Pat Robertson blames science for lack of miracles?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just wondering....

.......did Robertson just say, educated people have real answers and simple backward people need god? Robertson sounds like he is just inches  away from joining us on the darkside.  No miricles needed when you have an education.

Or is he a racists shit head looking down his nose at Africans?  I'll vote for the raceist angle.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why go beyond the title?

Why go beyond the title? That says it all.

HELLO MCFLY!(Robertnuts) Of course science should be blamed for lack of miracles, that means more people don't buy that bullshit.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
I still like the website

I still like the website "god hates amputees".... I bring this up often with people who claim miracles are real. Sure, doctors save people, accident victims survive a fiery blaze and people in comas wake up, but there is never an amputee who gets their arms or legs back.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I still like the website "god hates amputees".... I bring this up often with people who claim miracles are real. Sure, doctors save people, accident victims survive a fiery blaze and people in comas wake up, but there is never an amputee who gets their arms or legs back.

Hehe. As a former Catholic I have often thought about that when people from the former faith carry on about Lourdes water and it's "miracles."

As I have mentioned on here before, even my own Catholic family was appalled at the mass marketing of "miracles" over there. Rosaries, bibles, crucifixes and everything else for sale on every street corner and in every church.

I guess the Church has not come very far from the Middle Ages, when they were selling pieces of "The One True Cross" and bits of St. Peter's skull to peasants.

Miracles are big business.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Hehe. As a former Catholic I have often thought about that when people from the former faith carry on about Lourdes water and it's "miracles."

As I have mentioned on here before, even my own Catholic family was appalled at the mass marketing of "miracles" over there. Rosaries, bibles, crucifixes and everything else for sale on every street corner and in every church.

I guess the Church has not come very far from the Middle Ages, when they were selling pieces of "The One True Cross" and bits of St. Peter's skull to peasants.

Miracles are big business.

Yeah I've gotten in arguments with my Catholic family about miracles... I ask, "Where are the miracles of human amputees getting a new limb?"

The reply I get is, "IT'S BEEN DOCUMENTED BY THE CHURCH!"

HA!

As for the items.. yeah.. I experienced that down in Costa Rica and El Salvador. Really crazy shit. Pumping water from the municipality water supply, put it in cheap plastic bottles with crosses and then sell the water for $10...

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Too much irony.

Too much irony.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Too much

Vastet wrote:
Too much irony.

you got that right.  those cheap white plastic bottles start to turn orange after only a couple days...

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson