Remember that time Jesus judo chopped the Romans

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Remember that time Jesus judo chopped the Romans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UcZFOgQmuM

Fight the good fight. Paul was not talking about defending oneself physically. There is zeros evidence of this. Jesus and all the apostles including Paul submitted to death and where does the New Testament say they brawled with someone who attacked them? This is the same distortion that gun nuts rant on about. Really how easy is it to twist the "Word of God" to whatever you just happen to believe. It is a really odd book for that which testifies  to its internal inconsistency.

Apostle James was beheaded by Herod.

Traditional beliefs on some of the apostles death

Peter crucified upside-down on a cross by the Romans.

Matthew killed by a sword

John boiled in oil. He survived (like Daniel in the lions den) and exiled to the isle of Patmos and died of old age

Bartholomew flayed to death by whip

Paul tortured and beheaded by Nero.

It goes on. The war like attitude was the Old Testament. Jesus reversed that. It was an acknowledgement that fighting was not this God's way. Jehovah, yes. Jesus, no. They should not say they are Christians. They couldn't handle being what Christians were.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister

ex-minister wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UcZFOgQmuM

Fight the good fight. Paul was not talking about defending oneself physically. There is zeros evidence of this. Jesus and all the apostles including Paul submitted to death and where does the New Testament say they brawled with someone who attacked them? This is the same distortion that gun nuts rant on about. Really how easy is it to twist the "Word of God" to whatever you just happen to believe. It is a really odd book for that which testifies  to its internal inconsistency.

Apostle James was beheaded by Herod.

Traditional beliefs on some of the apostles death

Peter crucified upside-down on a cross by the Romans.

Matthew killed by a sword

John boiled in oil. He survived (like Daniel in the lions den) and exiled to the isle of Patmos and died of old age

Bartholomew flayed to death by whip

Paul tortured and beheaded by Nero.

It goes on. The war like attitude was the Old Testament. Jesus reversed that. It was an acknowledgement that fighting was not this God's way. Jehovah, yes. Jesus, no. They should not say they are Christians. They couldn't handle being what Christians were.

I think the only reason in reality Christianity became popular is that Rome had been for far too long over extending itself and been far too abusive and the populous was looking for a more gental religion to follow. Hard to play bully when you are the one being bullied at the time. And everyone likes an underdog.

Having said that, once Christianity became the majority, as we well know, it went on to become abusive itself.  I still find it funny that the Vatican has in front of it, an Oblisk the tyrant Caligula swiped from Egypt during his rule. The church would like you to think the cross on top of it symbolizes good tryumphing over evil. I find that hard to swallow considering that organizations own atrocities that followed.

Good and peace to religion merely means, "It is good when I am on top".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog