Jim Carrey and guns

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Jim Carrey and guns

Since we have recently been talking about Jim Carrey being so funny and the hottly debated gun control issue...

 

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0433b30576/cold-dead-hand-with-jim-carrey?playlist=featured_videos

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15770
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Since

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Since we have recently been talking about Jim Carrey being so funny and the hottly debated gun control issue...

 

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0433b30576/cold-dead-hand-with-jim-carrey?playlist=featured_videos

 

I wish the sane left and the sane right who DO value the Second Amendment would stop calling it "gun control". This allows the gun manufacturers and WANE la pee dipshit TO frame the conversation distracting us away from the real issue. MONEY AND PROFITS!

 

A corporate business is like any business. It's main goal is to make money and expand the market. In countries where there is less violence people do not feel the need to own more guns. So economic stability is not within the gun manufacturing industry's interest. No crime more economic stability, less profits for the industry because people will not feel as much a need to have them.

 

The real language we should be using is AMOUNT of guns, not rights. The real language we should be using is "gun safety" not "gun control".

 

The gun manufacturing industry does not give one fuck about the amount of guns. They do not give one fuck about mental health or economic stability.

 

Gun ownership rights is not the issue. It is the AMOUNT of guns. It is about lack of economic stability and good health care. 310,000,000 guns legally and illegally sold. That amount will always get into the wrong hand so you have to address the AMOUNT made and sold, not just types sold.

 

They key to fixing the problem is to break the monopoly, not only on the manufacture's part, but all the attempts at corporate dominance of politics. If we can get more economic stability and get our buying power back and have more home stability, gun death will go down because people will not feel the need to buy them as much.

 

Fear is what the leaders and manufacturers depend on and "gun control" is the language they use to scare the shit out of gun owners.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Since we have recently been talking about Jim Carrey being so funny and the hottly debated gun control issue...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0433b30576/cold-dead-hand-with-jim-carrey?playlist=featured_videos

I wish the sane left and the sane right who DO value the Second Amendment would stop calling it "gun control"... blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah..."gun control" is the language they use to scare the shit out of gun owners.

Sorry dude.. but you lost me... the post was about the video Jim Carrey made... fuck all that heavy bullshit about labels and words. I just thought the video was funny and wanted to share.

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15770
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Since we have recently been talking about Jim Carrey being so funny and the hottly debated gun control issue...

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0433b30576/cold-dead-hand-with-jim-carrey?playlist=featured_videos

I wish the sane left and the sane right who DO value the Second Amendment would stop calling it "gun control"... blah blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah..."gun control" is the language they use to scare the shit out of gun owners.

Sorry dude.. but you lost me... the post was about the video Jim Carrey made... fuck all that heavy bullshit about labels and words. I just thought the video was funny and wanted to share.

 

Oh believe me I do get it, but still does not change the fact that a very serious problem in gun death still exists. And only a fool thinks the gun issue isn't about profits.

 You care more about comedy than you do about real issues? Nice to see you have your priorities in order.

 

Yea he was making a joke so what? I wasn't. It is one thing to have a sense of humor, but just because I face you with a harsh reality does not mean it should be ignored.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
You need to chill out man.

You need to chill out man. DB makes a topic on an actor in a movie and you flip out and switch the subject then give him shit for trying to bring it back on topic. Now I like trolling the guy too but this is a bit over the top.
Also, when you turn into a broken record, people can ignore you and still know what you said. Just a tip.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Now I like

Vastet wrote:
Now I like trolling the guy too...

Aahhh. That's what you've been doing to me? I guess you aren't all frozen and tripped out on mushrooms as I thought you were!


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Oh believe me

Brian37 wrote:

Oh believe me I do get it, but still does not change the fact that a very serious problem in gun death still exists. And only a fool thinks the gun issue isn't about profits.

You care more about comedy than you do about real issues? Nice to see you have your priorities in order.

Yea he was making a joke so what? I wasn't. It is one thing to have a sense of humor, but just because I face you with a harsh reality does not mean it should be ignored.

Dude, when Vastet tells you to stop stressing out you are way too stressed. I mean, he's the king of stress and anger, so you are like really over the edge. Time to come back to a safe calm place. Save your stressed out posts for the other threads.

As for my opinion on gun control, you must have already seen my previous posts with the other "gun nuts" (sorry to group you guys, no insult intended), that I feel their needs to be a limit on guns, drums, ammo, etc. Did you see my posts?

Also, I know the NRA is all about profits. They don't give a shit about any one else, it's all about money and greed. I'm all for hanging the lobbists and the NRA.

I think my priorities are in order. Several conversations on these threads I've walked away from because the people really sound like a broken record. I see you are no different and while I support your right to have your opinion, you and I aren't always right in our views. There needs to be a middle ground and I'll wait for you to come back there and post a reply about the funny video.

BTW - Jim's impersonation of Charleston Heston is awesome.

 

 


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Vastet

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Now I like trolling the guy too...

Aahhh. That's what you've been doing to me?

Two way street there.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:digitalbeachbum

Vastet wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Now I like trolling the guy too...

Aahhh. That's what you've been doing to me?

Two way street there.

LOL.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4198
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Oh believe

Brian37 wrote:

 

Oh believe me I do get it, but still does not change the fact that a very serious problem in gun death still exists. And only a fool thinks the gun issue isn't about profits.

 You care more about comedy than you do about real issues? Nice to see you have your priorities in order.

 

Yea he was making a joke so what? I wasn't. It is one thing to have a sense of humor, but just because I face you with a harsh reality does not mean it should be ignored.

i have never seen a man willingly take so much responsibility on his shoulders...

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4198
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Also, when you

Vastet wrote:
Also, when you turn into a broken record, people can ignore you and still know what you said. Just a tip.

THANK YOU

 

something something something CLIMATE something something EVOLUTION something something something EPIDEMIC something LABELS something something something fart out a lamborghini something something PERIOD.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:As for

digitalbeachbum wrote:

As for my opinion on gun control, you must have already seen my previous posts with the other "gun nuts"...

 

 

 

                                                                             Present and accounted for sir ! 

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 There were a few chuckles.

 There were a few chuckles. Pretty good Heston impersonation. 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: There

Beyond Saving wrote:

 There were a few chuckles. Pretty good Heston impersonation. 

Yeah, it was pretty good for a few laughs. I think it was way better than Bat Fight with Will Ferrell, which I couldn't stand watching all the way through.

 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Jim and FOX news seem to be

Jim and FOX news seem to be going at it...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-news-fights-back-jim-431865

I hope Jim puts them in their place... not like they can go any lower than where they are already...


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3929
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Typical limosine liberal. He

Typical limosine liberal. He can afford to live in a neighborhood with good police and I'm sure he has private security for his homes.

Why does he go after people that are law abiding, Why not go after the gang bangers that already ignore existing gun laws and are responsible for the violence.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Typical limosine

EXC wrote:

Typical limosine liberal.

Sure..


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
Limousine Liberal

A limousine liberal. Don't think that I have ever heard of one of those before. That's a new one.