Why separation of Church and state benefits believers as well.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why separation of Church and state benefits believers as well.

I get tired of well intended believers and atheists who claim blunt criticism and blasphemy means tyranny and oppression. Many politically correct believers and liberal atheists have no problem rightfully pointing to the climate of the Middle East that is held hostage by governments that mix religion and government. There was a time in America, even with our First Amendment, that Christians used their bibles to make laws that were oppressive to non white males, in slavery and sexism. To suggest that it has gone away is absurd. Those mindsets still exist in America. The same mindsets that lead the Taliban to shoot Malala.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35zq2--nTYE   

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Way to go Don Quixote.

Way to go Don Quixote.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Way to

Beyond Saving wrote:

Way to go Don Quixote.

If anyone suffers from delusions of nostalgia it would be you John Wayne. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
was that supposed to be an

was that supposed to be an insult? i'm pissed i didn't get called john wayne...