Problems commenting [USE FIREFOX]

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Problems commenting [USE FIREFOX]

Several people have been having problems commenting when they reply. I have had the same problem with the screen loading up and the area I type never coming. I think it has something to do with the recent update to Chrome. For those still having problems, Firefox seems to be working fine.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
first try on fire fox

I'm giving firefox a try to see if this works.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
2nd try on quote function

Jeffrick wrote:

I'm giving firefox a try to see if this works.

It does seem to be working ,  thanks beyond saving

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
It seems to be working from

It seems to be working from Firefox. Thanks Beyond.

It would not even let me send out messages to contact any admins on here when it first started happening and I did not have any idea what was going on.

But, I recently have begun using Chrome all of the time and happen to like it better. I have been stuck in Explorer for years and am just tired of the issues.

A lot of people have been telling me to upgrade to Windows 7, but I am stubborn and happy with my Vista.

Oh well, I am still alive and kicking.

I had thought that maybe Yahweh had struck my computer with a lightening bolt from the sky and had left me for the next 40 days and 40 nights to wonder through the electronic wasteland in search of a way to post on here again.

But nope, like always, there turned out to be a rational and reasonable explanation behind the entire thing.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yah

me too. Firefox works, obviously, but think I preferred the Chrome I've been using exclusively for a few years. Wonder what happened.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote: me

Atheistextremist wrote:

me too. Firefox works, obviously, but think I preferred the Chrome I've been using exclusively for a few years. Wonder what happened.

Hopefully, they will get the problem sorted out and I'll be able to use Chrome on this site again. I have grown rather fond of Chrome.

Speaking of which AE and this is way off of topic, but I have been watching a television drama on Hulu that is called : City Homicide.

Its set in Australia.

It is safe to say that I am hooked on it and am only in the first season. (I have 80 some more episodes to catch up with in my spare time). Have you ever heard of it ?

It seems that International  television (From the French Series like Spiral and Braquo to this one) have gotten American television beat in a lot of ways. Just an observation mind you Smiling

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Never

heard of it but my TV antenna jack is not plugged into the wall so it's not a surprise.

Am watching Black Books at the moment, and English comedy. As well as The Green Wing and for any zany folks out there I recommend the latter.

It's one of the funniest TV shows I've ever seen.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

heard of it but my TV antenna jack is not plugged into the wall so it's not a surprise.

Am watching Black Books at the moment, and English comedy. As well as The Green Wing and for any zany folks out there I recommend the latter.

Interesting.

City Homicide was on for about four years, according to Wiki. It is set in Melbourne and revolves around 3 detectives and their superiors.

If I had anything to say about it, I would say that unlike most US cop dramas, City Homicide is an actual ensemble show without a true "top billed" personality and a more realistic focus on the case, investigation, and legwork instead of the type of action real cops would call a SWAT team in for. Also, the plots suffer little in the way of "creep" towards outrageous plots like half of the shows that we have over here, which is one reason I barely watch our own programs.

That is another theme that I have noticed with the French series like Braquo and Spiral that I have been picking up on the net.

The characters do not look like they are posing for the camera, they are inherently flawed and these are flaws that are dealt with throughout (unlike a lot of shows over here, where someone's mental health issue or soap opera drama is resolved within two episodes.)

ANYWAY.

― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Several

Beyond Saving wrote:

Several people have been having problems commenting when they reply. I have had the same problem with the screen loading up and the area I type never coming. I think it has something to do with the recent update to Chrome. For those still having problems, Firefox seems to be working fine.

Yes you do have a problem commenting, your comments make no sense. HA, sorry, couldn't resist. (Note to self, I know I will pay for that)

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Watching The Green Wing now. I like it. It reminds me of Children's Hospital with Rob Corddry. I really like that show. You can watch them on video.adultswim.com/childrens-hospital

I wonder if Rob got his inspiration from The Green Wing.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Thanks guys for jumping to

Thanks guys for jumping to Firefox to stick around.  I agree that the source of the error is probably a recent chrome update.

We are also continually working on upgrading this site and going to a faster server that we all paid for... forever ago.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No Subject) --

(No Subject)  --