HURRY HURRY HURRY GET THE LATEST BEST TOP NOTCH ......CRAP!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15764
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
HURRY HURRY HURRY GET THE LATEST BEST TOP NOTCH ......CRAP!

Play Station vs X-Box and all I can say is SO THE FUCK WHAT! Overpriced crap that in a couple of years will be in the bargain bin.


You don't need a Lamborghini, you want one. You don't need a mansion, you want one. You don't need a Play Station or X-Box, you want one.

 

Marketing works off of playing off your selfishness and or fears and all of it is the same, from the cheap crap we buy to the overpriced narcissistic crap rich people buy.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
You don't need a computer.

You don't need a computer.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15764
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:You

Beyond Saving wrote:

You don't need a computer.

As I was typing it I knew your Ayn Rand ass would jump. Sooooo predictable.

 

If you want to be anal about it our species survived eons without cars too.

 

I am saying our economy is focused too much on marketing quick self satisfaction rather than pragmatic problem solving.

 

When I was a kid I would have thought like you. When all the other boys on my block had BMX bikes with mag rims, my  mom bought me a Ross with spokes. Please tell me how a Rolls Royce defies the laws of physics and can automatically defy speed limits or parking laws, vs a Toyota Tercel? If a Rolls doesn't get a ticket breaking the same laws as the Toyota then the issue is class, not the actual material item the person owns, but the fucked up attitude of those who think they own everything.

 

Does it bother you that I have a computer that runs on XP and not an Ipad or Apple? Guess what? Until it craps out I will use it to show you what a moron you are.

 

You don't need a computer either, you just hate that I am competing with you.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:You

Beyond Saving wrote:

You don't need a computer.

LOL. I had a funny feeling that one was forthcoming.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
you also don't need limbs,

you also don't need limbs (amputation), control over your bodily functions in your torso (tetriplegia) OR a working brain (pvs coma.) They just help your quality of life with modern medicine being what it is today.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:As I was

Brian37 wrote:

As I was typing it I knew your Ayn Rand ass would jump. Sooooo predictable.

Maybe because you noticed I have been online most of the day and you know I won't let dumb ass comments go unchallenged? Good job Watson.

 

Brian37 wrote:

If you want to be anal about it our species survived eons without cars too.

 

True, and if I am not mistaken you own a van (not a very liberal choice of vehicles).

 

Brian37 wrote:

I am saying our economy is focused too much on marketing quick self satisfaction rather than pragmatic problem solving.

Our pragmatic problems were solved by our economy a long time ago. Hence why even the poor are more concerned about purchasing things they want rather than things they need. Few in the US will ever face real starvation and that is something worth celebrating. Obesity was once a problem of the uber wealthy, now it is a problem higher among the poor.

 

 

Brian37 wrote:

When I was a kid I would have thought like you. When all the other boys on my block had BMX bikes with mag rims, my  mom bought me a Ross with spokes. Please tell me how a Rolls Royce defies the laws of physics and can automatically defy speed limits or parking laws, vs a Toyota Tercel? If a Rolls doesn't get a ticket breaking the same laws as the Toyota then the issue is class, not the actual material item the person owns, but the fucked up attitude of those who think they own everything.

Who the fuck expects a Rolls Royce to break the laws of physics? That isn't why you buy one. Now a Buggati, Aston Martin or Saleen will make you feel like you broke the laws of physics, but you didn't (although you did break more than a few traffic laws- fortunately, traffic laws fall into a group where enough money keeps you out of jail and if you can afford the car you can afford the lawyer)

 

 

Brian37 wrote:

Does it bother you that I have a computer that runs on XP and not an Ipad or Apple? Guess what? Until it craps out I will use it to show you what a moron you are.

 

Not in the slightest. I could not care less what you spend your money on. Making your purchase decisions based on what I think seems ridiculous.

 

 

Brian37 wrote:

You don't need a computer either, you just hate that I am competing with you. 

If your computer runs XP we aren't competing. You are not even increasing demand by 0.000001% for the products I purchased.. Regardless, I am not criticizing people for purchasing what they don't need. I celebrate it. I didn't need the two beers and half dozen wings I had at happy hour. I didn't need to leave the cute bartender a $10 tip, especially since I am traveling and will never see her again. I didn't need to purchase tickets to the musical I am going to tonight, but I am hoping it gets me laid. Hell, I could have spent the whole day at home and not spend a dime. But what is the point of making money if you don't spend it? And who the fuck are you to get all high and mighty on those who choose to spend their money on gaming systems?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4198
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
fuck, brian, why the fuck do

fuck, brian, why the fuck do you care what people want to buy?  christ.  the last gaming platform system i ever owned was a PS2, about 10 years ago, and i guarantee you i'll never buy another one.  not even for my kids.  i'll just tell them "no," like my mother told me countless times.

but i don't care if somebody else wants to buy a PS4 or and x-box 1.  why the fuck should i care?  goddamn, you're an asshole.  i miss the days when your voice was comparatively subdued on this site, before you elected yourself the spokesperson on every fucking issue that ever happens anywhere.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15764
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Quote:True, and if I am not

Quote:
True, and if I am not mistaken you own a van (not a very liberal choice of vehicles).

A handicap van, not because it is fuel efficient but because my mom needs the ramp for her scooter to go shopping and to her doctor's appointments. DUMBASS!

There was a time when I envied the Mr T van, but no. My ideal vehicle would be NONE. If I lived where I could walk to work or take the bus, I would not own a vehicle.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Quote:True,

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
True, and if I am not mistaken you own a van (not a very liberal choice of vehicles).

A handicap van, not because it is fuel efficient but because my mom needs the ramp for her scooter to go shopping and to her doctor's appointments. DUMBASS!

There was a time when I envied the Mr T van, but no. My ideal vehicle would be NONE. If I lived where I could walk to work or take the bus, I would not own a vehicle.

Then move you and your mom somewhere you could walk everywhere. You don't have to live or work where you are, you want to.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15764
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:
True, and if I am not mistaken you own a van (not a very liberal choice of vehicles).

A handicap van, not because it is fuel efficient but because my mom needs the ramp for her scooter to go shopping and to her doctor's appointments. DUMBASS!

There was a time when I envied the Mr T van, but no. My ideal vehicle would be NONE. If I lived where I could walk to work or take the bus, I would not own a vehicle.

Then move you and your mom somewhere you could walk everywhere. You don't have to live or work where you are, you want to.

You are such a delusional fuck!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brainless twat waffle. The

Brainless twat waffle. The new consoles are not overpriced. They are UNDER priced. Always have been, always will be.
And it just so happens that the gaming industry is a major component of the global economy. If you don't want one, fine. Sit down and shut the fuck up. Because hundreds of millions of people pay their bills and put food on the table because of Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo and all the other thousands of companies in the gaming industry.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brainless twat

Vastet wrote:
Brainless twat waffle. The new consoles are not overpriced. They are UNDER priced. Always have been, always will be. And it just so happens that the gaming industry is a major component of the global economy. If you don't want one, fine. Sit down and shut the fuck up. Because hundreds of millions of people pay their bills and put food on the table because of Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo and all the other thousands of companies in the gaming industry.

When you consider that the new gaming systems can do almost everything a pc can do with vastly superior graphics, I would have to agree they are under priced. The games themselves strike me as pretty expensive when they are new, but I waste as much or more going out for one night.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Always have

Vastet wrote:
Always have been, always will be. And it just so happens that the gaming industry is a major component of the global economy.  Because hundreds of millions of people pay their bills and put food on the table because of Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo and all the other thousands of companies in the gaming industry.

You have got a really valid point there.

My oldest niece, who is attending college for graphic arts and web design, has a boyfriend who is also attending for game design.

The guy is one of those serious gamers whose technical terminology is way over my head.

Guy has textbooks that are as thick as War and Peace, as well as spending all of his time with Photoshop, Illustrator, and several other types of software, tirelessly working on storyboards, animations, and flowcharts for some out of this world stuff that he hopes to bring to kids.

His idea : "I think about the next level of stuff and how much fun I would have got out of this as a kid. I want to be able to do something that will be along those lines"

Hell. More technology to me, means more jobs. Think about how many information architects, web designers, animation artists and all sorts of fields are involved with the undertaking of all of these projects. While I have no interest in games, I say bring them on. Perhaps the only reason I am not addicted to them is because the few times I have tried to play them they made me feel rather inept Smiling

Although I will say that I got heavily into Eve and its advanced technology at one point.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15764
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brainless twat

Vastet wrote:
Brainless twat waffle. The new consoles are not overpriced. They are UNDER priced. Always have been, always will be. And it just so happens that the gaming industry is a major component of the global economy. If you don't want one, fine. Sit down and shut the fuck up. Because hundreds of millions of people pay their bills and put food on the table because of Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo and all the other thousands of companies in the gaming industry.

 

Under priced? Are you kidding, they aren't selling food or even toilet paper. Here is where I pity the future of humanity, when the shit hits the fan, and it will, not in any religious sense, but in our biological reality. Far too many people like they are now are focused on "pretty things" that promote their egos rather than an economy that works toward a common good.

 

Your likes and dislikes work for you in the short term, but our species was around long before ABBA or X boxes or political parties.

 

As a kid I wanted the most expensive and most popular bike the BMX with mag rims. My mom for Christmas bought me a ROSS with spokes. All the other guys on the street had the BMX crap. I got teased for it, but now I understand. Are we to be a species that strives to look good, or do good?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Under priced?

Brian37 wrote:
Under priced? Are you kidding

Nope, you're simply an un-educated dumb ass who has opinions on things he knows nothing about. In the history of videogame consoles dating all the way back to the NES, every single console sold was sold at a loss to the company. They literally give you a system for LESS than it cost to build it. Fucking moron.

Brian37 wrote:
hey aren't selling food or even toilet paper.

We need computers and sports and space travel as much as we need videogames. But somehow you aren't in a forest refusing to participate in any of that. You're a dumb shit hypocrite. Go fuck yourself asshole. I'm truly beginning to despise you for the scum sucking ignorant little bitch that you are. You know absolutely fucking nothing about ANYTHING. Beyond has more working knowledge of how things work in his pinky fingernail than you ever have or ever will know. He's wrong about a few things, but he's more right than you'll EVER be.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:You're a dumb

Vastet wrote:
You're a dumb shit hypocrite. Go fuck yourself asshole. I'm truly beginning to despise you for the scum sucking ignorant little bitch that you are. You know absolutely fucking nothing about ANYTHING.
 

                                              Agreed.

 

vastet wrote:
Beyond has more working knowledge of how things work in his pinky fingernail than you ever have or ever will know. He's wrong about a few things, but he's more right than you'll EVER be.

 

                                             Agreed.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4198
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: As a kid I

Brian37 wrote:

 

As a kid I wanted the most expensive and most popular bike the BMX with mag rims. My mom for Christmas bought me a ROSS with spokes. All the other guys on the street had the BMX crap.

 

 

nobody gives a flying fuck what happened to you as a kid, yet you still keep subjecting us to the same fucking anecdotes.  i've read this fucking BMX spiel at least 5 times since i joined this site.  it didn't prove your point then and it doesn't now.

 

Brian37 wrote:

Are we to be a species that strives to look good, or do good?

oh fucking hell, you and your fucking crypto-teleological bullshit.  our species "isn't" to be or do anything.  species don't have fucking purposes.  we spring up and we die out.  but i suppose if we all followed Brian37's master plan for society, we'd all be so much happier...

 

i second vastet's sentiments...

 

 

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Your likes and

Brian37 wrote:

Your likes and dislikes work for you in the short term, but our species was around long before ABBA or X boxes or political parties.

Our species was also around long before toilet paper. You are right Brian, everything modern should be banned. Humans also were around long before restaurants, which are the most overpriced way to purchase food.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X