New NFL Picks Pool

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
New NFL Picks Pool

I've created a new football pool on Yahoo. If you want, join, if not you can just watch.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

I think this will be much more fun. The Group ID and Password is basically all you need to join.

I am allowing you to make your pick for tonight but it won't matter. Tonight's game won't count for anyone.

 

SettingCurrent Value
Group ID#: 60536
Group Password N0P455w0rd
Confidence Points Yes
Spread No
Tiebreakers Yes
Start Week 3
Drop Scores No, use all weeks
Deadline 5 minutes before each game
Playoffs Yes

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Back on the off season

 Back on the off season when I was still working at my last job when RG was drafted, my co-workers and some of my regular customers said "Do you know who you got on draft?" 

I have the same approach on every issue, "I'll believe it when I see it" and "If what you say worked the way you say there would be no problems".

I know the real problem of the Redskins, and it would not matter if we had Montana behind our line. I think RG has the talent, unfortunately bad coaching and bad managment lead to his injuries and not letting him heal and develope.

Since Danny bought that team, we have been spotty and you do not have consistant seasons only firing on 3 cylinders and not 6.

Everyone took McCoy's preformance as a narrow sample rate. Play him every game, you would still have the same average outcome considering the other parts of the team were not firing.

We didn't lose because today because we were playing the Colts, we we lost because we have bad management and a bad owner. 

I am at the point of saying "fuck the nickname, change it, get rid of our owner, just stop sucking".

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 Well, got my ass handed to

 Well, got my ass handed to me this week. All the upsets and all my underdog picks didn't work at all. Worse, my fantasy team is skating on really thin ice. Probably going to lose.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Well,

Beyond Saving wrote:

 Well, got my ass handed to me this week. All the upsets and all my underdog picks didn't work at all. Worse, my fantasy team is skating on really thin ice. Probably going to lose.

Actually every one did. There were six toss up games this week and it ended up being five games being decided by six or less points. Three of those five are one point differences. I lost four of those five games. Then to make this worse, Dallas and San Fransico decided to send their local high school teams to play instead of the pro team.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 808 to 807

 808 to 807


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote: 808

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 808 to 807

Nothing like a little drama. Some great games last weekend though. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2446
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote: 808

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 808 to 807

??????????

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Skins are 3 and 10, makes

 Skins are 3 and 10, makes me all warm and pukey inside. 

Every year draft after draft for the past 20 years I get "look at who we got", and my response is always "so what, I'll believe it when I see it".

 

Everyone wanted to blame RG and he was never the problem other than the management and couch letting him in too fast after injury. We have not fired on all 6 cylinders for the past 20 years. Our problem isn't a player here or a player there. We could have Montana behind our line and we would still suck. Our problem is management and the owner. Unless Danny gets his head out of his ass we will be spotty at best. 

 

My only hope is that we can sweep Dallas since we are playing them at home. Outside that I am not going to hold my breath for a win over Philly or NY.

The only bright spot about the Skins season is that it is almost over.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

 808 to 807

??????????

In the first week of trying out Yahoo Pro Pick Em I took it easy on Beyond. I thought maybe I would be cheating if I went all out on him so I only bet half of my points.

He ended up slaughtering me.

So for the rest of the season I've been trying to catch him and each week I get a few points closer, until last week I made a big gain on him.

Each game you get to bet the strength of the game. For example, a game you are really sure is going to be a win you bet 15 points. A game you are sure is going to be a loss you bet 1 point.

So we are going in to the final two weeks with me being one point behind him. I wish there were more people playing but maybe next year.

 


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

 808 to 807

??????????

In the first week of trying out Yahoo Pro Pick Em I took it easy on Beyond. I thought maybe I would be cheating if I went all out on him so I only bet half of my points.

He ended up slaughtering me.

So for the rest of the season I've been trying to catch him and each week I get a few points closer, until last week I made a big gain on him.

Each game you get to bet the strength of the game. For example, a game you are really sure is going to be a win you bet 15 points. A game you are sure is going to be a loss you bet 1 point.

So we are going in to the final two weeks with me being one point behind him. I wish there were more people playing but maybe next year.

 

Interesting week, I picked six underdogs and I feel really good about all of them.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

 808 to 807

??????????

In the first week of trying out Yahoo Pro Pick Em I took it easy on Beyond. I thought maybe I would be cheating if I went all out on him so I only bet half of my points.

He ended up slaughtering me.

So for the rest of the season I've been trying to catch him and each week I get a few points closer, until last week I made a big gain on him.

Each game you get to bet the strength of the game. For example, a game you are really sure is going to be a win you bet 15 points. A game you are sure is going to be a loss you bet 1 point.

So we are going in to the final two weeks with me being one point behind him. I wish there were more people playing but maybe next year.

 

Interesting week, I picked six underdogs and I feel really good about all of them.

Some of the football pools I'm in have people taking risks like that and they have been paying off. However I'm in for the long term. I stay with the higher percentages even if it is a coin flip of a game. I usually have one week where I'm perfect but I'm running out of time this year.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 I want the Redskins

 I want the Redskins brought up on charges of crimes against humanity. MOTHER FUCKER 3 AND 11!

 

I WANT MY MOMMY!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: I want the

Brian37 wrote:

 I want the Redskins brought up on charges of crimes against humanity. MOTHER FUCKER 3 AND 11!

 

I WANT MY MOMMY!

Shut your pie hole. Deal with it. You picked them as your team so live with it. We all live and die with our team, good or bad.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

I toasted your cookies good this week. I thought for a second I would go perfect but fucking Bills and Jets ruined it.

Oh.. then Philly forgot to tell their offense when the game was being played.

Interesting week, I picked six underdogs and I feel really good about all of them.

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Um well, that was a WHAT

 Um well, that was a WHAT THE Redskins Eagles game yesterday. Didn't expect that last second win. Look out Dallas, Skins may suck, but it is our Superbowl so.........

 And a big thanks to Bob Spence who helped me out with my ability to watch the game. Thank you BOB!

(Note to Brian Sapient: Please don't hurt me) 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Um well,

Brian37 wrote:

 Um well, that was a WHAT THE Redskins Eagles game yesterday. Didn't expect that last second win. Look out Dallas, Skins may suck, but it is our Superbowl so.........

 And a big thanks to Bob Spence who helped me out with my ability to watch the game. Thank you BOB!

(Note to Brian Sapient: Please don't hurt me) 

Mark Sanchez sucks


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 Um well, that was a WHAT THE Redskins Eagles game yesterday. Didn't expect that last second win. Look out Dallas, Skins may suck, but it is our Superbowl so.........

 And a big thanks to Bob Spence who helped me out with my ability to watch the game. Thank you BOB!

(Note to Brian Sapient: Please don't hurt me) 

Mark Sanchez sucks

Everyone sucks untill they make the playoffs then everyone is a genious. I have watched this game since I was a kid and seen all sorts of players hailed as the greatest thing since sliced bread end up doing nothing, and I have seen other players everyone said sucked go on to the playoffs. One thing this game can teach you long term is to never judge a book by it's cover. You can certianly claim individual players are better than others, but it is still a team sport. 

 

It is also why I was pissed at everyone bashing RG and masturbated over McCoy because of a small sample of his play only to end up losing as well. You don't have to have all super stars to win in this league, the most important thing for any team is to have consistency on all sides of the ball. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 Um well, that was a WHAT THE Redskins Eagles game yesterday. Didn't expect that last second win. Look out Dallas, Skins may suck, but it is our Superbowl so.........

 And a big thanks to Bob Spence who helped me out with my ability to watch the game. Thank you BOB!

(Note to Brian Sapient: Please don't hurt me) 

Mark Sanchez sucks

Everyone sucks untill they make the playoffs then everyone is a genious. I have watched this game since I was a kid and seen all sorts of players hailed as the greatest thing since sliced bread end up doing nothing, and I have seen other players everyone said sucked go on to the playoffs. One thing this game can teach you long term is to never judge a book by it's cover. You can certianly claim individual players are better than others, but it is still a team sport. 

 It is also why I was pissed at everyone bashing RG and masturbated over McCoy because of a small sample of his play only to end up losing as well. You don't have to have all super stars to win in this league, the most important thing for any team is to have consistency on all sides of the ball. 

Mark Sanchez sucks. He completely is a shitty QB. He can't handle the end of the game. Philly should be going to the playoffs, heck they should be the division winner. He sucks. 100% sucks. The fact that they took him from NY Jets is an example of how fucking stupid the GM is at the Eagles camp.

RG was used and abused. They don't deserve him. Of course his career is over. He'll never be the same.

McCoy isn't any better.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 fuck. I had two losses

 fuck. I had two losses going in to the 4:30 games and then all shit broke lose.

Fucking inconsistent teams


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 I want the Redskins brought up on charges of crimes against humanity. MOTHER FUCKER 3 AND 11!

 

I WANT MY MOMMY!

Shut your pie hole. Deal with it. You picked them as your team so live with it. We all live and die with our team, good or bad.

But you just don't understand. 

Yes and no. If I am being serious here, it is just a sport, a form of escapism. But just because I bitch about the team I root for does not mean I don't root for them. Really no different than seeing the good in America while not deluding myself into thinking we as a nation get everything right.

 

Yes I bitch about the Redskins, like having a family member you love fart at the dinner table. It just seems for the past 20 years they have been farting alot.

 

To me it is all fun regardless of winning or losing. And have long since scrapped the emotional dogmatism I had growing up.  With time eventually we will make the playoffs again. Bob certainly gets a kick out of me calling him up on Skpe blowing off steam like Luis Black when we lose. But I don't take it seriously anymore like some sports fans do. 

 

I have gotten a kick out of the Skins beating Dallas. That almost means more to me when we have a bad season. But certainly would like to make the playoffs some day.

SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW................WHEN YOU WISH APON A STAR..............LOVE EXITING AND NEW..........When Dallas comes along you must whip it!<------------Shit that's next week. MOMMY!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 Um well, that was a WHAT THE Redskins Eagles game yesterday. Didn't expect that last second win. Look out Dallas, Skins may suck, but it is our Superbowl so.........

 And a big thanks to Bob Spence who helped me out with my ability to watch the game. Thank you BOB!

(Note to Brian Sapient: Please don't hurt me) 

Mark Sanchez sucks

Everyone sucks untill they make the playoffs then everyone is a genious. I have watched this game since I was a kid and seen all sorts of players hailed as the greatest thing since sliced bread end up doing nothing, and I have seen other players everyone said sucked go on to the playoffs. One thing this game can teach you long term is to never judge a book by it's cover. You can certianly claim individual players are better than others, but it is still a team sport. 

 It is also why I was pissed at everyone bashing RG and masturbated over McCoy because of a small sample of his play only to end up losing as well. You don't have to have all super stars to win in this league, the most important thing for any team is to have consistency on all sides of the ball. 

Mark Sanchez sucks. He completely is a shitty QB. He can't handle the end of the game. Philly should be going to the playoffs, heck they should be the division winner. He sucks. 100% sucks. The fact that they took him from NY Jets is an example of how fucking stupid the GM is at the Eagles camp.

RG was used and abused. They don't deserve him. Of course his career is over. He'll never be the same.

McCoy isn't any better.

 

I have been watching this game since I was a kid. You really do not always need the super stars. Back in the Skins Superbowl days we went to the playoffs almost every year and Thiesman and Williams were really the only dencent QB's we had. Jay Shraider and Mark Rippian(sp) simply were average at best but because they had depth on the front line and a killer defense they did well.

I do agree about RG, I think they rushed him too quick and we still have nothing to protect anyone at QB. But as far as his future, I don't see it as over. If he does not stay with us it would not shock me to see RG move to another team and do well. He has the smarts, but he simply cannot play running back every other play and have the coach and the team rely on that. It is still a team sport.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Shut your pie hole. Deal with it. You picked them as your team so live with it. We all live and die with our team, good or bad.

But you just don't understand. 

Yes and no. If I am being serious here, it is just a sport, a form of escapism. But just because I bitch about the team I root for does not mean I don't root for them. Really no different than seeing the good in America while not deluding myself into thinking we as a nation get everything right.

There are three types of NFL fans. There are fans of the players and they follow them from team to team, their are team fans and then there are fans of the sport.

I'm a fan of the sport. I don't care if the Dolphins win or lose. It's pointless to get upset over their losing unless they make me lose $50 in a Fantasy League. Then again, that can happen with any team, any given Sunday.

The only other item in sports which I disagree with is how players are so ridiculously stupid with their money and their game play. This weekend there was the Detroit game where two players from Detroit deliberatley tried to harm the other players. Really cheap and low grade bullshit shots. The NFL will fine them 10 or 20k but then nothing. They should be suspended for two games. The NFL, the executives are shit. They couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper bag. They have no balls to punish the players.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Shut your pie hole. Deal with it. You picked them as your team so live with it. We all live and die with our team, good or bad.

But you just don't understand. 

Yes and no. If I am being serious here, it is just a sport, a form of escapism. But just because I bitch about the team I root for does not mean I don't root for them. Really no different than seeing the good in America while not deluding myself into thinking we as a nation get everything right.

There are three types of NFL fans. There are fans of the players and they follow them from team to team, their are team fans and then there are fans of the sport.

I'm a fan of the sport. I don't care if the Dolphins win or lose. It's pointless to get upset over their losing unless they make me lose $50 in a Fantasy League. Then again, that can happen with any team, any given Sunday.

The only other item in sports which I disagree with is how players are so ridiculously stupid with their money and their game play. This weekend there was the Detroit game where two players from Detroit deliberatley tried to harm the other players. Really cheap and low grade bullshit shots. The NFL will fine them 10 or 20k but then nothing. They should be suspended for two games. The NFL, the executives are shit. They couldn't manage their way out of a wet paper bag. They have no balls to punish the players.

 

John Riggins ended up broke a couple years after his carreer ended, lived in a friends garage at one point. I am not good with money myself but if you make that much you can certianly have it planned out for you. And as far as head hunting, there was a big scandle back in the 80s which a couple players addmitted to decades later that the team owners used to pay them bonuses for knocking out other players.  But this is actually even in other businesses when you don't have independent oversight. It isn't always good to let the "free market" self police.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Someone explain this to

 Someone explain this to me? Anyone who saw the Colts get their asses handed to them 42 to 7 by Dallas.

 

I understand trick plays like a flee flicker or fake punt. Yes the entire game is about misdirection.

 

But when you are only one score down in the first quarter with your back against the wall WHO THE HELL CALLS A FAKE PUNT ON 4TH AND 11?

I can handle religious debate, and even economic debate, but even not being a Colts fan I wanted to kick that coach in the fucking nuts.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Someone

Brian37 wrote:

 Someone explain this to me? Anyone who saw the Colts get their asses handed to them 42 to 7 by Dallas.

 

I understand trick plays like a flee flicker or fake punt. Yes the entire game is about misdirection.

 

But when you are only one score down in the first quarter with your back against the wall WHO THE HELL CALLS A FAKE PUNT ON 4TH AND 11?

I can handle religious debate, and even economic debate, but even not being a Colts fan I wanted to kick that coach in the fucking nuts.

Bah. I think The Colts should hire a woman to coach them. I bet they would go undefeated.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Well at 1pm EST time it

 Well at 1pm EST time it will be the start of the last game for Washington, and win or lose our misery will get a break for 6 months until we repeat it again next year. Not expecting a win against Dallas, but I also didn't expect it last time. Who knows. Bob and another friend I expect to be watching with me while we talk on skpe. They'll get a kick out of me pulling a Luis Black at my TV. 

I WANT MY MOMMY!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 Someone explain this to me? Anyone who saw the Colts get their asses handed to them 42 to 7 by Dallas.

 

I understand trick plays like a flee flicker or fake punt. Yes the entire game is about misdirection.

 

But when you are only one score down in the first quarter with your back against the wall WHO THE HELL CALLS A FAKE PUNT ON 4TH AND 11?

I can handle religious debate, and even economic debate, but even not being a Colts fan I wanted to kick that coach in the fucking nuts.

Bah. I think The Colts should hire a woman to coach them. I bet they would go undefeated.

Fuck Luck that was an expensive game to decide not to throw up any fp

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Yea yea yea, Skins had

 Yea yea yea, Skins had thier asses handed to them. But even with that my friends who braved the game on Skpe had fun watching me come unglued had fun. And on top of that at the end of the game my mom called me up, of course a fellow fan, but the funny part was while I was on the phone with her a fomer co worker called me to rub it in. I have been a fan of this game for a long time, and while winning is fun, trash talk is even better. It has to be for me the most enjoyable loss I have been through.

It still amounts to if you cant laugh at yourself you cant laugh at anyone.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Now I am watching the

 Now I am watching the Detroit Green Bay game. Just saw something typical as far as rules that I fucking hate, and have hated since they implemented them.

On kick offs it used to be that you could as a kicker kick the ball out of bounds and that is where the ball started. Now on an after score kickoff if you do that it is a penalty. I FUCKING HATE THAT and always have. If it is ok on punt kick to kick the ball out of bounds why would a kick off after a score be any different? 

Isn't the entire point of the game in kicking to back the recieving team to put their backs against the wall?

I have hated that rule change for a long time.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Fuck

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fuck Luck that was an expensive game to decide not to throw up any fp

Well it would have been more interesting if we had a few more people in the league but maybe next year.

I thought you might catch me this week so I played it really safe and went with the favorites. I was going to pick NE to lose and what do you know? they lost.

The play offs are going to be fun. I bet I get my ass handed to me by you. I always do poorly in the playoffs.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Beyond

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fuck Luck that was an expensive game to decide not to throw up any fp

Well it would have been more interesting if we had a few more people in the league but maybe next year.

I thought you might catch me this week so I played it really safe and went with the favorites. I was going to pick NE to lose and what do you know? they lost.

The play offs are going to be fun. I bet I get my ass handed to me by you. I always do poorly in the playoffs.

Well I closed the gap but you should be ahead enough to survive a few misses in the playoffs. At least the Jets have decided to clean house. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Fuck Luck that was an expensive game to decide not to throw up any fp

Well it would have been more interesting if we had a few more people in the league but maybe next year.

I thought you might catch me this week so I played it really safe and went with the favorites. I was going to pick NE to lose and what do you know? they lost.

The play offs are going to be fun. I bet I get my ass handed to me by you. I always do poorly in the playoffs.

Well I closed the gap but you should be ahead enough to survive a few misses in the playoffs. At least the Jets have decided to clean house. 

Actually it is the playoffs that worry me. You are forgetting confidence points.

You get 4, 8, 12 & 16 points to spend on the first round.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Being the underdog guy I

 Being the underdog guy I am I am rooting for Detroit since they have never won a Superbowl. Not to mention I hate Dallas.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Being the

Brian37 wrote:

 Being the underdog guy I am I am rooting for Detroit since they have never won a Superbowl. Not to mention I hate Dallas.

I was kind of hoping that the Cardinals would offer the QB job to Favre, because he is probably insane enough to say yes. I'm always happy to see Romo lose, but the way the Cowboys have been rolling on offense, it is hard to see how Detroit stops them. Detroits offense is good, but they can't keep up in an all out shootout. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 Guess this game matters

 Guess this game matters Digital. Didn't see you putting 16 on Arizona. 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 Being the underdog guy I am I am rooting for Detroit since they have never won a Superbowl. Not to mention I hate Dallas.

I was kind of hoping that the Cardinals would offer the QB job to Favre, because he is probably insane enough to say yes. I'm always happy to see Romo lose, but the way the Cowboys have been rolling on offense, it is hard to see how Detroit stops them. Detroits offense is good, but they can't keep up in an all out shootout. 

Well that is at least one thing we don't have to fight about. Just because it is in Dallas I lean to agreeing with you, but the Skins did beat them in Dallas. I simply want Dallas to lose. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 Wow, that was one of the

 Wow, that was one of the sloppiest NFL games I've ever seen on both sides of the ball. Hard to believe that was a playoff game. Goodbye Panthers, enjoy your last victory this season. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Wow,

Beyond Saving wrote:

 Wow, that was one of the sloppiest NFL games I've ever seen on both sides of the ball. Hard to believe that was a playoff game. Goodbye Panthers, enjoy your last victory this season. 

I left on vacation last Wednesday and didn't really have time or the resources to get online and change my picks. I had saw the review of the Panthers and said after hearing it "yeah, the Panthers are going to win". Didn't do me any good though.

As I said, the playoffs changes things. Each round your picks mean more because the points make the difference. I could lose all four of these first rounds and still get you in the end since the points increase so much. Either way I need to pick up a few points on the next two games just to make things easier for me even if we picked the same teams.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 I am sure a few here

 I am sure a few here watched the Detroit vs Dallas game. 

Here is what I do not get. Why the fuck did they pick up that flag after what was a clear pass interference? Now if you look closely at the play, the reciever DID touch the corner's face mask. But it does not seem they caught that, because if you have two offsetting penalties they still call them, and the down repeats. But if all they saw as reffs was the pass interference on the corner's part, for the life of me I cannot understand why they picked up that flag?

Now a blown call should not be the entirety of the game. But I stll hate seeing it in any game. Can anyone explain that tom me?

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: I am sure a

Brian37 wrote:

 I am sure a few here watched the Detroit vs Dallas game. 

Here is what I do not get. Why the fuck did they pick up that flag after what was a clear pass interference? Now if you look closely at the play, the reciever DID touch the corner's face mask. But it does not seem they caught that, because if you have two offsetting penalties they still call them, and the down repeats. But if all they saw as reffs was the pass interference on the corner's part, for the life of me I cannot understand why they picked up that flag?

Now a blown call should not be the entirety of the game. But I stll hate seeing it in any game. Can anyone explain that tom me?

 

Micheal Strahan called it well, "If there would have been no flag no one would be talking about this play but they would be talking about how Detroit blew a 20-7 lead after the 3rd quarter".

The flag was picked up because the ref who threw it was a mile away and was over ruled by the ref who was in position to see the play up close. The ref who should have thrown the flag didn't because he saw the receiver put his hands in the facemask of the defender. The defender touched the receiver because he was trying to get the receiver hands out of his face. If any flag should have been called it was a facemask by the receiver, but that is a tough call also because it could be intentional or unintentional.

They did the right thing by picking up the flag.

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 I am sure a few here watched the Detroit vs Dallas game. 

Here is what I do not get. Why the fuck did they pick up that flag after what was a clear pass interference? Now if you look closely at the play, the reciever DID touch the corner's face mask. But it does not seem they caught that, because if you have two offsetting penalties they still call them, and the down repeats. But if all they saw as reffs was the pass interference on the corner's part, for the life of me I cannot understand why they picked up that flag?

Now a blown call should not be the entirety of the game. But I stll hate seeing it in any game. Can anyone explain that tom me?

 

Micheal Strahan called it well, "If there would have been no flag no one would be talking about this play but they would be talking about how Detroit blew a 20-7 lead after the 3rd quarter".

The flag was picked up because the ref who threw it was a mile away and was over ruled by the ref who was in position to see the play up close. The ref who should have thrown the flag didn't because he saw the receiver put his hands in the facemask of the defender. The defender touched the receiver because he was trying to get the receiver hands out of his face. If any flag should have been called it was a facemask by the receiver, but that is a tough call also because it could be intentional or unintentional.

They did the right thing by picking up the flag.

 

 

Oh I did see the reciever's hands to the facemask of the defender, but the ref who did see it should have thrown another flag, offseting penalties. Repeate down. Still shitty play calling. 

The call would not be controversial if it had been called right. I do not think the other reff should have been overruled I think the idiot who overuled him should have thrown his own flag for the face mask call. 

The right thing would have been to call both players with offsetting flags. The lack of doing that looks bad on the reffs and they should know better.

Oh and I do agree blown calls still don't matter to me either,  put enough points on the board those things don't matter. I am strictly talking about the reffs and the way they did it. 

All he had to do was explain the offsetting penalties instead of simply picking up the flag with no explination.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 I am sure a few here watched the Detroit vs Dallas game. 

Here is what I do not get. Why the fuck did they pick up that flag after what was a clear pass interference? Now if you look closely at the play, the reciever DID touch the corner's face mask. But it does not seem they caught that, because if you have two offsetting penalties they still call them, and the down repeats. But if all they saw as reffs was the pass interference on the corner's part, for the life of me I cannot understand why they picked up that flag?

Now a blown call should not be the entirety of the game. But I stll hate seeing it in any game. Can anyone explain that tom me?

 

Micheal Strahan called it well, "If there would have been no flag no one would be talking about this play but they would be talking about how Detroit blew a 20-7 lead after the 3rd quarter".

The flag was picked up because the ref who threw it was a mile away and was over ruled by the ref who was in position to see the play up close. The ref who should have thrown the flag didn't because he saw the receiver put his hands in the facemask of the defender. The defender touched the receiver because he was trying to get the receiver hands out of his face. If any flag should have been called it was a facemask by the receiver, but that is a tough call also because it could be intentional or unintentional.

They did the right thing by picking up the flag.

 

 

Oh I did see the reciever's hands to the facemask of the defender, but the ref who did see it should have thrown another flag, offseting penalties. Repeate down. Still shitty play calling. 

The call would not be controversial if it had been called right. I do not think the other reff should have been overruled I think the idiot who overuled him should have thrown his own flag for the face mask call. 

The right thing would have been to call both players with offsetting flags. The lack of doing that looks bad on the reffs and they should know better.

Oh and I do agree blown calls still don't matter to me either,  put enough points on the board those things don't matter. I am strictly talking about the reffs and the way they did it. 

All he had to do was explain the offsetting penalties instead of simply picking up the flag with no explination.

I disagree. The penalty called on Dallas was defensive pass interference. In order for that penalty to be called the defensive player must make intentional contact with the receiver, not turn to the ball or not make a play for the ball. In this case it was 'face blocking' which is allowed in the NFL. It is not illegal and no penalty should have been called because the defensive player made contact for only the purpose of removing the receivers hand from the mask.

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 I am sure a few here watched the Detroit vs Dallas game. 

Here is what I do not get. Why the fuck did they pick up that flag after what was a clear pass interference? Now if you look closely at the play, the reciever DID touch the corner's face mask. But it does not seem they caught that, because if you have two offsetting penalties they still call them, and the down repeats. But if all they saw as reffs was the pass interference on the corner's part, for the life of me I cannot understand why they picked up that flag?

Now a blown call should not be the entirety of the game. But I stll hate seeing it in any game. Can anyone explain that tom me?

 

Micheal Strahan called it well, "If there would have been no flag no one would be talking about this play but they would be talking about how Detroit blew a 20-7 lead after the 3rd quarter".

The flag was picked up because the ref who threw it was a mile away and was over ruled by the ref who was in position to see the play up close. The ref who should have thrown the flag didn't because he saw the receiver put his hands in the facemask of the defender. The defender touched the receiver because he was trying to get the receiver hands out of his face. If any flag should have been called it was a facemask by the receiver, but that is a tough call also because it could be intentional or unintentional.

They did the right thing by picking up the flag.

 

 

Oh I did see the reciever's hands to the facemask of the defender, but the ref who did see it should have thrown another flag, offseting penalties. Repeate down. Still shitty play calling. 

The call would not be controversial if it had been called right. I do not think the other reff should have been overruled I think the idiot who overuled him should have thrown his own flag for the face mask call. 

The right thing would have been to call both players with offsetting flags. The lack of doing that looks bad on the reffs and they should know better.

Oh and I do agree blown calls still don't matter to me either,  put enough points on the board those things don't matter. I am strictly talking about the reffs and the way they did it. 

All he had to do was explain the offsetting penalties instead of simply picking up the flag with no explination.

I disagree. The penalty called on Dallas was defensive pass interference. In order for that penalty to be called the defensive player must make intentional contact with the receiver, not turn to the ball or not make a play for the ball. In this case it was 'face blocking' which is allowed in the NFL. It is not illegal and no penalty should have been called because the defensive player made contact for only the purpose of removing the receivers hand from the mask.

 

 

You missunderstood me. Go find a clip of that play, in reality outside what the reffs called, BOTH committed a penalty, right before the pass interference on the defenders part, the reciever put his hands to the defender's face mask. That was the reason for the non call. The reff should have thrown a second flag on the reciever, seems that he simply thought about that after the fact and decided to make it a non call.

Yes the he did not turn arround but he did make contact. BOTH made a penalty, it simply would have cleared things up to call them both.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You

Brian37 wrote:

You missunderstood me. Go find a clip of that play, in reality outside what the reffs called, BOTH committed a penalty, right before the pass interference on the defenders part, the reciever put his hands to the defender's face mask. That was the reason for the non call. The reff should have thrown a second flag on the reciever, seems that he simply thought about that after the fact and decided to make it a non call.

Yes the he did not turn arround but he did make contact. BOTH made a penalty, it simply would have cleared things up to call them both.

I've seen the video enough to know the offensive player grabbed the face mask and the defensive player grabbed the jersey earlier (defensive holding). Those are the penalties.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 I really don't give one

 I really don't give one crap who wins the Superbowl as long as Dallas doesn't go. Please Green Bay, please put a stake in their heart. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: I really

Brian37 wrote:

 I really don't give one crap who wins the Superbowl as long as Dallas doesn't go. Please Green Bay, please put a stake in their heart. 

 

                            Never fear Brian, evolution will determine the outcome.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 I really don't give one crap who wins the Superbowl as long as Dallas doesn't go. Please Green Bay, please put a stake in their heart. 

 

                            Never fear Brian, evolution will determine the outcome.

True, but why Dallas? There must be a god who hates me.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Damn. I thought I might win

Damn. I thought I might win a game on you and gain a few points.

If I can keep the next week close then the Super Bowl will be an amazing ending.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Bye bye Dallas!

 Bye bye Dallas!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Bye bye

Brian37 wrote:

 Bye bye Dallas!

I see all the Dallas fans complaining but too bad so sad. It wasn't a catch.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15771
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 Bye bye Dallas!

I see all the Dallas fans complaining but too bad so sad. It wasn't a catch.

Who cares besides Dallas fans, to me I have the song from the Wizard of Oz playing in my head out of joy "Ding Dong The Wicked Witch Is Dead".

That reminds me, gotta go give my friend John a hard time.......He he. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37