Neil Tyson deGrasse is a lying sack of hot air?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Neil Tyson deGrasse is a lying sack of hot air?

I never knew this, but apparently Neil Tyson deGrasse is a lying, good for nothing, slandering, atheist scientist.

http://thefederalist.com/2014/09/18/why-is-wikipedia-deleting-all-references-to-neil-tysons-fabrication/

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Funny how the idiot who

Funny how the idiot who wrote that tried some revisionism for his own religion after pointing out extremism in others. As if house arrest is where it ended with Galileo. It never ceases to amaze me how theists so readily recognise extremism in everyone but themselves.

Considering his falsifications before he even started the article up proper, I'm not going to read it.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
well, it does sort of remind

well, it does sort of remind me of certain people quoting "hypatia"...

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Funny how the

Vastet wrote:
Funny how the idiot who wrote that tried some revisionism for his own religion after pointing out extremism in others. As if house arrest is where it ended with Galileo. It never ceases to amaze me how theists so readily recognise extremism in everyone but themselves. Considering his falsifications before he even started the article up proper, I'm not going to read it.

I read about two paragraphs then started to scan it for any thing interesting, but the only thing I believe made me chuckle was his last paragraph.

"Fabrication isn't science. Ignoring inconvenient evidence isn't science. And faithfully nodding your head whenever somebody says something you go agree with doesn't make you a scientist. It makes you a parrot, and a religiously zealous one at that."

Religion fabricates their evidence.
Religious followers ignore inconvenient evidence.
Faithfully nodding your head when a religious leader makes agreeable statements makes you an ignoramus.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:well, it does

iwbiek wrote:

If you want to argue she never said that, does not change the truth to the content. Just like it would be stupid to teach Santa is real because giving is kind. I have found more links that say she said that then those that say she did not.

Same with Anionet, the moral of that quote is DONT BE A SELFISH PRICK.

Now you have gon on your own petulant childish rant against me trying to play mayrter. 

"Extreme" is not being mistaken. "Extreme" is not being blunt or blasphemous. 

Extreme is using violence to oppress others. Extreem is using law to oppress others. Now if you want to claim I am an obnoxious liar, you'd have more of a case for that. But I will laugh in your face if you want to claim I am "extreme"

You can claim that when I blow something up in the name of atheism, untill then stop being a crybaby because I stood up to you.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: But I will

Brian37 wrote:

But I will laugh in your face if you want to claim I am "extreme"

You are extremely annoying.  You may begin laughing now.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:If you want to

Brian37 wrote:
If you want to argue she never said that, does not change the truth to the content. Just like it would be stupid to teach Santa is real because giving is kind.

i do argue...CONCLUSIVELY...that she never said that. that is exactly what i want to argue. soooo...by your analogy, it would be stupid to use false hypatia quotes just because there was some truth in them. so, therefore, you did a stupid thing by using false hypatia quotes. is that what you're saying? that you did a stupid thing? i'm waiting...

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Signature line . . I'm not at all disliking ( * cool * )

. . he will commend you, in Mercy shall we triumph over judgment

I dont think we realize how harmful it can be to want to change  a destined mate, just a minor little old thought . .

Couldnt come at a more inopportune time at-as such a critical juncture, BUT couldnt help but share

Re :: Couldnt come at a more inopportune time at-as such a critical juncture BUT couldnt help but share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEtbfzMLVWU {www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEtbfzMLVWU}

You and I  wish you could be as carefree and wild
    But I got cat class and I got cat style

{ Prozac wrote :: }

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

But I will laugh in your face if you want to claim I am "extreme"

You are extremely annoying.  You may begin laughing now. 

Love the new Sig  of ::

"'When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade, without further introduction'  Mark Twain"

Posted on: September 28, 2014   #5       Theme related . .  See:: Humorous Image . . .

(("No manikins were harmed in the making of this UPLOADED image .. ; and  'Don't Blame the Victim'''))  Always spay and neuter  your Manikin  cats . . . ( playing off  that/the 'latest'  Avatar )

On and especially 0ff - site --

Nothing much to add,  I have been sorely tempted  to use  this as a possible signature line,  as follows ::  ''Chuck Swindoll, U.S. pastor and author,  says that , legalism invariably denies the principle of what ? Of 'GRACE' and exalts the pharisaical PRIDE of man..'',  I assure you,  Within all due respect  .. Ouch, the searing irony and pain of it all, who get up in the front  of a local congregation, to share with everyone for certain others !!

0ff - site -- 

http://tinypic.com/m/ibw5z4/3 

Offbeat sense of humor meet inappropriate sense of humor!!

(Big  Smile)

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:iwbiek

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

If you want to argue she never said that, does not change the truth to the content. Just like it would be stupid to teach Santa is real because giving is kind. I have found more links that say she said that then those that say she did not.

Quantity is not quality. You will not find a single academic who will claim she said those quotes. You will find tons of idiots like you who perpetuate ignorance by claiming she did. We KNOW where the quote originated, it came from a book written by Elbert Hubbard in 1908. Now someone in 1915 might have had an excuse to simply trust Hubbard's book since it would have been relatively difficult to check the accuracy. With google, there is no such excuse. In 0.52 seconds, you can discover the origin of the quote. So while you continue to attribute it to Hypatia you are at the very least too lazy to verify it and are being negligently ignorant. Continuing to use it after multiple people point it out is lazy, willfully ignorant and dishonest. 

Quote:

Same with Antoinette. Not only is it well known that the story was fictional, but even more pathetic is you don't even use the quote of the fictional princess correctly. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Editorial Note --- Must send an addendum . . .

Editorial  Note  ---  Must send an addendum . . .

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/34727#comment-413557 {http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/34727#comment-413557} nu #7

My Bad . .  I guess if I would have spent even more time  . .  I could have stumbled upon this through a more arduous image search .. eventually

At the risk of sounding like a cop-out, Oh, About  images like the crunchyroll.com/../1ce354a7b46f50_full  JPG. I should NOT have to break it down for anyone.  Animes' images, are anime images,  the fact they often depict Adolescence to late stage puberty targeted genre, of kids like something from off of a movie like Ender's Game ((which was a 2013 film)) --- You're honestly dealing with what is a cultural phenomena of unseemly,  risqué, or even suggestively salacious stuff coming out of there. I say this in sincere hopes that you DO NOT BLAME ME FOR THEIR CHOICES , K ?!?  So, Blame A male's gaze  in Japanese children's cartoons, alright !?!?? That is all!!

.. things not yet seen ..

Awesome  Clip  ---  I absolutely love this clip from the film :: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSJ5rIMsxiY {http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSJ5rIMsxiY}

Ender's Game Scene : "What if we Could Think to Them"

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
wow. utter silence from

wow. utter silence from brian. what a surprise.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:iwbiek

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Now you have gon on your own petulant childish rant against me trying to play mayrter. 

"Extreme" is not being mistaken. "Extreme" is not being blunt or blasphemous. 

Extreme is using violence to oppress others. Extreem is using law to oppress others. Now if you want to claim I am an obnoxious liar, you'd have more of a case for that. But I will laugh in your face if you want to claim I am "extreme"

You can claim that when I blow something up in the name of atheism, untill then stop being a crybaby because I stood up to you.

And you do realize that Antoinette was 9 years old when the anecdote was written? So even if it were 100% true, (which it most likely isn't because Rosseau is a well known liar and lied about quite a bit in his autobiography) you are asserting your moral and intellectual superiority over a girl younger than 9, not particularly impressive... actually on second thought maybe it is an even contest.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:actually

Beyond Saving wrote:
actually on second thought maybe it is an even contest.

no, i've taught 9 year-olds with considerably more intellect than brian.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
My

My less-than-two-year-old-nephew shows greater intelligence than Brian. He's actually capable of learning and correcting himself, characteristics Brian hasn't displayed in years.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
> εἰμί δέ πορισμός μέγας ὁ εὐσέβεια μετά αὐτάρκεια . .

Re :: Airstrikes  . .  Two two divergent  thoughts

There's an old Sheriff in Town wrote:
Brian said afterall, '' No no no, my job is to make you (Theists) scream like a girly little banshee. My job is to make you feel like a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs. My job is to make you feel like a Muslim at a Southern Baptist revival . My job is to record the NFL without their permission.  I also rip the tags off my mattress. I am a rebel, ok, a rebel without a clue, but who's counting ''

There's an old Sheriff in Town ..  and you'd do well not to forget it (read quote) !

0ff - site ::   Re :: Airstrikes  . .  Two two divergent thoughts

http://tinypic.com/r/15xv8e9/8

Ambiguity is a curse for it satisfies noone and in my experience only leads to a greater need of clarification.  That such a THING  must necessarily be seen over and over must have some real reason behind it.  One of the truly Iconic anime scenes is of Jet Black in the popular anime Cowboy Bebop (Ganymede Elegy),  the one scene where he threw the pocket-watch (memento) into the river, happy to put / make a finally symbolic ending, and putting it all behind him

A Homespun fan wrote :: ''For some reason, I didn’t feel sad or broken up—it just didn’t seem real. But slowly I realized that it was real; that you were gone'' ( her feeling it was emotionally familar to what Jet had Gone through, TO THAT REVIEWER)''

Airstrikes reminds me of the mystic /quasi-literalistic weaponry in the great Indian Epic, the epic narrative tale of the Kurukshetra War.  Before you even respond, I am so wholly glad I can regret any little thought that comes to mind off-site  .. oh  so  glad for that!! But, I am sure you must realize the thoughts I have about you all off-site . .  I wasn't clear ? (?)

Asvatthama (Ashwatthama) was by all descriptions a mighty Maharathi, he was one who fought on the Kaurava side against the Pandavas; at the released his brahmastra menace power and radiation was released, 'some translators' of the text into english use the term 'nuclear weapons',. What he wielded was one of those little thoughts that come to mind.  [♥]ʚïɞ[♥]

This is the strangest old news feed i ran across, to date ..  in the following ::

Champion Gymnast's Hidden Life: Dominique Moceanu

June 8, 2013 Page 2 of 2        

Moceanu would ultimately file for emancipation from her parents when she was 171/2, and got a restraining order against her father. After an injury quashed her bid for the 2000 Olympics, she went to college and was married in 2006 to a fellow gymnast named Mike Canales. Two years later, Moceanu's father, Dimitry Moceanu, died after a long battle with cancer. While Moceanu grappled with her father's illness and looming death, she also underwent another life-changing experience: becoming a mother. She became pregnant with her first child

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
 Every time I log in this

Every time I log in this thread says there is one new message. I come in and all I see is Dana's post from a few days ago.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
welcome to my frustration.

welcome to my frustration. it's because she constantly edits and re-edits her clusterfucks.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:welcome to my

iwbiek wrote:
welcome to my frustration. it's because she constantly edits and re-edits her clusterfucks.

I'm giggling that I'm not the only one who thinks they are cluster fucks.