Where is the media circus?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Where is the media circus?

Just read it...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/27/justice/georgia-baby-killed

Where is the media on this one? Sure, there are little snippets here and there across the web, but no giant media circus. And... they don't even need to lie about the pictures; this time it was really a little kid who was murdered.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I was scared for my life and didn't have as much training as I had now. Lucky for me I was able to take one of them out and escape. 

digital, since you prefer to restrict yourself to unarmed combat in self defense situations I was wondering about how you intend to deal with aging and the gradual loss of physical prowess ?  This isn't meant to be a "gotcha" question or anything like that, just curious.

Martial arts is my favorite spectator sport and it always amuses me that when top level competitors reach the age of 35-38 or so they're considered "senior citizens" in the sport, because they can rarely hang with the young bucks anymore.  The most important thing the "older" fighters lose is their speed and timing, so they get hit more often, accumulate more damage, etc.  There are always exception of course ( Randy Couture, Dan Henderson, etc )

I don't fight any more. I've seen the errors of my past and I've been deconstructing my life and the lies I've learned.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:ProzacDeathWish

cj wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

digital, since you prefer to restrict yourself to unarmed combat in self defense situations I was wondering about how you intend to deal with aging and the gradual loss of physical prowess ?  This isn't meant to be a "gotcha" question or anything like that, just curious.

Martial arts is my favorite spectator sport and it always amuses me that when top level competitors reach the age of 35-38 or so they're considered "senior citizens" in the sport, because they can rarely hang with the young bucks anymore.  The most important thing the "older" fighters lose is their speed and timing, so they get hit more often, accumulate more damage, etc.  There are always exception of course ( Randy Couture, Dan Henderson, etc )

Here you go - for when you are an old fart---

http://www.elderguru.com/got-personal-safety-concerns-got-a-cane-get-trained-in-cane-fu-fighting/

I've studied Kung Fu, Northern Praying Mantis.

Three forms I learned were with a cane. It's workable with the right situation, but I like an idea I had concerning barbed wire.

I do bonsai and there is a tree with these little tiny button hook thorns.

Anyway, I had an idea for a non-violent deterrent using those same style of thorns. It would give me time to get away and get help.

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Vastet

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:
Just ignore me. I'm a fucking kick ass American and we are all fucking squared away down here.
"Don't count your chickens before they are hatched dopey" Look who's talking moron.

Ah, well considering that George Zimmerman is free... I'd say my chicken count is right on target and you are off your count, not one, not two, but three times.

Strawman + Zimmerman is a murderer who got let off the hook = You lose a dozen times over.

As for your foolishly counting your chickens before they hatch, I was right yet again:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/08/19/toronto-police-shooting-yatim-officer-charged.html

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.