More Budget Insanity

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
More Budget Insanity

The idiots in the media are hailing the "Bipartisan Budget Act of 2013" as a great compromise and a "small step" that demonstrates republicans and democrats can work together. The only thing "bi" about the act is that Americans get to get screwed by both sides. Bend over, grab your ankles and hope for some spit. This brilliant "compromise" reduces spending $78 billion.... OVER TEN FUCKING YEARS.

And guess what? Virtually all of those cuts occur about 9 years from now. Anyone care to place a bet on whether Congress 9 years from now is going to follow the plan of Congress today? Congress has absolutely no authority to plan the budget 9 years from now. It will be a different Congress, with different people and they will have the authority to pass whatever budget they damn well please. The only thing today's Congress can do is pass a budget for next year. So how much does this great compromise cut next year? $3 billion. Out of a $3.5 TRILLION budget, they managed to cut 0.08%. Wow, that must have been really tough. Why how are they going to scrape by with 0.08% less? Government workers are going to be starving in the streets. (In reality, it isn't even a cut in absolute dollars. The government is still going to spend about $50 billion more than they did this year.)

Our country is going broke, and around the world people are taking notice and distancing themselves from the dollar. Our position of the leading global economic power isn't going to last forever, and when we lose it, it is going to become significantly more difficult to continue borrowing money at the rates we are now. Every single one of these jokers ought to be thrown out on their asses. If you vote for any incumbent you are a fucking idiot.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/Bipartisan%20Budget%20Act%20of%202013.pdf

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Are you talking about this ?

Are you referring to all of this right here ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25360568

US House passes two-year cross-party budget deal

The US House of Representatives has approved a two-year federal budget bill in a strong showing of cross-party support, further avoiding the spectre of another government shutdown.

The measure, written by the Republican and Democratic heads of the House and Senate budget committees respectively, was approved by a 332-94 vote.

The budget proposal next goes to the Democrat-led Senate for approval.

US President Barack Obama has already publicly endorsed the bill.

The deal, reached on Tuesday and aiming to reduce the federal deficit by up to $23bn (£14bn), was met with overwhelming cross-party approval in the Republican-led House despite initial attacks from conservative activists.

'Positive step forward'

Republican House Speaker John Boehner previously called the deal a "positive step forward".

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: LOL. I have

iwbiek wrote:

LOL. I have seen memes like this in a Facebook page I belong to called : For Mother Russia. There are several also with photographs and captions that show exchanges with Putin and Obama. Which Obama is always made to look like the moron.

There are also several on that page that are Hitler/Stalin exchanges

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno