Is this real? or staged?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is this real? or staged?

http://youtu.be/X_bpWQiLsH0

I've looked online and I have found a number of riders who landed on their feet... but on top of a moving car? I would like to see an interview.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Wow

Outstanding.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
digital.........

Looked real to me digital. Really weird things can happen on the streets, most are nothing but bad news. Yet because vehicles come in so many shapes and sizes and speed and angles of impact very has much as human beings very, some results can be pleasingly exciting. Add to that the number of dashcams and other video sources and we just get to see more of it. Warning; no doubt some idiots will try to stage the same stunt and that is when the broken bodies will start to pile up. Famous last words: "Watch this everybody!!"

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Spiderman!

Spiderman!

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm going with staged,

I'm going with staged, probably computer animated. Standing on top of a moving car is extremely difficult if you have time to set up, grab on and be prepared for it. After the force of such an impact, there is no way you could regain you center of gravity enough to avoid sliding off.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:I'm

Beyond Saving wrote:

I'm going with staged, probably computer animated. Standing on top of a moving car is extremely difficult if you have time to set up, grab on and be prepared for it. After the force of such an impact, there is no way you could regain you center of gravity enough to avoid sliding off.

I agree with you. After examining it at a slower speed I found flaws in the video. If you watch closely the light on the bike before the crash is wrong. Also, if you stop/start/stop really quickly you can see a "block" around the rider showing they were pasted in to the video. Then there is a huge amount of clay/dirt kicked up. They tried to color it black like smoke but it is clearly not smoke and reacts like dirt.

My guess is that they took too different videos and spliced them together. They did a good job because the speed at which you watch it causes a bit of an illusion to be created. Your eye can't catch all those details at full speed.