Hat's off to Mike......"Don't touch my girlfriend"

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hat's off to Mike......"Don't touch my girlfriend"

You can google the video of Obama doing his early voting. Can't post the video here for some reason my version of windows doesn't work with the updates to this website, but that is ok. 

Summery. Obama went to vote, a lady was voting next to him very nervous. People can and do get star struck, not a political issue, it happens with actors and sports stars and musicians. 

So her boyfriend thought he'd cut the tension for her and spontaniously said to the President  "Don't touch my girlfriend" . She laughed and you could tell she thought "Oh no he did not just say that".

FUCKING BRILLIANT! My hats off to Mike, that was awsome! He said in an interview the next day that he was just trying to break the tension and get her to relax.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
When I saw this article the

When I saw this article the other day I read about two sentences of it and then stopped reading. It wasn't even newsworthy until FOX got a hold of it and twisted it in to an awkward embarrassing situation.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:When I

digitalbeachbum wrote:

When I saw this article the other day I read about two sentences of it and then stopped reading. It wasn't even newsworthy until FOX got a hold of it and twisted it in to an awkward embarrassing situation.

Yes it was newsworthy, even if Fox had not reported it. It was a very human moment anyone can identify with. It was a boyfriend trying to put his girlfriend at ease. I used to be start struck when I was young too. Even as an adult when I asked Hitchens for his autograph I was a bit toung tied. It was cute and silly and simply a fun moment.

I have not seen Fox's coverage of it, but I can emagine how they could try to twist it into something it was not. It would not shock me if their conspiracy viewers would accuse him of staging it. They wouldn't want to paint Obama as an acutal human being being that he is a communist Muzzie born in Kenya. Obama sank the Titanic too.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Yes it was newsworthy, even if Fox had not reported it. It was a very human moment anyone can identify with. It was a boyfriend trying to put his girlfriend at ease. I used to be start struck when I was young too. Even as an adult when I asked Hitchens for his autograph I was a bit toung tied. It was cute and silly and simply a fun moment.

I have not seen Fox's coverage of it, but I can emagine how they could try to twist it into something it was not. It would not shock me if their conspiracy viewers would accuse him of staging it. They wouldn't want to paint Obama as an acutal human being being that he is a communist Muzzie born in Kenya. Obama sank the Titanic too.

The day it happened there was a report on the news channel which I discounted as soon as I saw it. In typical fashion FOX always presents "news" with a question thus avoiding the legality of being accused of false statements.

"coming up next, did obama kill an old woman and her children while on a cocaine fueled rape fest? more coming up next after these messages.."

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:The

digitalbeachbum wrote:

The day it happened there was a report on the news channel which I discounted as soon as I saw it. In typical fashion FOX always presents "news" with a question thus avoiding the legality of being accused of false statements.

Like Hillary said in 1998, it's all because of  a "vast right wing conspiracy" ....oh, and it's Bush's fault.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Must have confused him with Biden

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:  

Beyond Saving wrote:

Pictures are a double edge sword. Catch a person at the right moment and they can seem evil and murderous. Catch them at another angle, with different lighting and a smile and they are an angel.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Like Hillary said in 1998, it's all because of  a "vast right wing conspiracy" ....oh, and it's Bush's fault.

I don't buy in to that "[insert political group here] conspiracy" crap. There is always a conspiracy, every day, in every city, from every ideology.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
     Apparently even

Apparently even some Democrats up for reelection such as Sen. Jeanne Shaheen are trying to distance themselves from Obama.  Link from Britain's Daily Mail, for all you lefties who are allergic to "Faux News™"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2803221/Awkward-Democratic-Senator-laughed-refuses-Obama-debate.html

and

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2801817/obama-claims-dems-refuse-seen-really-snubs-not-feelings-hurt.html

Obama stated   "These are folks who are strong allies and supporters of me, and I tell them, 'you know what, you do what you need to do to win' "

Democratic lawmakers and candidates have publicly disavowed the president and his policies to get an edge on their REpublican opponents. Obama insisted on Monday that he's not offended by their behavior: "We've got a tough map. A lot of the states that are contested...I didn't win.  The president said "the bottom line is...these are all folks who vote with me; they have supported my agenda in Congress."

Even the head of the DNC, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, has become the queen of equivocation concerning Obama in her latest media appearances.

I even saw a news item from a few days ago  where a large portion of an African-American audience got up and walked out in the middle of one Obama's campaign speeches.  I believe it was in Chicago.  Google it if you want, I've made my point.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:  I

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I don't buy in to that "[insert political group here] conspiracy" crap. There is always a conspiracy, every day, in every city, from every ideology.

Good for you.  Unfortunately you aren't running for the office of president.  There's a good chance that the woman who's statement I quoted will run for president.  Good times ahead.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Beyond

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Pictures are a double edge sword. Catch a person at the right moment and they can seem evil and murderous. Catch them at another angle, with different lighting and a smile and they are an angel.

Malicious intentions or not, you don't put your hands on a biker you don't know, and you definitely don't put your hands on his old lady. That is just biker hangout 101. I've seen fights break out over far less. I'm pretty sure that sans Secret Service, that glance between the bikers is what happens shortly before you wake up in the middle of a corn field with a few extra bruises. 

Maybe they could have saved Parnes

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 But it is good to know

But it is good to know that when the pickings are slim, Biden isn't picky. 

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Malicious intentions or not, you don't put your hands on a biker you don't know, and you definitely don't put your hands on his old lady. That is just biker hangout 101.

QFT

Beyond Saving wrote:
   I'm pretty sure that sans Secret Service, that glance between the bikers is what happens shortly before you wake up in the middle of a corn field with a few extra bruises. 

Or you don't wake up at all.    

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Finally! From Your mouth to God's ear

> Finally! From Your mouth to 'God's' ear

digitalbeachbum wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Or  images themselves,  can be easily misinterpreted or elude understanding ;  image choices or time could be very limited, so it's hard not pull it off of the net, as a result. Or lurkers will overthink it all, and I catch it as a further result.

Examples  if  you were to not know for sure who this was addressed to . . 

(Anime storyboarders and animators aren't  noted for being your deep thinker but are given to cultural proclivities ( . . often it's not a lot to work with )

See:: Misc Example Image(s) and / or Example Image(s) --

http://tinypic.com/r/10ihqae/8

This time of the year the culture at large is given to cultural proclivities, as you'll often find oil lamps placed around the entrances to Hindu homes on the night before the new moon, . . just like soon, the nights will be filled with JACK-O'LANTERNS which will light the streets too

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Apparently even some Democrats up for reelection such as Sen. Jeanne Shaheen are trying to distance themselves from Obama.  Link from Britain's Daily Mail, for all you lefties who are allergic to "Faux News™"

Republicans did that with Bush also, they didn't want him to campaign for them or show up at their parties.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Republicans did that with Bush also, they didn't want him to campaign for them or show up at their parties.

Thanks for admitting that Obama is as worthless as Bush ( a neocon ) was and please, make all the comparisons with the evil Repubs you need, I don't mind. 

BTW, Obama's approval rating is as low as its been since he's been in office which explains why his former democratic synchophants are running away from him as fast as they can.

( I'm sure there is some kind of devious Fox News / RNC cabal behind Obama's loss of public credibility, though. )

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I saw a news item where a democrat running for office has been using photos of Bush, Sr to suggest that she's actually a "centrist".   Daddy Bush has asked her twice to stop using his image in her ads.  I'll try and pull it up later and I swear I won't cite Fox news as a source.  Gotta go.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
has there ever been a

has there ever been a two-term president whose approval ratings didn't drop in the second term?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:has there ever

iwbiek wrote:
has there ever been a two-term president whose approval ratings didn't drop in the second term?

Don't shit your pants Iwbiek, I agree. You watch politics long term patterns can and do develope, even if not absolute. It is quite normal under both parties for this to happen. Policy issues aside.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:has there ever

iwbiek wrote:

Clinton, Reagan and FDR (first president to have an approval rating measured) all saw increases their second term. So half of two term presidents saw an increase in their average approval. Eisenhower saw a drop, but he went from 70% to 60% so he remained very popular through both terms but technically had a drop. Compared to both W and Bama who were popular but headed down even before they won reelection. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:iwbiek

Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Clinton, Reagan and FDR (first president to have an approval rating measured) all saw increases their second term. So half of two term presidents saw an increase in their average approval. Eisenhower saw a drop, but he went from 70% to 60% so he remained very popular through both terms but technically had a drop. Compared to both W and Bama who were popular but headed down even before they won reelection. 

clinton? really? after kosovo and getting embarrassed by tony blair and the lewinsky scandal?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Beyond Saving

iwbiek wrote:
Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

clinton? really? after kosovo and getting embarrassed by tony blair and the lewinsky scandal?

First term he averaged 50% second term he averaged 60%. America loves blowjobs. Actually, I am of the opinion that the most important predictor of presidential approval ratings is the economy. Fair or not, the president gets the credit or takes the blame. Everything else is almost irrelevent.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
I agree with Beyond. The

I agree with Beyond. The second term with the semi flaccid economy hurts him. Every thing else is chump change as far as I'm concerned. Take all the voters and then show them that their 401k or IRA's have doubled or tripled and Obama's ratings are in the 50-60% range.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I agree with Beyond. The second term with the semi flaccid economy hurts him. Every thing else is chump change as far as I'm concerned. Take all the voters and then show them that their 401k or IRA's have doubled or tripled and Obama's ratings are in the 50-60% range.

When you replace actuial work with speculation you get the same shit that caused the great depression that caused bubble after bubble since the 80s since Reagan's deregulation.

It is one thing to risk take, it is part of evolution. But all sides of the economic debate place their bets as if only the rich matter. And humanity is left with a plutocracy, and the benefits of such distract  all it is is a shift of wealth from one aspect of society to another.

You cannot shift wealth from the private sector to a political party to an individual to a nation and not see the pattern. FUCK LABELS, FUCK IDEOLOGY , FUCK CLASSISM.

YES class will happen. YES boarders will happen. But there is no built in morality of .paycheck and status. The rich and the poor die and no one escapes from that

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The rich and

Brian37 wrote:
The rich and the poor die and no one escapes from that

more guns...

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:FUCK LABELS,

Brian37 wrote:

FUCK LABELS, FUCK IDEOLOGY , FUCK CLASSISM.

You say as you bring up labels, ideology and classism in reply to a post that wasn't even remotely about any of those. 

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The rich and

Brian37 wrote:

Did you convert to Buddhism?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

of course not. then he would know nobody dies.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:digitalbeachbum

iwbiek wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

of course not. then he would know nobody dies.

That's deeper than I was thinking, but good point