Atheists : comic book action heroes

Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheists : comic book action heroes

http://comicsalliance.com/justin-aclin-s-h-o-o-t-first-comic-interview/

Secular Humanist Occult Obliteration Taskforce. "Angels Vs Atheists". Seems kinda self-contradicting, but at least we get to be the heroes.

And they have "atheism guns". Holy crap.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
How can you have an atheist

How can you have an atheist super hero, we admit we don't have super powers?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:How can you

Brian37 wrote:

Well, it's a comic book allegory. Those are never very subtle, and even though it misses the point, I think there's something to be said for shooting an angel in the face with "a gun powered by atheism". 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris wrote:Brian37

Antipatris wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Well, it's a comic book allegory. Those are never very subtle, and even though it misses the point, I think there's something to be said for shooting an angel in the face with "a gun powered by atheism". 

This is actually metaphor for what I argue with PC believers and atheists.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
If any of you read the

If any of you read the graphic novel Watchmen, you'd notice that The Comedian is an atheist even though he doesn't admit it.  He doesn't have super powers, but what he lacks in powers he makes up for with insanity, pessimism and ignoring everyone's views but his.

Hmm....sounds lot like Brian37....when did they make a comic persona out of him?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:If any

Sage_Override wrote:

If any of you read the graphic novel Watchmen, you'd notice that The Comedian is an atheist even though he doesn't admit it.  He doesn't have super powers, but what he lacks in powers he makes up for with insanity, pessimism and ignoring everyone's views but his.

Hmm....sounds lot like Brian37....when did they make a comic persona out of him?

You sound exactly like a theist when you tell them "How many times do you have to read a comic book before you realize it is a comic book".

Name me any religion that is required to put your penis in a vagina to make a baby. None of them are required to make a baby, no matter how much the person may feel the need to have their religion. Evolution is why we are here, religion is a placebo, it may create the grouping that allows for reproduction, but it is a gap answer and far to often is used for tribal political purposes which can lead to very cruel actions in defense of superstition.

"The New Atheism" by Victor Stinger not only addresses god claims, but overlap even in the more "atheistic" religions of the orient.

Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:If any

Sage_Override wrote:

The Comedian was also into guns and stuff. I remember him throwing a grenade into a mob of unarmed protesters and going :"..one-potato..two-potato.."

Sounds more like Beyond.

Anyhoo, since the only well-known comic-book character to come out as an atheist so far is Lex Luthor, I'm thinking this new thing might be slightly better PR. 

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You sound

Brian37 wrote:

You sound exactly like a theist when you tell them "How many times do you have to read a comic book before you realize it is a comic book".

Name me any religion that is required to put your penis in a vagina to make a baby. None of them are required to make a baby, no matter how much the person may feel the need to have their religion. Evolution is why we are here, religion is a placebo, it may create the grouping that allows for reproduction, but it is a gap answer and far to often is used for tribal political purposes which can lead to very cruel actions in defense of superstition.

"The New Atheism" by Victor Stinger not only addresses god claims, but overlap even in the more "atheistic" religions of the orient.

WOW....you're an IDIOT.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:Brian37

Sage_Override wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

WOW....you're an IDIOT.

How, have you read Victor Stinger's book, or The God Delusion, or The End of Faith or God Is Not Great? Or better yet, are you in total denial of religious violence in human history?

Don't sit there and tell me people never kill in the name of their religion, if you do then you are the one who is the idiot.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:How, have you

Brian37 wrote:

How, have you read Victor Stinger's book, or The God Delusion, or The End of Faith or God Is Not Great? Or better yet, are you in total denial of religious violence in human history?

Don't sit there and tell me people never kill in the name of their religion, if you do then you are the one who is the idiot.

Honey, I'm going to get you a pass for the short bus.  I'll pin your name on your chest so that you don't have to open your mouth to the instructor to say your name because I'm afraid if you DO open your mouth, you'll say something completely unrelated, off-topic and non-sensical making you seem more "special" than you are.  I'll also send you with a nice Lunchables so you don't get cranky at snack time, ok?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override wrote:Brian37

Sage_Override wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Honey, I'm going to get you a pass for the short bus.  I'll pin your name on your chest so that you don't have to open your mouth to the instructor to say your name because I'm afraid if you DO open your mouth, you'll say something completely unrelated, off-topic and non-sensical making you seem more "special" than you are.  I'll also send you with a nice Lunchables so you don't get cranky at snack time, ok?

Oh crap, you hurt my feelings. *Cough*

So you are saying no one has ever killed in the name of religion? No one has ever oppressed other minorities in the name of religion? Religion has always produced chocolate flavored farts and puppies?

I'd take a seat on that "short bus" but seems your ego is so fat it's taken up every seat.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:So you are

Brian37 wrote:

So you are saying no one has ever killed in the name of religion? No one has ever oppressed other minorities in the name of religion? Religion has always produced chocolate flavored farts and puppies?

I'd take a seat on that "short bus" but seems your ego is so fat it's taken up every seat.

Don't you worry, dear, I'll get you the best special education money can buy.  Maybe Forrest Gump can mentor you!  I assure you, my ego won't take up every seat, especially not the wide back seat because you'll need all that room to sit down your crash helmet, water wings and My Little Pony backpack.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:How can you

Brian37 wrote:

Speak for yourself. Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.