"What were they thinking" innocent lines in adds that are funny.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
"What were they thinking" innocent lines in adds that are funny.

Ok, there are lines in radio and TV adds that yea, it is me, but still sound funny even though they did not mean it that way.

Just now I was overhearing a TV add for a product called "Catch Caddy", you put between your vehicle seats to catch anything that might fall between them. In the add a woman says "It is so easy to pull it out"............

A long time ago, I worked at a mom and pop radio station and had to load corporate adds into the computer. Ran into a antacid add where a guy said "You know how a hot dog plumps up just before it bursts?" I laughed so hard I was glad I was not drinking anything at the time I played it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
 Not an add, but once had a

Not an add, but once had a female co worker walk into the kitchen I worked in after having some homemade soup a cook made she said "That is the best thing I have had in my mouth"........The entire kitchen staff died.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
 Very true. 

Very true. 

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
And my personal fave of all

And my personal fave of all time came from Carl Jr's "If it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face"

I'm not convinced that such things are entirely accidental. My ex-wife had a circle of friends who worked for an advertising agency, we'd occasionally attend one of their parties and they were some of the most gutter minded people I know. The industry attracts people who enjoy word play. I find it hard to believe that during the brainstorming session their weren't 1000 dirty jokes made while they were creating Wendy's "Where's the beef" slogan. Getting your slogan repeated because it is funny and risque, makes it memorable. Bonus props if you can get it aired during a family program. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
 i'd guess most of the time

i'd guess most of the time it is not intentional, but I am sure sometimes it is. The jokes in the Buggs Bunny cartoons I watched growning up went over my head as a kid, but when I watch them now I go "Hey I know what they ment by that now".

Dumbest sign I ever saw was a doctor's office sign said "OBGYN" and in smaller letters under that "for women". And all I could think was "NO KIDDING!" 

Not an add, but it is always funny when your freinds unintentionally say something. One day at work a co worker just had eaten some homemade soup and she came back into the kitchen to complement the cook who made it and said "That was the best thing I've had in my mouth" Holy fuck did the entire kitchen die! She turned beat red.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I remember all types of

I remember all types of commercials which were very sexual, very subtle. In fact, one day a friend of mine was walking with me in the mall and one of those survery people got us to go in to this review to get $50. It was total bs but I needed the money.

They showed us the videos for Pepsi but they were completely about fucking. I was like, WTF? Really? Every one in the room was like, "are you serious, this wasn't about Pepsi, it was about this dude fucking this chick".

Then they showed us another video with the same actors under the tree sipping Pepsi but all the sex was taken out, but you could see all the hidden sexual things because you had seen one extreme then the lesser.

I saw the commercial later on tv, the one with less sex, but as I looked around the room at the people watching it I could see their reaction to the hidden sexual stuff.