Catholic League Slams Charlie.....

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Catholic League Slams Charlie.....

Can't figure out how to post videos so here is a link to atheistforums. org where I hang out as well linking to the story and a couple of my posts in response to that story.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-30775.html

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
It seems

It seems by the logic of Bill Donohue the freedom of speech should only be applicable to some. Not surprising coming from him. But do find it funny that he is more or less stating in a nutshell these terrorists could simply not control their anger and hatred for what Charlie drew and had to commit this act that involved killing all those people at that newspaper. 

Talks about violations of freedom of speech--condemns everyone that does not think like him. Hmm, this is a typical pattern.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Oh yea. He really is

Oh yea. He really is hiding behind the guise of compassion to set up his own taboos. Bet he would like to beat up people who pick on Catholics. He doesn't give one fuck about compassion. Compassion isn't about preventing people from offending you. It is absurd to think you can get 7 billion humans to like each other or only say nice things about each other. I think every atheist here has been called immoral, evil, equated to Po Pot and Hitler, certainly not by every theist, but at one point or another someone. If we got to murder people who insulted atheists there would be a shitload of dead theists.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
As an atheist, I am deeply

As an atheist, I am deeply offended by the Catholic League and Bill Donahue's comment. Let's go blow up some cathedrals. /s

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare