Wendy Davis Runs for Gov of TEXAS!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wendy Davis Runs for Gov of TEXAS!

Today, famous filibuster heroine, who was doing a REAL filibuster, to fight the religious right wing oppression of women's rights, unlike Tim Cruz who wasted taxpayer money on a money raising scheme pretending to conduct a filibuster.

Wendy Davis is running for governor of Texas! GO WENDY GO!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline

Yay "Windy"   ...free abortions for everyone !

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Yay "Windy"   ...free abortions for everyone !

Really? I am surprised at you. You cannot be implying what I think that means. Please correct me if I am wrong.

No pro choice person I know is thinking or claims "Girls/women, go out and fuck just so you can have an abortion and throw a party over it".

Whose body is it? Yours, no. Are you willing to raise the kid? No? So please don't, if this implies what I think it does, decide for others what they can or cannot do with a body you don't have.

Abortions as part of women's health programs are the MINORITY of actions that providers do. Planned Parenthood spends most of its money on uterus and vaginal disease and cancer prevention, breast cancer prevention, and education of those things so girls/women can make better decisions.

Pro life should be called, pro birth, because pro lifers don't give one fuck about the quality of life of the baby or the woman after the child is born.

So if I am misunderstanding your quip please correct me.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Today, famous

Brian37 wrote:

Today, famous filibuster heroine, who was doing a REAL filibuster, to fight the religious right wing oppression of women's rights, unlike Tim Cruz who wasted taxpayer money on a money raising scheme pretending to conduct a filibuster.

You mean the law that passed and hasn't had the terrible effects that were predicted? 

As it turns out a grand total of 6 abortion clinics are closing because they can't meet the standards of the new law.  

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_24024701/4-texas-abortion-clinics-prepare-close-due-new

Already, one group, Texas Women's Reproductive Health Initiative, Inc. has started working on opening 3 new clinics that meet the standards. The vast majority of abortion clinics are going to be able to get themselves up to standards by the September 2014 deadline. The net result is that abortion clinics have to shell out money to meet the regulatory standards and there will be no real difference in the number of abortion clinics. 

You are the one always telling me to suck it up when I point out stupid regulations that cost businesses money. Why is abortion different? Isn't it important to make sure that a woman getting an abortion is getting high standards of care? Do you support ANARCHY in abortions? 

Indeed, it wasn't long ago when you laughed at me for pointing out the ridiculous and impossible ADA regulations forcing pools to install a permanent fixed lift even if mobile ones are available. Many hotels are now being sued by the regulations and will probably be forced to close their pools to everyone. 

http://www.poolspanews.com/ada-compliance/lawsuits-cite-ada-breaches.aspx 

In that case I was an ignorant fuckwit who doesn't have a heart and doesn't care about disabled people and those evil hotel companies have plenty of money to install lifts that cost tens of thousands of dollars to serve all 2 of the disabled people who visit their pool for a couple days a year. 

What's the difference? Are you an ignorant fuckwit who doesn't have a heart and doesn't care about the health of women getting abortions? Those evil big abortion clinics have plenty of money to upgrade their facilities and provide real doctors who have the skills to limit the risks to the health of the mother during an abortion. Isn't the whole point of legalizing abortion to prevent "back alley" abortions by regulating it and having high standards?

Don't get me wrong. I oppose the law, I don't think the government should regulate anything including major surgery. I just find your position inconsistent. Regulation is great when it is regulating anything you don't care about and I am a "whiner" that you promptly demand I stop whining whenever I point out a specific stupid regulation followed by your cut and pasted rant about how we need speed limits. But if it is regulating one of your pet issues, it is the root of all evil. How do you deal with that cognitive dissonance?  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:No pro choice

Brian37 wrote:

No pro choice person I know is thinking or claims "Girls/women, go out and fuck just so you can have an abortion and throw a party over it".

Over 54,000,000 abortions since since Roe v Wade since the S.C. ruling in 1973.  Kind of excessive don't ya think ?   Jesus Christ this isn't the pioneer days anymore, you know.    Birth control devices for both men and women can be found at virtually every drugstore and supermarket in America as well as surgical options that accomplish the same thing.  See it is possible to have sex...lots of it...and not get pregnant.   How fucking hard ( no pun intended ) is it to make use of these methods ? 

What's easier, take a birth control pill, use an IUD etc,     ....or have an abortion ?   

Brian37 wrote:
Whose body is it? Yours, no. Are you willing to raise the kid? No? So please don't, if this implies what I think it does, decide for others what they can or cannot do with a body you don't have.

I know whose bodies we are discussing, I just hate dumb fuck breeders who are apparently too lazy to take grown up responsibility of their humping so they end up using abortion as a mean of birth control.    Kind of like a dumb fuck gun owner who is too damn lazy to observe safety rules and end up having an accidental discharge ( irony ? )  and then has to deal with the embarrassing, and possibly deadly, aftermath. 

It's all easily preventable and none of it requires a genius to avoid.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Over 54,000,000 abortions since since Roe v Wade since the S.C. ruling in 1973.  Kind of excessive don't ya think ?   Jesus Christ this isn't the pioneer days anymore, you know.    Birth control devices for both men and women can be found at virtually every drugstore and supermarket in America as well as surgical options that accomplish the same thing.  See it is possible to have sex...lots of it...and not get pregnant.   How fucking hard ( no pun intended ) is it to make use of these methods ? 

What's easier, take a birth control pill, use an IUD etc,     ....or have an abortion ?   

Brian37 wrote:

I know whose bodies we are discussing, I just hate dumb fuck breeders who are apparently too lazy to take grown up responsibility of their humping so they end up using abortion as a mean of birth control.    Kind of like a dumb fuck gun owner who is too damn lazy to observe safety rules and end up having an accidental discharge ( irony ? )  and then has to deal with the embarrassing, and possibly deadly, aftermath. 

It's all easily preventable and none of it requires a genius to avoid.

And none of your nose belongs in a life you won't help either way.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: And none of

Brian37 wrote:

How many children have you fostered and or adopted so far ? 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

How many children have you fostered and or adopted so far ? 

What the fuck? The point I don't take that burden is PRECISELY  because I am not capable of doing that, which is why I don't insist women give birth to babies I know damned well I cannot support.

You cant and wont either so shut the fuck up!

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:What the fuck?

Brian37 wrote:

What the fuck? The point I don't take that burden is PRECISELY  because I am not capable of doing that, which is why I don't insist women give birth to babies I know damned well I cannot support.

You cant and wont either so shut the fuck up!

Dude, you're spiraling out of control.  You don't own any guns do you ?  www.cnn.com/2012/08/15/us/dc-shooting/index.html

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Today, famous

Brian37 wrote:

....Cruz who wasted taxpayer money on a money raising scheme pretending to conduct a filibuster.

Funny you should mention politicians and money raising "schemes".

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/Wendy-Davis-expects-to-raise-40-million-discusses-campaign-226531481.html

Brian37 wrote:
  Today, famous filibuster heroine, who was doing a REAL filibuster™...

Now she's trying to avoid mentioning her "abortion" filibuster:

from the above article..."But one issue Davis fought hard on during summer, she now sidesteps.     She didn't use the word 'abortion' during her campaign announcement Thursday in Haltom City, nor would she say it during the Friday interview in an apparent move to try and move away from her famous filibuster."

Also...   "Already, as she enters her first statewide race, Davis sounds as coached as every other politician.  She didn't mention Abbott and rarely revealed specific answers to questions--even when pressed about whether she can win without attracting educated women from the GOP."

Brian37 wrote:

GO WENDY GO !  ...( straight to hell, that is, lol )

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

....Cruz who wasted taxpayer money on a money raising scheme pretending to conduct a filibuster.

Funny you should mention politicians and money raising "schemes".

http://www.wfaa.com/news/politics/Wendy-Davis-expects-to-raise-40-million-discusses-campaign-226531481.html

Brian37 wrote:
  Today, famous filibuster heroine, who was doing a REAL filibuster™...

Now she's trying to avoid mentioning her "abortion" filibuster:

from the above article..."But one issue Davis fought hard on during summer, she now sidesteps.     She didn't use the word 'abortion' during her campaign announcement Thursday in Haltom City, nor would she say it during the Friday interview in an apparent move to try and move away from her famous filibuster."

Also...   "Already, as she enters her first statewide race, Davis sounds as coached as every other politician.  She didn't mention Abbott and rarely revealed specific answers to questions--even when pressed about whether she can win without attracting educated women from the GOP."

Brian37 wrote:

GO WENDY GO !  ...( straight to hell, that is, lol )

In her mostly uneducated backwoods theocracy of a state, DUH, "abortion" is a toxic word. That does not make the majority she is up against right.

This is the same state that is trying to dumb down science textbooks, and hails itself as the leader of school textbooks nation wide, and recoils at the mention in history class of Jefferson's objections to pulpit politics.

I am glad she is there, Texas needs a huge fucking dose of reason.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:In her mostly

Brian37 wrote:

In her mostly uneducated backwoods theocracy of a state, DUH, "abortion" is a toxic word.

So what if abortion is a toxic word ?  Doesn't your "famous filibuster heroine" have the courage of her convictions or does she only embrace that issue when it benefits her ?  She's no fucking "heroine" just another slick politician playing the game.  No courage required.

Brian37 wrote:
That does not make the majority she is up against right.

There's always two sides of an issue, who is "right" depends on which side you're on.   Personally, I'm not advocating for outlawing abortion but in a civilized, technically advanced country such as ours birth control could easily be implemented before conception not after.  It's not fucking rocket science.

Brian37 wrote:
This is the same state that is trying to dumb down science textbooks, and hails itself as the leader of school textbooks nation wide, and recoils at the mention in history class of Jefferson's objections to pulpit politics.

So you don't see me defending the I.D. imbeciles or their attempts to sneak creationism into text books.   I'm conservative but I'm still an atheist.

Brian37 wrote:
I am glad she is there, Texas needs a huge fucking dose of reason.

Fuck progressives wherever they're found.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
 She's milf-tastic.You're

She's milf-tastic.

You're all correct. However, her political worth shouldn't be discounted simply over this one pink shoe filibuster that kept the availability of abortions in Texas. She doesn't appear as one dimensional as that.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Wendy Davis

Brian37 wrote:

Incidentally Brian, I was in Fort Worth today with my girlfriend sitting out doors at a Star Bucks when your heroine walked by.  She was so close I could have reached out and punched her ...I mean touched her.