Police thugs shoot dog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Police thugs shoot dog

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2353347/Police-shoot-kill-Rottweiler-street-dog-runs-owner-arrested-obstruction-justice.html

A man was arrested while videotaping police officers on his cell phone for having the music in his car playing too loud because the cops found the music "distracting". After putting his dog in his car, the man calmly walked over and allowed the police to arrest him. The dog started barking, and managed to jump out the window of the car and attempted to run to his owner. It is extremely clear in the video that the dog was not being aggressive. But that didn't stop the thug from shooting the dog multiple times. I hope he loses his job, gets sued the fuck out of (both the thug and the PD) and spends some time in jail for reckless discharge of a firearm. He fired at the dog when there were several bystanders around who could have been hit by ricochets. If a concealed carry holder discharged their firearm in the exact same fashion they would be facing felony charges. Cops should be held to the same standard. Fuck these thugs who think that just because they have a badge and a gun they can treat people like shit.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
don't hold your breath

All the jerk has to demonstrate is that he felt "concerned" or "in danger."

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
P l e a s e___S t a n d___B y

>  P l e a s e  S t a n d  B y

cj wrote:

All the jerk has to demonstrate is that he felt "concerned" or "in danger."

Caption :: It takes a worried Dog,  to sing a worried song

Image Uploaded of a dog in Image

Description :: Dog with gun pointed at its' head  whimpering

Man's Best Friend ?    For  Heavens sakes,  please, play dead !!

¬ D a n a

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:A man

Beyond Saving wrote:
A man was arrested while videotaping police officers on his cell phone for having the music in his car playing too loud because the cops found the music "distracting". After putting his dog in his car, the man calmly walked over and allowed the police to arrest him. The dog started barking, and managed to jump out the window of the car and attempted to run to his owner. It is extremely clear in the video that the dog was not being aggressive. But

Off topic, but filming police shouldn't be illegal.

They should be caught red handed, doing things which are unjust or illegal.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't have a love of dogs,

I don't have a love of dogs, but I do despise abuse of power in any fashion. I hope they get dismissed as well.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not saying at all what these

Not saying at all what these cops did was right. Although I would not shoot a dog, if it attempts to bite me I will kick it and punch it,  if it is a big and being aggressive attempting to bite me. THEN I'd blame the owner for not controlling the dog, it is not the dog's fault ever. I'd also sue the fuck out of the owner if I had to go to the hospital. I hate owners who get surprised when someone has to defend themselves from their dog.

There is an asshole who eats where I work, keeps his rot UNCHAINED in the bed of his pick up. It would not shock me if one day that dog jumped out and attacked another customer or someone else somewhere else in our community. It certainly isn't the "species", but certainly a false assumption because a dog always does something it always will do the same thing. Dogs do not have the same level of human reasoning skills, and without a leash or a human it knows to control it, you play with fire leaving it unleashed, and YOU should be blamed if someone has to protect themselves.

Even with chained dogs, there was a story a few months back, where an aggressive dog got out of it's chained inclosure knocked down a young girl and was biting her skull. Ironically, her own Chiwawa(sp) defended her by distracting the aggressive dog long enough for her to escape. She did end up in the hospital. If I had been their and seen it I damned sure would have kicked that dog instead of her getting bit because the owner was too stupid to control it.

No I am not going to kick a dog, merely if I simply don't like it. But some dogs are aggressive and ARE big enough to cause serious injury. Does anyone reading this assume that all dogs are trained well and cant ever hurt you? How do you know unless you personally know that dog?

In this case  any good defense Lawyer is going to argue  this  "Now, if these cops don't personally know that dog personally, and I am sure cops run into people with dogs trained to attack, would you simply say to them "do nothing". Did they have an animal trap or anything else they could have used to prevent injury to themselves? Did they have any time to formulate a plan to get the dog under control?"

If the answer is yes, like pepper spray , or pole with leash to trap the dog, then they were wrong. But the issue could be department training. Police can get out of control but when that does happen sometimes it is because they see it so much they get on auto pilot.

Now, I do agree that recording police should be perfectly legal. And if they simply shot that dog because they were too lazy or just to piss the owner off, throw the fucking book at them. But, just like civilians, if charged or sued they are entitled to the same due process we would want for ourselves. Otherwise we would be no better than what they are accused of.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I did click on that link but

I did click on that link but the video didn't seem to work so my last post is looking at the stills posted there. With no video I cant judge it better than someone who has seen it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Was not able to view ANY of the Videos on my PC:

I do not have the slightest clue WHERE all of-this went down. Law Enforcement should have a Baton or Billy Club on them.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
well, regardless of if the

well, regardless of if the cop was right or wrong, if i were attacked by a rottweiler, the last thing i'd do is kick it.  that would be like kicking a boulder.  unless of course i had a blade in the toe of my boot or something.

in fact, i'd be unsure of my chances against a rottweiler with anything less than a gun.  maybe i'd feel reasonably confident with a boar spear, but where the hell does one get a hold of one of those anymore?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
There are plenty of ways to

There are plenty of ways to stop an attacking dog in its tracks. I've done in both a pitbull and a german shepherd without so much as a knife. They're really only dangerous in groups or surprise attacks. If I see a dog coming, it doesn't have a prayer.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:There are

Vastet wrote:
There are plenty of ways to stop an attacking dog in its tracks. I've done in both a pitbull and a german shepherd without so much as a knife. They're really only dangerous in groups or surprise attacks. If I see a dog coming, it doesn't have a prayer.

No. I'm sorry, I think it is very rational to defend one's own personal body from anything, including a big aggressive dog. I would kick it or punch it to get it off me if it attacked, and then if I could find the owner I'd blame them and sue the fuck out of them.

The only thing in all this is that it is never the dog's fault. They don't know any better.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:No. I'm sorry,

Brian37 wrote:

No. I'm sorry, I think it is very rational to defend one's own personal body from anything, including a big aggressive dog. I would kick it or punch it to get it off me if it attacked, and then if I could find the owner I'd blame them and sue the fuck out of them.

The only thing in all this is that it is never the dog's fault. They don't know any better.

Of course you would, because nothing could ever be your fault. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote: I do

danatemporary wrote:
I do not have the slightest clue WHERE all of-this went down. Law Enforcement should have a Baton or Billy Club on them.

It happened in Hawthorne California which is a southwestern suburb of LA, it is the "bad" side of town and rather low on the economic scale. Still, I find it hard to believe that the officer didn't have mace, taser or other non-lethal protection on him, which would have been more than sufficient to deal with this dog, which was not attacking aggressively. Or the officers could have tried the radical move of letting the owner out of the cuffs to restrain his dog, after all, since he voluntarily surrendered himself, he was hardly a flight risk. 

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:well,

iwbiek wrote:

well, regardless of if the cop was right or wrong, if i were attacked by a rottweiler, the last thing i'd do is kick it.  that would be like kicking a boulder.  unless of course i had a blade in the toe of my boot or something.

in fact, i'd be unsure of my chances against a rottweiler with anything less than a gun.  maybe i'd feel reasonably confident with a boar spear, but where the hell does one get a hold of one of those anymore?

I've dealt with aggressive pitbulls and rottweilers and never felt a need to draw my weapon. There is a huge difference between a dog that is upset and one that is going to cause immediate harm.  

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
You can always find more than one way to do something

Re :: You can always find more than one way to do something 

Beyond Saving wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
  well, regardless of if the cop was right or wrong, if i were attacked by a rottweiler, the last thing i'd do is kick it.  that would be like kicking a boulder.  unless of course i had a blade in the toe of my boot or something.  in fact, i'd be unsure of my chances against a rottweiler with anything less than a gun.  maybe i'd feel reasonably confident with a boar spear, but where the hell does one get a hold of one of those anymore? 

I've dealt with aggressive pitbulls and rottweilers and never felt a need to draw my weapon. There is a huge difference between a dog that is upset and one that is going to cause immediate harm.   

In the training Law Enforcement should understand where an animal is likeliest to bite and attack,. In children because of their small stature it often puts their heads near the dog's mouth, that would account for damage to the face and skull (in children). Presuming you aren't showing a dangling  leg prominently; where the animal can easily get at.  In adults  the obvious areas of attack are the hands and forearms where the dog will bite.  

In the cases of the North American Cougar or Mountain Lion attacks, due to their size and being a solitary predator, they have been known to bite the skull and neck areas of (larger) humans. And if they encroach upon the human's territory are usually killed as opposed to going to the trouble of relocating them. 

Situational awareness should have made it clear that EVERYBODY get in their respective vehicles, the suspect included (in the back of the car). And in this wired world simply call for Animal Control to deal with it from there.  Done and done!

F i n

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wild cats are so much more

Wild cats are so much more dangerous than dogs. Them I would not fuck with.
Problem is you probably won't see one of those coming unless they are desperately hungry or sick.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:There is

Beyond Saving wrote:

There is a huge difference between a dog that is upset and one that is going to cause immediate harm.  

well, obviously, and i hope i would have enough sense to recognize it.  for one thing, i'm definitely not going to invade its owner's space without the owner being totally in control.  but if, hypothetically speaking, i'm walking along a country road and a rottweiler or pit bull suddenly comes out of nowhere, running at me full gait, snarling and growling with teeth completely bared, and no owner in sight, well, i'm going to assume the dog is probably mad and definitely going to try to kill me.  therefore, if i have my .270 with me, the dog is dead.  the owner can explain himself later, if he cares to show up.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson