doesn't mean they are wrong.

But I'll say it again, this is the shit you get when you have a government at all.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I am willing

Brian37 wrote:

I am willing to kick out violent people and drug dealers. I am not willing to split up families or send someone back who might starve to death or suffer from violence if returned. No that does not mean never deport. They know the risk making the attempt. I simply am not going to go out of my way to report a person who is simply trying to survive.

So since you are not willing to do it, you are perfectly willing to have the government do it for you? Because the government does send people back to face violence and face starvation, and they are doing it with your tax dollars (or would if you paid your fair share)

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
atomicdogg34 wrote:And that

atomicdogg34 wrote:
And that STILL doesn't mean they are wrong. But I'll say it again, this is the shit you get when you have a government at all.

Wrong or right are nothing more than opinions.

Governments exist. Some are productive for the few. Some are productive for the many.


atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
Posts: 367
Joined: 2009-12-26
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

atomicdogg34 wrote:
And that STILL doesn't mean they are wrong. But I'll say it again, this is the shit you get when you have a government at all.

Wrong or right are nothing more than opinions.

Governments exist. Some are productive for the few. Some are productive for the many.

Government doesn't actually exist in reality though. It's just a concept. Government is only people.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
That's ridiculous.

That's ridiculous.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 

Wrong or right are nothing more than opinions.

 

 

               So digital, what is your "opinion" concerning manifestations of the human ego ?     Right, wrong, good, bad ?

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4198
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
ok, never mind brian even

ok, never mind brian admitting to one of his mistakes, has he ever admitted obama has made a mistake? or does he really think obama's track record is utterly spotless?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

atomicdogg34 wrote:
And that STILL doesn't mean they are wrong. But I'll say it again, this is the shit you get when you have a government at all.

Wrong or right are nothing more than opinions.

Not when you are discussing facts. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3929
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Illegal immigration is an

Illegal immigration is an issue that is really the Elites that have all the wealth and power vs. the 99% that don't. The rebulican donors and party leaders want as many illegals as they can for cheap labor, the democrats want them for cheap votes.

The rest doesn't need more competition for job, housing and resources.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

atomicdogg34 wrote:
And that STILL doesn't mean they are wrong. But I'll say it again, this is the shit you get when you have a government at all.

Wrong or right are nothing more than opinions.

Not when you are discussing facts. 

As long as it doesn't require an interpretation. Math is an example of an absolute. The answers are true or false, there is no opinion involved.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4198
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:As

digitalbeachbum wrote:

As long as it doesn't require an interpretation. Math is an example of an absolute. The answers are true or false, there is no opinion involved.




mathematical principles are "absolute" because they are in line with the axioms. facts are not axiomatic. it's a bit misleading to compare the two.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:digitalbeachbum

iwbiek wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

As long as it doesn't require an interpretation. Math is an example of an absolute. The answers are true or false, there is no opinion involved.


mathematical principles are "absolute" because they are in line with the axioms. facts are not axiomatic. it's a bit misleading to compare the two.

i generalized too much. i was speaking of 2+2=4 point of view.

Misleading is not my purpose.