France delivering arms to the Iraq Kurds

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
France delivering arms to the Iraq Kurds

UK/France and USA seem to be in the middle of a rescue style mission for the Yazidis. Thoughts ?

www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28770519

Iraq crisis: France to deliver arms to Iraqi Kurds

France will supply arms to Iraq's Kurds "in the coming hours", French President Francois Hollande has announced.

France has received approval from authorities in Baghdad for the decision, French media reports say.

Kurdish forces are fighting militants from the Islamic State (IS) group. Thousands of members of the Yazidi sect have fled the IS advance.

UK Prime Minister David Cameron says an international plan is being drawn up to rescue the stranded Yazidis.

He says the UK will play a role in the mission, the details of which "are now being put in place".

A statement from Mr Hollande's office said the arms would be supplied "in response to the urgent need expressed by the regional authorities in Kurdistan".

"For several days, France has had the necessary measures in place to support the operational capabilities of the forces fighting IS," the statement said.

"The catastrophic situation faced by the population of Iraqi Kurdistan means the international community must step up its mobilisation," it went on.

The US has also reportedly begun supplying weapons to the Kurdish forces, known as the Peshmerga. Earlier, the US announced it had sent 130 more military advisers to the Kurdish region.

The marines and special operations forces will assess the humanitarian situation and will not be engaged in combat, a US defence official said.

The US has been carrying out air strikes against IS fighters in northern Iraq.

The political leader of Iraq's Kurds, Massoud Barzani, had on Sunday appealed for international military aid to help defeat the Islamist militants.

The United Nations has said that tens of thousands of civilians, including members of the Yazidi sect, are trapped on Mount Sinjar by IS fighters and need "life-saving assistance".

The US, Britain and France have been delivering humanitarian aid to the Yazidis trapped in the north.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Go Kurds! 

Go Kurds!

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Russia should hit them with

Russia should hit them with sanctions.

oops

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Russia should

Vastet wrote:
Russia should hit them with sanctions. oops

Russia should send all of its hot babes in to the area they want to over throw rather than armies.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Vastet

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Russia should send all of its hot babes in to the area they want to over throw rather than armies.

oh please. russian women got nothing on czechs and slovaks, and they age badly.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:digitalbeachbum

iwbiek wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:

I dated a russian ex-pat for awhile. She was a bit older than me but still damn hot. The only problem was that she's batshit crazy; great for the sex terrible for the relationship. Of anyone I have ever dated, she was the most likely to kill me. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:iwbiek

Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:

I dated a russian ex-pat for awhile. She was a bit older than me but still damn hot. The only problem was that she's batshit crazy; great for the sex terrible for the relationship. Of anyone I have ever dated, she was the most likely to kill me. 

russian women have a tendency to get fat in middle age, something that rarely happens with czech, slovak, or polish women. and yes, russians in general are insane. i love russian history and literature, i studied the language all through high school, but i've never much liked a single russian i've ever met--and many i've downright despised--and i have no interest in visiting russia whatsoever.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:iwbiek

Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:

I had a friend who married a russian woman and had one child. He told me that she was totally bat shit crazy.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:digitalbeachbum

iwbiek wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Then send all the hot czech and slovak woman.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Go

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Go Kurds!

I agree! Kick some ISIS ASS!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Go Kurds!

I agree! Kick some ISIS ASS!

I can not help but find it comical that a misogynistic group such as ISIS is using the name of an Ancient Egyptian Goddess of Power, Magic, Fertility and Queen of All the Goddesses in Egypt as their name sake. 

Perhaps I should send them a letter explaining how the Goddess Isis saved all of Egypt from Ra by tricking him into giving her his secret words of power ? I am sure that this group would be more than happy to listen to this. 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I doubt the god Isis has or

I doubt the god Isis has or had anything to do with anything. It's the names of Iraq and Syria that caused the acronym. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria = ISIS.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I doubt the god

Vastet wrote:
I doubt the god Isis has or had anything to do with anything. It's the names of Iraq and Syria that caused the acronym. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria = ISIS.

I was just being sarcastic of course Smiling

― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Vastet wrote:I doubt the god

Vastet wrote:

You are right, I do not think it has anything to do with Egyptian polytheism. But it is ironic comming from a group that hates anyone that doesn't suck Allah's dick. "Bow to Allah our name is ISIS".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Vastet

harleysportster wrote:

Vastet wrote:

I was just being sarcastic of course Smiling

I thought you might be, but Brian's constant stream of absolute and irredeemable stupidity has me being a bit more combative recently. My apologies.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Great line...

Beyond Saving wrote:

Of anyone I have ever dated, she was the most likely to kill me. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:LMAO!

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

LMAO! Funny even if it isn't a precise comparison.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
yeah, a pine or birch log

yeah, a pine or birch log that size i could easily handle; oak or ash, well...

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rofl that pic

Rofl that pic

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:yeah, a pine or

iwbiek wrote:
yeah, a pine or birch log that size i could easily handle; oak or ash, well...

or balsa