Jesus, does anyone out there even remember me?

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jesus, does anyone out there even remember me?

It's been a really, really long time since I've been on this site.  When I left, I felt I was getting way too involved and it had become too distracting.  I have found, though, that I miss it and my small world has not gotten any less religious.  It's to the point that I'm needed regular doses of a-religion just to combat some of it.

So...if anyone remembers me - hello again!  For everyone else, hello!!

JCE

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
YoWelcome back!I take breaks

Yo

Welcome back!

I take breaks too and often. Some members here can be taxing, both theists and atheists alike.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome back, a few people

Welcome back, a few people from back in the old days are still around, a few check in from time to time though not as often and a few are gone. I took a break for about a year and a half myself. Warning: the forums are still addicting. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Thank you!  It's amazing

Thank you!  It's amazing how exhausting it can be!  I was one of the moderators and it truly began to consume my life.  I will say, though, it's equally amazing how much I learned.  It's good to be back.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I remember  

I remember

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
You would. Hi Cpt.  Glad

You would.

Hi Cpt.  Glad to see you're still on here.  

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey man, what's up? Been too

Hey man, what's up? Been too long.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, it has been!  It's

Yes, it has been!  It's great to see familiar 'faces'.  

Got married to a theist.  In a church.  HA!!  

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Grats! You didn't go and

Grats!

You didn't go and switch sides on us I hope? > >

Sticking out tongue

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
 No but my husband has a

No but my husband has a tattoo of Jesus on his shoulder (long story). Of all the things I expected in life, going to bed with Jesus every night wasn't one of them. 

He is of the 'faith light' group and freely admits that I know way more about it and that I'm one of the smartest people he knows. What's not to love?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JCE wrote:Yes, it has been!

JCE wrote:

Yes, it has been!  It's great to see familiar 'faces'.  

Got married to a theist.  In a church.  HA!!  

Me too, but she isn't a follower of any religion or attends church. She rejects all of them.

It's rough some times because her family is from Central America. They are Catholic, but are really laid back except for some silly superstitions. My mother-in-law believed if the children aren't baptised they will be only considered monkeys by god. She also puts the sign of the cross on all the grand kids foreheads as a blessing before they travel (that sort of stuff).

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JCE wrote:He is of the

JCE wrote:
He is of the 'faith light' group and freely admits that I know way more about it and that I'm one of the smartest people he knows. What's not to love?

I am surprised he hasn't rejected that life and started listening to you. Maybe it's a trick. He thinks he will change you over time and win you over with "jesus's love".

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Nah. He's listened to too

Nah. He's listened to too many debates I've had with an 'almost' atheist.  His faith is purely anecdotal and he doesn't attend church. He didn't get either of his children baptized. Basically he believes because he wants to and I'm not going to try to take that away from him. The 'almost' atheist, though...I'm working on him!  

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
JCE wrote: No but my

JCE wrote:

No but my husband has a tattoo of Jesus on his shoulder (long story). Of all the things I expected in life, going to bed with Jesus every night wasn't one of them. 

Nice catch. Laughing out loud

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
JCE wrote: No but my

JCE wrote:

Maybe you could ask him to have eye glasses and a baseball hat tatoo'd to the JC, then you'd be going to bed with Steven Spielberg every night?  Sorry I don't remember you; before my time?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
I remember you up until

I remember you up until

Quote:
Got married to a theist.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Lol!  He mentioned that

Lol!  He mentioned that he wants to add a crown of thorns and blood drops. To make it look,you know, authentic and all.  Haha. I gave him the look.  Subject closed. 

Yes I was before your time. RRS was just becoming popular when I was around and Chris Hitchens was alive and making headlines. I've got to change my avatar pic. Back then it was new and clever. Now it just looks lame and dull. 

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Well hello darling Zara!

Well hello darling Zara!  Yes I married a theist. He was just too good to pass up. When I told my kids we were getting married in a church, they looked at me in horror and said, "what?!  Are you sure??"  Needless to say the pastor and I had some interesting conversations prior to the marriage but he performed the ceremony anyway. 

How have you been?  

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Yo

Welcome back!

I take breaks too and often. Some members here can be taxing, both theists and atheists alike.

*Whistles* "Doopty doopty doo" My ears were burning.

But to the OP, um the name looks familiar. Welcome back in any case. But like Digital said and he is right, everyone needs a break at some point, some more than others. Nothing wrong with taking a step back some times.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello and Welcome Back

Hello. I came on board in October of 2010. Probably during the time of your hiatus.

I too, have learned a WHOLE lot from being on these forums and have taken short breaks from it from time to time. I'll get busy with life stuff and such.

But, I am pretty much a regular here and even in my short three years I have seen people come and go and come back.

Glad your back. And yes, this place is highly addicting. I am pretty much on here and posting on a regular basis. But, sometimes, a couple of weeks can go by and I don't post anything because there is nothing that I feel like adding to a discussion.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Awesome, another dog

Awesome, another dog avatar...

Welcome back JCE...

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nice to meet you, JCE.

Try to encourage your pastor to join the forum. We've been talking to each other for too long. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
AE has a point . .

Atheistextremist wrote:

Try to encourage your pastor to join the forum. We've been talking to each other for too long. 

I pose no objection. In fact, I second the motion. Plus, It will lead to ugliness if this keeps up for too long. Although I noticed it has remained very peaceful, I think, so I could be wrong. It's a good idea nonetheless. Get on the bandwagon with the notion of/for the motion.

JCE Hi Smiling To you I say Hello JCE.