A Pope says what?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
A Pope says what?

http://news.yahoo.com/pope-francis-warns-evil-legalizing-drugs-140027464.html

Well hate to tell you this Pope, but you don't live in the states number 1. Number 2, you are not our ellected official. Number 3, so that means you have no power as to what our laws are. Number 4, we are not a theocracy.

You can also complain about gay marriage too, but you can pray in one hand and shit in the other and you still wont have any power over our ellections or laws.

Now however, if we had one politician who was Catholic running for election here who sided with you, and another Catholic politician running in favor of pot being legal, it would still be OUR decision having not a damned thing to do with your opinion. It would still be up to our  voters and our courts.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline
quattrocento

It almost seems like his words didn't move your heart Sticking out tongue

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
luca wrote: It almost seems

luca wrote:

It almost seems like his words didn't move your heart Sticking out tongue

It did move me, it moved me to say "So the fuck what"?

Even with gay marriage. If a Cathoic church here in the states decide to preform gay marriages, all he could do is cut their funds, but if that particular location still wanted to do it and could raise their own money, he has no global copwrite on the "Catholic" label nor would it apply because here we have that pesky First Amendment that would side with any Catholic Church that would decide to do so.

The only real power he has is over a tiny complex in the middle of Italy. Outside that complex he only has power over the people who let him have power over them.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
 If the pope would like to

If the pope would like to have even more Catholics depart the church he should continue with this view. As a citizen of Colorado we don't care about his views or pretty much those in the surrounding states. 

Take care of your own mess Frannie. You inherited a bunch of decadent perverts that molest children. The church has protected many of them from prosecution.

Legal pot in Colorado is accomplishing all that we thought it would. Less crime and tax dollars for the state. Considering how many Latinas live here and they are mostly Catholic he should realize that all that will happen is even more of them will depart the church. Amendment 64 passed with about 55% of the vote. Colorado has over a 40% Hispanic population, most who claim to be Catholic (probably in name only). We haven't turned into a drug fueled crime ridden ghetto. Those are located elsewhere in states with repressive laws passed by liberals and Democrats back at the time of FDR. Funny that the Right aka Republicans adopted the Liberal agenda and want the government to control your life and morals (though not guns or money). 

We don't need a mommy government nor do we need the imaginary god's representative ravings. 

The Catholic Church's sole desire is to gain back the lost power and control it once had. Never going to happen, fairy tales and storytales do not stand in the real world anymore. The world is not flat, no Heaven has been found in our Solar System and we are a product of evolution not an imaginary god of backward savages.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
The funny part is that some

The funny part is that some people don't get about me is that I am blasting the concept of the idea of needing religion and not really one individual or institution itself.

I would vote against a an economic conservative Catholic against legal pot and for a economic liberal Catholic for legal pot. And I don't even smoke pot myself.

I really don't care what religion someone claims, nor am I out to stick a religious person in an oven just because they attach their morality to a comic book. I am however tired of the pedestal all religions think they should get by proxy of their mere existance.

I find it funny when any religious leader of any religion gives their opinion as if they ran for ellecition and won. If the Dali Lama said pot should be illegal, I would tell him to fuck off too. If another Buddhist said pot should be legal, I would be with them, but they would still also have to be a citizen of the US for their opinion to mean something but in neither case would my agreeing with them or dissagreeing with them be based on their personal religious beliefs. I don't hold any loyalty to atheists either as those who have observed my dectractors here.

To blast me for picking on the Pope because I am an atheist is absurd. Back when Kerry ran against Bush that Pope threatened to defrock Catholic politicians who sided with pro choice. OUR liberal Catholics including politicians told him to fuck off.