Government in the Torture business.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Government in the Torture business.

I am amazed at the naivety of all the critics of waterboarding, saying how they can't believe that our beloved governent would torture. The business of government is torture. All their power comes from the threat or use of torture or death.

It's hard to argue that our overcrowed prisions are not prolonged torture chambers. If you asked prisioners if they would trade a few minutes of waterboarding for their freedom, I'm sure you would get an extremely high percentage of waterboarding takers.

Widespread torture as a means to control the masses is just another inevitable outcome our competitive world.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/131022/un-says-prison-overcrowding-can-be-form-torture

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:I am amazed at the

EXC wrote:

I am amazed at the naivety of all the critics of waterboarding, saying how they can't believe that our beloved governent would torture. The business of government is torture. All their power comes from the threat or use of torture or death.

It's hard to argue that our overcrowed prisions are not prolonged torture chambers. If you asked prisioners if they would trade a few minutes of waterboarding for their freedom, I'm sure you would get an extremely high percentage of waterboarding takers.

Widespread torture as a means to control the masses is just another inevitable outcome our competitive world.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/131022/un-says-prison-overcrowding-can-be-form-torture

The ego works in mysterious ways, no?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:I am amazed at the

EXC wrote:

Who is denying it? Our government throughout it's history has done some horrible things. That does not mean everyone should support everything they do. This is why we have checks and balances and why we have oversight and even the freedom of information act. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:EXC wrote:I am

Brian37 wrote:

EXC wrote:

Who is denying it? 

Your kidding right?

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
All the people that are

All the people that are worked up about waterboarding have the premise that government shouldn't torture anyone or threaten torture are in denial. It goes on every day in our overcrowed prisions.

That is what government is, torture and deadly force. A necessary evil to control the unwashed masses. You are in denial because you think government can be some sort of benevolent sugar daddy to you.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:That is what

EXC wrote:

That is what government is, torture and deadly force. A necessary evil to control the unwashed masses. You are in denial because you think government can be some sort of benevolent sugar daddy to you.

I should never expect that the government shouldn't be there to take care of me.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:EXC

digitalbeachbum wrote:

EXC wrote:

I should never expect that the government shouldn't be there to take care of me.

After taking care of themselves, you're lucky to get back a few crumbs.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:digitalbeachbum

EXC wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

EXC wrote:

After taking care of themselves, you're lucky to get back a few crumbs.

I can agree with that

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:All the people

EXC wrote:

All the people that are worked up about waterboarding have the premise that government shouldn't torture anyone or threaten torture are in denial. It goes on every day in our overcrowed prisions.

The US government is not an example of government in general. Just because your country has a third of the population with a criminal record and treats them like garbage does not mean such a thing is common. Most countries treat their prisoners better than the US does, and most countries don't torture people.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.