Petition from the twitter page of @AcharyaS, to be sent to UN calling for end of blasphemy laws worldwide.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Petition from the twitter page of @AcharyaS, to be sent to UN calling for end of blasphemy laws worldwide.

This petition is to be sent to the UN. It is not just to protect atheists but all religious minorities worldwide. Got this link from the @AcharyaS twitter page.

http://freethoughtnation.com/petition-to...hemy-laws/

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 bad link

bad link

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
 Weird, the website comes

Weird, the website comes up but not the petition. It worked when I clicked on it in Acharya's twitter page.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why would anyone waste their

Why would anyone waste their time petitioning the UN? The organization is a cesspool of corruption that hasn't had a notable achievement since its conception. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Why

Beyond Saving wrote:

Why would anyone waste their time petitioning the UN? The organization is a cesspool of corruption that hasn't had a notable achievement since its conception. 

The UN reminds me of the IOC and FIFA. It's like... what the fuck? You people are the most corrupt mother fuckers in the world. You make the Catholic Church look good.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, this seems rather

Well, this seems rather pointless. Somehow, I doubt Muslim extremists will acknowledge my petition.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
not to mention the fact that

not to mention the fact that the UN has the power to enforce jack shit.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:not to mention

iwbiek wrote:
not to mention the fact that the UN has the power to enforce jack shit.

Lol.

I'm sure they're deeply moved by our petition though. /s

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
The link

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology