harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Colorado School Shooting

Apparently this guy was hunting for a teacher

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25375064

Gunman dead after Centennial, Colorado, school shooting

A student at a Colorado school shot and wounded two students, one seriously, before dying of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, police say.

The gunman brought a shotgun to the school and was looking for a specific teacher when confronted by a classmate, the Arapahoe County sheriff said.

The teacher left the school after learning he was a target.

The attack took place a day before the anniversary of a US primary school shooting which left 20 children dead.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
The US homicide rate of 4.8

The US homicide rate of 4.8 in 2010 is still among the highest in the industrialized world. There were 14,748 homicides in the United States in 2010, including non-negligent manslaughter. More than 10,000 of those were gun murders! The homicide rate in the UK, France, and Germany are all around 1.0 or less! 33 people are killed EVERY DAY with guns in America! Many of those other nations only see around 33 gun deaths a YEAR!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline

We just need more guns.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

We just need more guns.

Just the opposite! We need fewer guns because countries all over western Europe that have strong gun restrictions have LOWER overall murder rates!

10, 000+ gun murders for us while under 100 for most Euro nations! The answer is obvious! GET RID OF THE GUNS!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is a statistical fact

It is a statistical fact that gun crimes are primarily committed with handguns that are over 10 years old, while virtually none are committed with new handguns and zero with fully automatic guns. The answer is obvious, FREE UPGRADES OF ALL GUNS! Trade in your old Saturday Night Special for a brand new select fire Tavor!

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

We just need more guns.

Fuck that, we need to be allowed to have tanks and jets and rocket launchers.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote:It is a

Beyond Saving wrote:

It is a statistical fact that gun crimes are primarily committed with handguns that are over 10 years old, while virtually none are committed with new handguns and zero with fully automatic guns. The answer is obvious, FREE UPGRADES OF ALL GUNS! Trade in your old Saturday Night Special for a brand new select fire Tavor!

Ok Alex Jones. I'd rather suck the puss out of the boil than fuck any chick that thinks guns are sexy.  Some people still think we live in a Rambo movie.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i'll take his place in line.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i'll take his

iwbiek wrote:

Hehehe. I was thinking the same thing. Provided she put the machine gun away before we get down to business.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I'd rather

Brian37 wrote:

I'd rather suck the puss out of the boil than fuck any chick that thinks guns are sexy.

Perfect, then you can entertain her hippy friend without me promising to take one for the team in the future.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
harleysportsterHehehe. I was

harleysportster wrote:

Hehehe. I was thinking the same thing. Provided she put the machine gun away before we get down to business.

With me she could go ahead and hang on to the Tavor during coitus.  That way she would hopefully be distracted from noticing my completely inadequate man-meat.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Ok Alex Jones.

Brian37 wrote:
Ok Alex Jones. I'd rather suck the puss out of the boil than fuck any chick that thinks guns are sexy.

Damnit, I hate to kind of agree with Brian EVER.

I say "kind of" because women can find guns interesting and want to learn from them, but sexy?  There's nothing even remotely "sexy" about a tool that kills people, allows hunters to slay animals for sport and promote this pathetic image of manly activities and posturing.  Fuck that. 

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Damnit, I hate to kind of agree with Brian EVER.

Same here.  Fortunately that is an extremely rare occurrence.

Sage_Override wrote:
I say "kind of" because women can find guns interesting and want to learn from them, but sexy?

Not sexy like a paraphilia  but sexy in the artistic sense, as a work of engineering.   When I used to ride motocross bikes I got them dirty and muddy as hell.  After I thoroughly cleaned it  up at the carwash I used to prop it up on its side stand and just admire the beautiful lines of that bike. It was a beautiful machine built strictly around it's designated purpose   It had nothing to do with getting a hard on or trying to be manly.  That's just leftist pop psychology bullshit.

Sage_Override wrote:
There's nothing even remotely "sexy" about a tool that kills people, allows hunters to slay animals for sport and promote this pathetic image of manly activities and posturing.  Fuck that.

Killing does not endear me to my weapons.   I don't hunt because I don't like to kill animals.  You are attempting to slander me with a cheap shot in the same way a Christian fanatic might present  Jeffrey Dahmer  as the typical male homosexual in order to discredit gays.   You don't care that I don't fit your stereotype, a stereotype which is utterly laughable by the way.

PS, this afternoon I fired 200 rounds of 40 caliber ammunition from my two pistols.   No one died and I didn't get aroused.   Sorry.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
     Pink Pistols is an

To further illustrate your misrepresentation, Pink Pistols is an organization that supports and embraces guns for self defense among the gay community.   Pink Pistols exists both for the purposes of  training gays in the use firearms to protect themselves from physical attacks as well as the simple pleasure of handling and firing weapons. 

"Pink Pistols"                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yfbJFIxMMk

"Should Gays Carry Guns ?"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12DYpcd9n6Q

Jeton Ademaj, organizer of New York City Pink Pistols  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSZPzMgFqUI    ( see 5:28 and 8:48 regarding your "manly posturing" assertion )

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
The creator of the

The creator of the "Anarchist Cookbook" said he wishes the book would be pulled from shelves. It is said that the book contributed to this travesty.

I however think this would have still happened with the same person with the same results even with out that book.

I've had a copy of the book for over thirty years. I've never wanted to do horrible, stupid things like shoot up a school because of it. In fact, I have no idea where it is packed away.

As I recall, most of the stuff is outdated and worthless; some of the items in the book are even false and misleading.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I'd rather

Brian37 wrote:

I'd rather suck the puss out of the boil than fuck any chick that thinks guns are sexy. 

Some people still think we live in a Rambo movie.

1) That's about the ignorant thing I've ever seen you post.

2) I think you think you live in a Rambo world.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Perfect, then you can entertain her hippy friend without me promising to take one for the team in the future.

Stupid picture for you to pick because he looks like he is saying, "What is the point in explaining to testosterone  idiots how stupid bravado is"

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:"What is the

Brian37 wrote:

"What is the point in explaining to testosterone  idiots how stupid bravado is"

What's a "testosterone idiot" ?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Stupid picture

Brian37 wrote:
Stupid picture for you to pick because he looks like he is saying, "What is the point in explaining to testosterone  idiots how stupid bravado is"

that's a fucking chick, brian. and beyond said that. do you ever take two fucking seconds to look at a post carefully before you respond? or is your diarrhea of the mouth explosive, i.e. you can't keep it in, you just haaaave to post something RIGHT AWAY?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
And furthermore, if you dumb

And furthermore, if you dumb asses ever walked onto a gun range you might notice that it isn't rare to see women there. 30% of people applying for concealed carry permits are women and CCW classes for women fill up as fast as they can schedule them. 18-30 year old females is the fastest increasing demographic of gun owners. Historically, gun related sports were male dominated, but that was because women were expected to be barefoot and pregnant at home and do "woman things" like knit, cook and clean house.

It is the 21st century and many women are getting involved in shooting sports, hunting and gun collecting. You sexist fucks need to get out of the 1950's. Testosterone is as much a requirement for gun sports as it is for any other sport, all of which have a history of being male dominated.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
LOL Beyond saying we need to

LOL Beyond saying we need to get out of the 1950s is like a Roman senator telling the masses to stop thinking of the universe in a geocentric manner.

Go piss on a power line, dick head.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
well, i'll say this much, if

well, i'll say this much, if men like my father weren't able to go out and "slaughter" deer for "sport" (although actually they eat them), all the goddamn vegetarians in eastern kentucky would starve too because there wouldn't be a single vegetable left growing anywhere. deer are worse pests than mice or rats ever thought about being. so let the hunters keep their .22-.270s and .30-06s if you don't want your ecosystem seriously fucked up.

i say this as someone who doesn't take part in the sport at all. and i've actually seen deer become a serious problem in spite of widespread hunting. that's when they start "slaughtering them for sport," and in that situation i'm all for it.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:..... is

Sage_Override wrote:

..... is like a Roman senator telling the masses to stop thinking of the universe in a geocentric manner.

So your Roman senator is attempting to dispel a myth ?  Your metaphor serves Beyond's argument, not yours.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:...is like a Roman

Quote:
...is like a Roman senator telling the masses to continue thinking of the universe in a geocentric manner.

Damnit...

Fixed here, but I can't edit the original.