Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good News

shit

http://www.jesusandmo.net/strips/2013-09-04.png

Reproduced under Creative Commons

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Then there is Lk 12:47 . .

p.s. --  Seated in a little chair .. Readings on the Needle on "my" Cute-O-meter  are off-the-scale.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol nice

lol nice

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Chuckle

That was a good one.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Yeah

It really resonated with me given my mother is always telling me I focus only on the negative part of Jesus' message. 

He wants to torture me, I say. But he loves you, he died for you, he's waiting for you with open arms, she replies. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

It really resonated with me given my mother is always telling me I focus only on the negative part of Jesus' message. 

He wants to torture me, I say. But he loves you, he died for you, he's waiting for you with open arms, she replies. 

Stockholm Syndrome

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

It never did occur to me as a child and even as a young man, to question the idea that if he didn't really die for anyone. 

If he dies and gets resurrected, and Yahweh knew that he was going to be resurrected, knew that he was going to be crucified before he was even born, what the hell did he sacrifice ? 

I remember that question bugged me badly when some dude brought it up to me once. I couldn't answer it.

"He gave his only son ? How ? He knew what was going to happen to him, knew he was going to be seated at the right hand of the father, knew that he was going to be resurrected, and knew how everything was going to play out before he was born. So WHAT exactly did he sacrifice ?." 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

It never did occur to me as a child and even as a young man, to question the idea that if he didn't really die for anyone. 

If he dies and gets resurrected, and Yahweh knew that he was going to be resurrected, knew that he was going to be crucified before he was even born, what the hell did he sacrifice ? 

I remember that question bugged me badly when some dude brought it up to me once. I couldn't answer it.

"He gave his only son ? How ? He knew what was going to happen to him, knew he was going to be seated at the right hand of the father, knew that he was going to be resurrected, and knew how everything was going to play out before he was born. So WHAT exactly did he sacrifice ?." 

I had a similar thing as a kid with the issue with of an omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, omnivorous, transcendent (outside space and time), dead god.

Obviously an eternal being that cannot be contained by the universe, cannot die in the universe and so cannot sacrifice itself to an event to which it logically (groan) cannot succumb.

As for a father sacrificing a son, who is also himself, both everlasting, both immutable, well it all starts to fall apart right there. 

The one quality of god on this list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attributes_of_God_in_Christianity to which I heartily concur is incomprehensibility.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No Subject) --

(No Subject)  --

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)