Belief in a vengful god? You're a loony

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Belief in a vengful god? You're a loony

Belief in Angry God Associated with Poor Mental Health

If God exists, is he (or she, or whatever) inherently benevolent or punitive? The two Bible selections above clearly demonstrate that God can be both, but many believers cordon their perception of the Almighty into a singular view. This fundamental categorization may be more influential than one might think, as recently published research demonstrates that how a believer conceives of God could affect his or her mental health.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:Belief in

I read that yesterday, and it does not surprise me. If nothing else, you're adding one more thing to worry about in your life.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ditto to RobbyPants

Yet remember Abu Lahab, in spite of what you psychiatrist says;  YoU  R perFECtlY  NORr MalE,  it"S tHe ReeeSt OV  the Vereld That ISH K-nuTZ.  Honest.  Maybe noTZ.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
To parody the Ace Ventura

To parody the Ace Ventura movie.

"I'm not ready for a relationship now Lucifer, I'll give you a call sometime. Your number is still 666 isn't it?"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog