Hallmark goes PC and gets my WTF award. OP/ED

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hallmark goes PC and gets my WTF award. OP/ED

Once again, I love my well intended friends on the left, but some things just are too fucking stupid for me to consider sane.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/28/hallmark-holiday-sweater-ornament-_n_4170663.html?utm_hp_ref=business&ir=Business

On a holiday season miniature sweater tree decoration,  they have change the lyrics of the song "don we now our gay apparel" to "don we now our fun apparel"

No Hallmark, this is bullshit. "Gay" in it's original meaning is French meaning "happy" and in the context of the song it has NOTHING to do with sexuality. By doing this YOU are making it the issue, not gays.

If as an atheist I use this fucked up logic, I would have to stop calling myself an atheist because others see the word as evil.

People need to understand the meaning of CONTEXT. You do not help minorities by doing this.

Being sensitive to others is one thing, letting your brains fall out is another.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog