Nothing but Jesus

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Nothing but Jesus

Ok lets start here.....In 2005 I was stationed out in Hawaii, and going to pick up my 'then' girlfriend, i side-swiped a bus and drove away. I lied to my command about it, and everything got found out. I faced non-judicial punishment (losing rank and pay), as well as a felony conviction on the civilian side. The night after I got back from the police station, I got on my knees and cried out to God, committing myself to him. This girl I had been dating had pulled me away from the church, and I ran back. After that there was no NJP, just 5 written counselings, and on the civilian side i just had to pay court costs. ONLY JESUS.

In 2006, the morning after watch, i ran into some friends that wanted to go to the beach. We ended up at this really high cliff and the dude jumped, then we went to a lower one (like 10 ft) and I jumped. I had no swimming gear. I couldn't beat the current and I got scared. I called out to God and prayed for my life.  I got to the side of the cliff, got swept into it by a wave, and got knocked out. By God's grace there were rescue swimmers training around the corner, and they saved me. ONLY JESUS.

Shortly before the swimming accident in 2006, I had been driving some friends to visit another friend in the hospital (she took a face plant riding a moped), and on the way back from the hospital, they are sitting the back seat of my jeep (it was a wrangler), and one of them just happened to whip out a joint. I freak out because i'm in the military with a zero tolerance policy, and my freak out caused me to run a red light infront of a cop. I get pulled over (I forgot to mention I didn't notice till it was lit and I smelled it) and the cop didn't notice and just gave me a ticket for running a red light. ONLY JESUS.

In 2011 I moved out to Chicago to become a drill instructor and met the woman of my dreams. ONLY JESUS.

I was too afraid to tell her about my past, and she accidentally found out about it. We sought Biblical counseling, and are still together. ONLY JESUS

On August 9, 2013 my little baby girl was born, but 8 weeks early. Everybody at the hospital was telling us that she was gonna be there anywhere from 4-6 weeks. Every day that we went in, the NICU nurses told us how amazing she was doing, that he progress was unheard of, and she was out of there in less than 3 weeks. ONLY JESUS.

And that is just the tip of the iceberg for me. Those were the things in my life that immediately came to mind, but there have been too many "close calls" and coincidences that they couldn't be either. ONLY JESUS.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Yeah, I remember UO. I played it because one of my room mates played it.

It was like 1998 or something like that and I lived in this giant 3,000 sqft home with two other computer geeks.

We all worked at the same company and when one of us got hooked on a game, we eventually got the other two to play it also.

I was a thief and (lol) I still have screen shots of that huge event when the giants attacked the main city, do you remember that? I'll need to find the picture and post it here.

There were so many people on the server that you couldn't do any thing, but what a fucking field day I had picking pockets and backstabbing people.

Even though I was in the city and was flagged, the server didn't have enough processing power nor was there enough guards to catch me.

I played it until about six months before it closed down.

As for other games I mainly played Tribes and Quake/Doom. I was part of several guilds who were actually pretty good.

I was one of the first beta testers for Team Fortress and I remember joining them on a 64/64 player game on this giant map which was so huge that we couldn't find the other team; so we ended up just roaming around the map checking things out.

I did a ton of beta testing in my youth. Companies which don't even exist any more, that pumped out some really great games. I used to do all the Sierra games and worked with a lot of the programmers directly.

BTW - I have been writing down all my good ideas for an online game/MMO which would rock the fucking world. I had a friend from one of my old guilds in WoW who is a game designer/PhD in the field. I told her a few of the good ones and she love them; so I'm holding out for a spot on a design team some where in the future.

I remember the city events.  Yeah, the titans, wyverns, ettins and cyclops attacks were brutal, but fun as fuck.  You turned grey from stealing, PKs could walk into town due to limited guards whacking everyone else with a halberd and entire guilds would form raiding parties to control certain sectors.  Order/Chaos was it for me, though.  The random city encounters, attacking without warning and shit kept you on your toes.  Siege Perilous had a different type of system like Order/Chaos for hardcore players.  I was in league with a lot of the PKs on Napa Valley going out ganking miners and guild members stealing their guild house keys and looting their stuff.  Fuck, that game was perfect.  Such a shame Lord British (Richard Garriott) sold his game to fucking EA.  After that, it became trash. 

I beta tested just about every FPS, but I was more interested in the up and coming MMOs at the time looking for the next UO.  Darkfall was the closest thing that was supposed to come out, but it got held back and held back year after year until they just scrapped it.  Me and a buddy have had so many kick ass ideas for an MMO it would blow your mind trying to focus on balance more than anything which is what a lot of MMOs lack.  If you ever get it off the ground, I'd love to be a part of the project, not that you'd consider asking, but still gaming is in my blood and I'm old school so, just throwing my hat in the ring.

Cool. I never tested an MMO but I did a lot of strategy/sports and FPS'ers. I also was a early BBS tester for Oblivion and ran my own board for about seven years. I also was part of the FIDO network and some other forum feeds. I would download the feeds from the central server then other BBS's would call my BBS and download the news/chats/forums/email from me. It was a crazy time. I used to call people all over the world and worked with a lot of people who now are big in the field of games and utilities.

My favorite thing though was getting all the latest games before they were being released. The popularity factor was huge for me at such a young age. Every one that knew me wanted to leech games from me. Even older geeks who normally would scare the shit out of me in school were all friendly to me.

Before HD's came around, every thing was on 3.5 diskettes or 5.25 floppies. To get a game from me usually would cost 20 disks. I had thousands of disks at the time I took down my BBS. I chucked every thing in to the garbage but what I didn't know was how popular I could have been today with all those crappy games.

There are a couple of websites which deal in distribution of those old games which are now "free domain" and they make a nice paycheck charging for them. In fact, there are a few games which you can't find any where now because the game was so shitty that people didn't want it. Remember the story about Atari and that game which was a complete failure? Hmmm what was it? I'll need to look it up.

Anyway, Atari failed at the game so bad that they took all the copies and buried them out in the desert, but several copies got out to the public.

Those copies are worth 10-25 thousand dollars if you have the original box.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:JesusLovesYou

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

and btw the only textual evidence of that claim you will find is through Abraham bc Jesus is yahweh. Yahweh is just a replacement word bc the hebrew scribes thought God was too holy to write down. 

I know that stupid superstition of not writing his "sacred name". Just as stupid if I demanded you not type "Brian" but "Brn".

Jesus is Yahweh? Really, then you got a problem with Jews then because they don't have a split personality god/man. Their messiah has not come yet.  They only think of Jesus as a prophet. Not to mention the hebrews stole the name "Yahweh" from the Canaanite pantheon.

Really if you are going to do this with me please don't forget this NOT my first rodeo.

However, Canaan was the grandson of Noah, who was chosen of God. Noah's decendants all went their own way, giving birth to many nations

ACCORDING TO THE OT, SO THE FUCK WHAT! That is still not the separate POLYTHEISM outside Hebrew depicted BY the Yahweh polytheists believed in.

Hebrews simply adapted the polytheism and managed to outsell the polytheistic version.

Both McDonalds and Burger King sell burgers, but burgers existed long before either came about, and beef existed long before burgers. You cannot be that dense to miss that point, can you?

I don't give a shit if you didn't believe in the Yahweh of the OT and did believe the polytheistic Yahweh, NEITHER were ever real anymore than Thor makes lightening. ALL GODS are human inventions.

this is what you do not understand. Noah's decendants all went their own way creating their own nations, living in their own selfish desires, pushing God away, and creating many "little g" gods that were tailored to their own desires. God has been the only God since the first day of creation. Man left God and went their own way. It has NOTHING to do with future generations re adapting myths of thwir forefathers. God has ALWAYS been God.

+

Again you dense moron, I AM NOT ARGUING AGAINST YOUR OT VIEW!

Coke and Pepsi both make soda, but that does not mean beverages were invented by either!

You are stupidly arguing for the color of the can when liquids existed prior to  your monotheism AND their polytheism.

I don't give one fuck if you claimed the first human was the Incredible Hulk, Batman or Lex Luthor. You don't have a real god to defend. You have a myth, comic book, and nothing more.

You can argue Mickey Mouse loves chocolate while another Mickey Mouse fan argued they liked Sherbert but neither personal ball licking fetish would make Mickey Mouse real.

Your monotheistic myth is just as stupid and false as any polytheistic superstition.

take it easy there guy......it is very simple and easy to see that varying beliefs came from the spread of Noah's decendants after the flood, but that doesn't make God any less real than He is. We aren't talking myths and legends here, we are talking TRUTH. The truth is nothing but the truth. It just IS. God still can and will forgive you of your sin, you just have to trust in Him. Atheism is no better than the god complex the 5% nation has.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Quote:
Sage_Override wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

It was like 1998 or something like that and I lived in this giant 3,000 sqft home with two other computer geeks.

We all worked at the same company and when one of us got hooked on a game, we eventually got the other two to play it also.

I was a thief and (lol) I still have screen shots of that huge event when the giants attacked the main city, do you remember that? I'll need to find the picture and post it here.

There were so many people on the server that you couldn't do any thing, but what a fucking field day I had picking pockets and backstabbing people.

Even though I was in the city and was flagged, the server didn't have enough processing power nor was there enough guards to catch me.

As for other games I mainly played Tribes and Quake/Doom. I was part of several guilds who were actually pretty good.

I was one of the first beta testers for Team Fortress and I remember joining them on a 64/64 player game on this giant map which was so huge that we couldn't find the other team; so we ended up just roaming around the map checking things out.

I did a ton of beta testing in my youth. Companies which don't even exist any more, that pumped out some really great games. I used to do all the Sierra games and worked with a lot of the programmers directly.

BTW - I have been writing down all my good ideas for an online game/MMO which would rock the fucking world. I had a friend from one of my old guilds in WoW who is a game designer/PhD in the field. I told her a few of the good ones and she love them; so I'm holding out for a spot on a design team some where in the future.

I remember the city events.  Yeah, the titans, wyverns, ettins and cyclops attacks were brutal, but fun as fuck.  You turned grey from stealing, PKs could walk into town due to limited guards whacking everyone else with a halberd and entire guilds would form raiding parties to control certain sectors.  Order/Chaos was it for me, though.  The random city encounters, attacking without warning and shit kept you on your toes.  Siege Perilous had a different type of system like Order/Chaos for hardcore players.  I was in league with a lot of the PKs on Napa Valley going out ganking miners and guild members stealing their guild house keys and looting their stuff.  Fuck, that game was perfect.  Such a shame Lord British (Richard Garriott) sold his game to fucking EA.  After that, it became trash. 

I beta tested just about every FPS, but I was more interested in the up and coming MMOs at the time looking for the next UO.  Darkfall was the closest thing that was supposed to come out, but it got held back and held back year after year until they just scrapped it.  Me and a buddy have had so many kick ass ideas for an MMO it would blow your mind trying to focus on balance more than anything which is what a lot of MMOs lack.  If you ever get it off the ground, I'd love to be a part of the project, not that you'd consider asking, but still gaming is in my blood and I'm old school so, just throwing my hat in the ring.

digitalbeachbum wrote:
Cool. I never tested an MMO but I did a lot of strategy/sports and FPS'ers. I also was a early BBS tester for Oblivion and ran my own board for about seven years. I also was part of the FIDO network and some other forum feeds. I would download the feeds from the central server then other BBS's would call my BBS and download the news/chats/forums/email from me. It was a crazy time. I used to call people all over the world and worked with a lot of people who now are big in the field of games and utilities.

My favorite thing though was getting all the latest games before they were being released. The popularity factor was huge for me at such a young age. Every one that knew me wanted to leech games from me. Even older geeks who normally would scare the shit out of me in school were all friendly to me.

Before HD's came around, every thing was on 3.5 diskettes or 5.25 floppies. To get a game from me usually would cost 20 disks. I had thousands of disks at the time I took down my BBS. I chucked every thing in to the garbage but what I didn't know was how popular I could have been today with all those crappy games.

There are a couple of websites which deal in distribution of those old games which are now "free domain" and they make a nice paycheck charging for them. In fact, there are a few games which you can't find any where now because the game was so shitty that people didn't want it. Remember the story about Atari and that game which was a complete failure? Hmmm what was it? I'll need to look it up.

Anyway, Atari failed at the game so bad that they took all the copies and buried them out in the desert, but several copies got out to the public.

Testing MMOs is pretty much just dealing with the latency and not so much the mechanics.  Every single one I tested had major connection issues and trouble staying stable.  Poor planning, expectations of traffic were underestimated, the graphics were alienating people whose rigs weren't powerful enough, etc.  I'm glad those issues with today's MMOs are pretty much squared away, though. 

I pirated and had early release games, but I got them from a friend of mine.  Nowadays, if you want to play the old games, you have to get DOS Box or something and it can be a bitch to use from what I understand unless there is another program out there. 

The game was E.T., I believe.  Itt was so dreadful, they supposedly took every last copy into the desert and buried them.  The ones that had been purchased, well, they couldn't do much about that, but every other copy still in stores were purged.  They created such a buzz around the game because of E.T. that when gamers got it, they were just shocked at how awful it truly was.  Spielberg's name was reportedly on the project, too, which added insult to injury.  This game reviewer called The Angry Video Game Nerd, a charlatan and huge egomaniac now by the way, made a movie this past year revolving around the quest to uncover those buried copies.  Disregarding who he his, his attitude and mediocrity, I would be interested to see if he actually did find them.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:
Sage_Override wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Testing MMOs is pretty much just dealing with the latency and not so much the mechanics.  Every single one I tested had major connection issues and trouble staying stable.  Poor planning, expectations of traffic were underestimated, the graphics were alienating people whose rigs weren't powerful enough, etc.  I'm glad those issues with today's MMOs are pretty much squared away, though. 

I pirated and had early release games, but I got them from a friend of mine.  Nowadays, if you want to play the old games, you have to get DOS Box or something and it can be a bitch to use from what I understand unless there is another program out there. 

The game was E.T., I believe.  Itt was so dreadful, they supposedly took every last copy into the desert and buried them.  The ones that had been purchased, well, they couldn't do much about that, but every other copy still in stores were purged.  They created such a buzz around the game because of E.T. that when gamers got it, they were just shocked at how awful it truly was.  Spielberg's name was reportedly on the project, too, which added insult to injury.  This game reviewer called The Angry Video Game Nerd, a charlatan and huge egomaniac now by the way, made a movie this past year revolving around the quest to uncover those buried copies.  Disregarding who he his, his attitude and mediocrity, I would be interested to see if he actually did find them.

Ah yes, ET the game was the one Atari encased in concrete after crushing the cartridges. Then buried it in a New Mexico landfill. Unfortunatley you can get a copy of that game for pennies. They shipped over 2.4 million copies of the game and sold 24.5 million dollars worth, but it cost over 100 million to make because they had to pay for the rights to the movie. They would have been better off not spending all that money to pay for the movie rights.

The game I was thinking about was Stadium Events from Bandai. The box alone sells for $10,000 but if you have both the game and the box it will sell for $25,000.

I had heard in the news that this lady had a son who was in the military. He, I think died, and she went in to the attic to sell off some of his stuff.

She found an old Nitendo system with a bunch of games of which she had a copy of this game.

She sold the entire package for almost $23,000!!!

CRAZY SHIT!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_Events

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No Subject -- In the Context of this Thread)

RE :: (No Subject  --  In the Context of this Thread)

(No Subject)

Waiting!    See :: Uploaded Pic

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
JLY wrote:take it easy there

JLY wrote:

take it easy there guy......it is very simple and easy to see that varying beliefs came from the spread of Noah's decendants after the flood, but that doesn't make God any less real than He is. We aren't talking myths and legends here, we are talking TRUTH. The truth is nothing but the truth. It just IS. God still can and will forgive you of your sin, you just have to trust in Him. Atheism is no better than the god complex the 5% nation has.

Quote:
take it easy there guy......it is very simple and easy to see that varying beliefs came from the spread of Noah's decendants after the flood

No dumbass, you assume the flood happened, which it did not.

Flood myths occur in prior religions to the Hebrews. Epic of Gilgamesh.. pre dates your comic book. Has the same motif of saving himself and his family and livestock. Humans did not know how big the earth actually was, so when a local flood happened, they falsely thought that the local flood was the entirety of the world.

Not to mention no archeology outside Mesopotamia shows any evidence, say in China or Japan or the Americas of the the biblical comic book story.

The bible is a comic book a spin off of prior pollytheism. It is not a  history book or science textbook. It is a comic book.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: this is

JesusLovesYou wrote:
this is what you do not understand. Noah's decendants all went their own way creating their own nations, living in their own selfish desires, pushing God away, and creating many "little g" gods that were tailored to their own desires. God has been the only God since the first day of creation. Man left God and went their own way. It has NOTHING to do with future generations re adapting myths of thwir forefathers. God has ALWAYS been God.
If the purpose of the flood was to wipe out the wicked people, and Noah and his family were spared because they weren't wicked, why did God spare them if they were just going to go and become wicked again? Did he not know?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
RobbyPants

RobbyPants wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:
If the purpose of the flood was to wipe out the wicked people, and Noah and his family were spared because they weren't wicked, why did God spare them if they were just going to go and become wicked again? Did he not know?

The expected response from a theist is "they had free will".... which leads you to the following:

If god destroyed all the wicked by flooding the Earth then he must have known they were going to be wicked because god knows everything.

If god knows every thing, then flooding the Earth was preplanned, which means humans were created to fail, which means we don't have free will.

Then "god" admits to making an error and promises "never to do it again", which shows god is not perfect because it admitted to an error.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:RE ::

danatemporary wrote:

RE :: (No Subject  --  In the Co

ntext of this Thread)

(No Subject)

Waiting!    See :: Uploaded Pic

here's some Adam and Eve, for ya!

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
RobbyPants

RobbyPants wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

The entire bible reads like a brat playing an X-Box who keeps hitting reset when he cant get his players to do what he wants.

God playing  the Eden level, "FUCK, I didn't want you to eat the apple, yes I did, and I made a bet with Satan.

RESET

God playing the Noah level, "Fuck these bastards still wont do what I say, I'll show them"

RESET

God playing the Jesus level, "Ok, I'll clone myself, commit a fake suicide, to save them from the game I didn't have to set up"

RESET

God playing the Revelations level, "FUCK IT, I'LL JUST SMASH THE ENTIRE FUCKING X-BOX AND GO HOME"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:JLY wrote:take

Brian37 wrote:

JLY wrote:

Quote:
take it easy there guy......it is very simple and easy to see that varying beliefs came from the spread of Noah's decendants after the flood

Flood myths occur in prior religions to the Hebrews. Epic of Gilgamesh.. pre dates your comic book. Has the same motif of saving himself and his family and livestock. Humans did not know how big the earth actually was, so when a local flood happened, they falsely thought that the local flood was the entirety of the world.

Not to mention no archeology outside Mesopotamia shows any evidence, say in China or Japan or the Americas of the the biblical comic book story.

The bible is a comic book a spin off of prior pollytheism. It is not a  history book or science textbook. It is a comic book.

God has been there since day 1 of creation. I am well aware of multiple flood myths, but even that further affirms that there actually was a flood bcuz Noahs children and grandchildren spread their story.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Brian37

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

JLY wrote:

Quote:

God has been there since day 1 of creation. I am well aware of multiple flood myths, but even that further affirms that there actually was a flood bcuz Noahs children and grandchildren spread their story.

No, there is no such thing as a Poofdaddy with a magic wand. Your god is like any other, your own wishful thinking and narcissism. "God" is simply koolaid you swallow, a sugar pill. I cant stop you from believing that crap. But that is your baggage not mine. You are going to have a very hard time trying to sell your crap here. you can certainly try, no one will stop you. But please dont think that emotional stories and circular reasoning will work on us. We don't give your pet god claim any special treatment.

The bible is a comic book, just like the Torah, Talmud, Reg Vedas and Koran. Myths written by ignorant goat herders.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:God has

JesusLovesYou wrote:
God has been there since day 1 of creation.

I'm glad you finally admitted that Adi Parashakti exists.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Wait... Day 1 of

Wait... Day 1 of creation?

Is it possible that we have a theist that has never asked THE QUESTION and gotten the bullshit answer?

What or who created your god? 

If this has already been addressed previously in this thread, I've missed it, JesusLovesYou.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Every man has his secret omissions which the world knows not of

Maya is Strong with this one :

RobbyPants wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

still waiting on brian37 to show me where in the harry potter series is repentance leading to salvation found

We're still waiting on you to respond to 80% of the posts in this thread. 

To the board's own JLY ::

Alot of things are left unaddressed. Are you refusing to tell us something JLY ?  By no means to be over critical.  In a refusal to engage we're left with this pattern to these threads of yours, only to invite all of this, the more .  I'd like to find an OP that would take the time to comment to each and every post in the/their thread, even if it took a mounth of Tuesdays.   Overall  this entire thread, most certainly, ended up as an event to offer a huge heaping dose of humility.   Which nobody likes to see.  Yet strangely I seriously doubt you (JLY) are  wiser for it!!  Maybe it was when you (JLY) were overconfident ? You've refused to accept personal responsibility, throughout!! Or Maybe with JLK has forever lacked (any) sense, I couldn't tell you how everyone or anyone should think other

Engage, even if it is just a comment. Instead of the behaviour that only inevitably inflames the Punch and Judy (well known in Europe) show, all of JLY Thread fizzle out due to you (JLY).

_______

Every man has his secret omissions which the world knows not of

Edit :: (Edit :: Two typeos ,  and it's month and not mouth))

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: Wait...

darth_josh wrote:

Is it possible that we have a theist that has never asked THE QUESTION and gotten the bullshit answer?

If this has already been addressed previously in this thread, I've missed it, JesusLovesYou.

There were no facts presented. Only the typical response, "god exists because I believe in it"

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

darth_josh wrote:

There were no facts presented. Only the typical response, "god exists because I believe in it"

Yep, because ultimately that is all believers are really arguing, regardless of the religion or pet god claim. It still all amounts to arguing for a "Poofdaddy".

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
A woman wronged. "I heard the Devil's voice today" Degarmo & Key

A woman wronged. "I heard the Devil's voice today" ¬ Degarmo & Key Band

JesusLovesYou wrote:
JLY wrote : "THIS WEBSITE IS A HATE CRIME CENTER FOR CYBER BULLYING.

The Play ( Act 3)

OTHELLO
Lie with her? lie on her? We say “lie on her” when they belie her! Lie with her—that’s fulsome. Handkerchief—confessions—handkerchief! To confess, and be hanged for his labor. First to be hanged, and then to confess—I tremble at it, by hearing all this. Nature would not invest herself in such shadowing passion without some instruction! It is not words that shake me thus. Pish! Noses, ears, and lips. Is ’t possible? Confess!—Handkerchief!—Oh, devil!—
(Modern English)
OTHELLO
In bed with her? On lie on top of her? I would have thought people were incontrovertibly telling lies about her rather than believe he was lying on top of her. My God, it’s nauseating! Handkerchief—confessions—handkerchief! I’ll kill him first, and then let him confess—I’m trembling with rage. I wouldn’t be trembling like this if I didn’t know deep down this was all true. Noses, ears, lips. Is it possible? Tell me the truth—Handkerchief—Oh, Damnation!

IAGO
Work on, My medicine, work! Thus credulous fools are caught, by the lie.
And many worthy and chaste dames even thus,
All guiltless, meet reproach.—What, ho! My lord!
My lord, I say! Othello!
(Modern English)
IAGO
Keep working, poisonous LIES! This is the way to trick gullible fool, My Lord. Many good and INNOCENT women are punished for reasons like this.—My lord? My lord, the Othello!

Radiant Emilia, Desdemona's servant and Iago's wife, upon discovering the RUSE, to poison the mind of Othello, fore her innocence stands out like a beacon, so raises the alarm bells and declares Iago to be a true liar before Montano and Gratiano  . . .

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 JesusLovesYou wrote: JLY

JesusLovesYou wrote:

This is rich considering you came here. Are you forced to post on this website? No. Is your government putting a gun to your head forcing you to read our posts? No. Are you prevented in any fashion of going to Christian websites and or starting your own religious website? No.

And also, you obviously don't understand the difference between hating a claim and hating a person. We do hate any claim that has no evidence for it. But if you really want us to hate you personally, keep up this false martyrdom complex.

My mom is Catholic, she knows exactly how I feel about religion. I still love her, but if she asked me what I felt about the trinity or symbolic cannibalism she knows what answer I would give her.

I really don't want you to lecture me about bullying. I know what bullying is, even outside religious claims as a kid I was bullied. No, your not being bullied. You are actually playing victim because you don't like the answers you are getting here.

I've had a guy try to have me fired, not based on any words or blasphemy or cussing. I had a guy try to have me fired merely because of seeing ONE WORD "atheist" on my car. And even now my co workers get to listen to religious music and wear crosses, but I cant even say just the word "atheist" before they shut down the conversation and expect me to be a good token atheist and sit at the back of the bus.

I know of atheists who have been kicked out of their apartments, had their property damaged. I know of atheists who fear their parents kicking them out of the house and disowning them. I can point you to atheists who get MURDERED, for no other reason than they left their former religion.

You came here on your own. You are simply upset that we didn't simply roll over like the lost puppies you want us to be. We are not bullying you. Grow up. No one here is going to beat you up or have you arrested.

You think we are bullies? Put on shirt and or hat with the word "atheist" on it.  Go out in public. Maybe not all would respond but do it long enough and you will get verbally  harassed if not physically assaulted.

No, merely saying "bullshit, that is not true" does not make us bullies.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

This is rich considering you came here. Are you forced to post on this website? No. Is your government putting a gun to your head forcing you to read our posts? No. Are you prevented in any fashion of going to Christian websites and or starting your own religious website? No.

And also, you obviously don't understand the difference between hating a claim and hating a person. We do hate any claim that has no evidence for it. But if you really want us to hate you personally, keep up this false martyrdom complex.

My mom is Catholic, she knows exactly how I feel about religion. I still love her, but if she asked me what I felt about the trinity or symbolic cannibalism she knows what answer I would give her.

I really don't want you to lecture me about bullying. I know what bullying is, even outside religious claims as a kid I was bullied. No, your not being bullied. You are actually playing victim because you don't like the answers you are getting here.

I've had a guy try to have me fired, not based on any words or blasphemy or cussing. I had a guy try to have me fired merely because of seeing ONE WORD "atheist" on my car. And even now my co workers get to listen to religious music and wear crosses, but I cant even say just the word "atheist" before they shut down the conversation and expect me to be a good token atheist and sit at the back of the bus.

I know of atheists who have been kicked out of their apartments, had their property damaged. I know of atheists who fear their parents kicking them out of the house and disowning them. I can point you to atheists who get MURDERED, for no other reason than they left their former religion.

You came here on your own. You are simply upset that we didn't simply roll over like the lost puppies you want us to be. We are not bullying you. Grow up. No one here is going to beat you up or have you arrested.

You think we are bullies? Put on shirt and or hat with the word "atheist" on it.  Go out in public. Maybe not all would respond but do it long enough and you will get verbally  harassed if not physically assaulted.

No, merely saying "bullshit, that is not true" does not make us bullies.

That is your side of the story, but people reject you because your treat people of faith like we are ignorant and uneducated, with a pinch of hate. Its not that you are an athiest. Its the type of athiest you are. My sister is an athiest and she gets no such treatment from people of faith.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Jeffrick

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

You still have not  answered my question from post #8;

"Why would Jesus be more involved then Lord Rama & Lord Vishnu?"

because Jesus is creator God almighty, and they are, well, not actually there.

I love it when "believers" in the god of Abraham say this... it shows the entire ignorant package they have faith in.

1) you, your religion and your god are self fulfilling and self righteous

2) you can't disprove their religion and you can't prove your religion

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

I love it when "believers" in the god of Abraham say this... it shows the entire ignorant package they have faith in.

I already addressed it in #50. Jesus Christ actually existed and is actually God. Ramah and vishnu are creatures of myth and legend, or more than likely even 2 of satans fallen trying to receive glory

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

I already addressed it in #50. Jesus Christ actually existed and is actually God. Ramah and vishnu are creatures of myth and legend, or more than likely even 2 of satans fallen trying to receive glory

Rama was seeking glory? Let us compare Vishnu/Rama and God/Jesus.

Which deity when he came down to Earth as man made it all about him? God/Jesus.

Which deity spent his time killing demons? Vishnu/Rama.

Which deity stopped all natural disasters and disease during his rule? Vishnu/Rama.

Which deity decided to drown every human because he didn't like how they were acting? God/Jesus.

Which deity led humans by example and living his life the best way? Vishnu/Rama.

Which deity constantly tells humans to do one thing while doing the opposite? God/Jesus.

Which deity didn't tell most people he was a deity during his time as a man? Vishnu/Rama.

Which deity insists his followers tell everyone about him and expects people to worship him? God/Jesus.

I think it is quite clear that the Jesus character is seeking glory a lot more than Rama, who for a deity was downright humble.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

The question of "was there a jesus" is not the correct question to ask. The correct question to ask is "did the jesus you have faith in exist in the same context as you are being taught".

Since you have no proof that this "jesus" existed in that context you are assuming that what you are being taught is true; this is why you have faith.

This is why there are more than one version of the "god of abraham" and more than one version of "jesus". Your version is fine for you because it makes you happy. The other versions for other people make them happy. It doesn't mean they are real.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

The question of "was there a jesus" is not the correct question to ask. The correct question to ask is "did the jesus you have faith in exist in the same context as you are being taught".

Since you have no proof that this "jesus" existed in that context you are assuming that what you are being taught is true; this is why you have faith.

This is why there are more than one version of the "god of abraham" and more than one version of "jesus". Your version is fine for you because it makes you happy. The other versions for other people make them happy. It doesn't mean they are real.

The proof is right there infront of you, you just refuse to accept it. The God of Abraham IS Jesus, it is in scripture that His glory was not fully revealed unt Christ was ressurected. Christ fulfilled over 300 prophesies that most turned a blind eye to.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

The proof is right there infront of you, you just refuse to accept it. The God of Abraham IS Jesus, it is in scripture that His glory was not fully revealed unt Christ was ressurected. Christ fulfilled over 300 prophesies that most turned a blind eye to.

I love hearing this from you because it shows me that my theory on "faith" is valid.

"Faith" = makes you bat shit crazy!