Netherlands: 15% goes to church

xtien
User is offlineOffline
Netherlands: 15% goes to church

According to recent research, the percentage of people in the Netherlands who go to church dropped from 51% in 1970 to 15% today.

link, in Dutch: http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2014/04/28/vertrouwen-in-kerk-de-afgelopen-twintig-jaar-nog-nooit-zo-laag/

The pdf contains a summary in English.

Philosophicus
Philosophicus's picture
User is offlineOffline
~~~~

Those are encouraging stats, but the article shows that church-goers still volunteer more. That'll change one day.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
well, i don't care WHO

well, i don't care WHO "volunteers more." as long as it's for a worthy cause, they can be a branch davidian for all i care.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
In America it's only 26% and

In America it's only 26% and as a pastor neighbor himself told me about half those people come for the socializing and free refreshments!

That means true believers in America are around 15%!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com