We Speak Different Languages

Wladyslaw
atheist
Wladyslaw's picture
User is offlineOffline
We Speak Different Languages

Biblically, we all used to speak one language, and then when we started to try to build a tower to heaven, the tower of Babel, God got mad and, more or less, we all speak different languages. Well... why should God get mad if we build a tower, we'd die long before we even got out of our atmosphere let alone into this aethereal plain in a nondescript place, that is quite *now* obviously no where within the reach of humans building a tower.

I see no logic in this, lest of course this "intelligent" designer, that made us in "[his] image"  why then, would he go to such extreme measures (that he should have known would happen, and therefore not be mad) to keep us in the dark as to the location of "Heaven"

Why then, did he not allow us to go to the moon, or send sats up into the air? Those gather far more information than a mere tower. Not to mention the international Space Station...

"Your sins are not redeemed, by swearing perjury." ~ Mathias Blad

"Change how you look at all things and what you see will change" ~ Per Nilsson/Henrik Ohlsson
"As the need for knowledge flows through the catharsis of thought, ask a question and the answer will be born."

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
BTDTBTTS . . RRS forum/32732?page=1-3 & page7

Re::  *Been there done that bought the T-shirt

That is a  fascinating topic,  *BTDTBTTS. Departing from some of your specific original question. If  I  may make a small suggestion, Careful to invest some time in a Thread that already exists!  SEE : late Aug 2012  Origin of Language = Epic Evolution/Atheist FAIL!  author TWD39 (aka - Pa). Hope that helps, sorry if I could NOT be of greater assistance. No Reply is necessary.

. . .

Check  --

Ref.

Thorkild Jacobsen's The Harps That Once Played ... Sumerian Poetry in Translation p. 289 and p. 290

¬ Dana

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Language

You're pouring 21st century english into Hebrew from thousands of years ago. It would be like arguing whether Jesus ate at Kentucky Fried Chicken or Church's Chicken.

We must understand that the terms man, sad, jealous are anthropomorphic terms. God does not have emotions.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Wladyslaw
atheist
Wladyslaw's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:You're

Jean Chauvin wrote:

You're pouring 21st century english into Hebrew from thousands of years ago. It would be like arguing whether Jesus ate at Kentucky Fried Chicken or Church's Chicken.

We must understand that the terms man, sad, jealous are anthropomorphic terms. God does not have emotions.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Deuteronomy 6:15

New King James Version (NKJV)

15 (for the Lord your God is a jealous God among you), lest the anger of the Lord your God be aroused against you and destroy you from the face of the earth.

What other possible meanings could this have if God does not have any kind of emotion? Also you really missed the topic at hand, which destroy a tower with such zeal when  and then simply allow us to go to the moon as if it is normal?

@ Dana, I can't find any sort of search function on here, I really do hate making redundant topics/necro-posting..

"Change how you look at all things and what you see will change" ~ Per Nilsson/Henrik Ohlsson
"As the need for knowledge flows through the catharsis of thought, ask a question and the answer will be born."

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wladyslaw wrote:@ Dana, I

Wladyslaw wrote:

@ Dana, I can't find any sort of search function on here, I really do hate making redundant topics/necro-posting..

In the frame on the top left, right below "recent posts" and "blog", says "Google SEARCH this site!"

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Wladyslaw
atheist
Wladyslaw's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Wladyslaw wrote:

In the frame on the top left, right below "recent posts" and "blog", says "Google SEARCH this site!"

Well, I feel like a dummy.  All this time I was looking for some sort of box...

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Jean Chauvin wrote:You're

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

You understand the definition of "anthropomorphic" but cling to a god yourself that is nothing but a reflection of your own selfish narcissism? Let me guess, magically your pet deity is not wishful thinking like all others.

God does not have emotions, right, neither does Allah or Thor or Superman. But the fans of those works of fiction can do lots of damage projecting their anthropomorphic wishes on others.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Wladyslaw
atheist
Wladyslaw's picture
User is offlineOffline
@ Brian

Just a little clarification, the god he is talking about IS Allah. Also Thor is known to exhibit a large array of emotions, particularly anger. :3

Marty Hamrick
atheist
Marty Hamrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote: God

Jean Chauvin wrote:

God does not have emotions.

Looks like Chauvin is a closet Trekkie. Spock must be God. Let's see, he died to save the Enterprise in Wrath of Khan and was resurrected in the next movie to continue saving the universe. Nice, Jean.

"Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings."