Homophobe kills self in protest of gay marriage

RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Homophobe kills self in protest of gay marriage

Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage 

It seems weird to worry about the spread of Shariah law. It would seem like allowing marriage equality would make your system less like Shariah law. Whatever. I won't claim that crazies make sense.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I fully support this form

I fully support this form of protest. 

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ditto

ditto

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, Hell's Bells ! (is punny) . . A "Homo"nym :¬

Another homonym  is that 'ring' or 'ring' ? 

Re :: Wouldn't a traditional catholic be sounding the knell of his defeat,  perhaps other ring then must be the reward?.

SEE :: Images and Uploads ( "Below" ) :

(A Traditional  Catholic).

Hell takes the name from Hel described as partially rotting corpse , the name is the location where the goddess of "Hel" dwells, the UnderWorld itself.

View  Image

This is the etymology of an 'english' word we use today, of course, in the etymological sense. Yes, There are far more ancient civilization's parallels' written in now extinct languages words even older than words like tartarus or Sheol. One I can think of off-the-top of my head is kur¬gal or kur in the Netherworld meaning. It'd be highly erroneous to draw the wrong conclusions from my brief remarks, K ? Btw, People rightly bitch, and bitch a lot about-one-idiosyncratic rendering of a term "Sheol"  in OT, for a later example,  'translated' into the 'english' word "Hell". Yeah, yeah... Okay, already.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I

Beyond Saving wrote:

Thins out the stupidity in the human gene pool.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I

Beyond Saving wrote:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Tassman
atheist
Tassman's picture
User is offlineOffline
Empty gestures...

RobbyPants wrote:

Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage 

It seems weird to worry about the spread of Shariah law. It would seem like allowing marriage equality would make your system less like Shariah law. Whatever. I won't claim that crazies make sense.

Just another ceremonial gesture in a magnificent building expressly designed for empty ceremonial gestures.  

"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." – Christopher Hitchens

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Really its all about an

Really its all about an older generation fearing change.  That the world will be different than it was when they were kids growing up.

The world is going to be different.  Regardless of anyone's wants.   For America it's going to be far more hispanic than when I was a kid.  Way more Spanish everywhere along with foreign customs and whatnot.  People are going to look different, act different, celebrate different holidays, etc.   It's going to be that way no matter what.  Even if we shut America up in a box with no outside influence or new immigrants, the people of America a hundred years from now will be far different than they were when I was a kid.   That's just reality.

This guy couldn't accept that simple fact of life.

So he went all drama queen with a bullet to the head.  Pretty pathetic.  Doesn't warrant much more than a shrug and telling the janitor to grab the mop.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci