I'd give up lint for Lent, But here is an article from the Huffington Post.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd give up lint for Lent, But here is an article from the Huffington Post.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:But their observance

Quote:

But their observance of the 40-day period in which many Christians abstain from worldly desires in a bid to come closer to God has upset some atheists who say borrowing religious traditions is antithetical to nontheism.

The exercise has also illustrated a divide in the nontheist community -- between older atheists who see religion as inherently evil and younger atheists who are more open to interactions with religious belief.

Wtf? Who cares? I hope they had to look really hard to find this Flynn guy. Some people apparently have nothing to do with their lives except get upset over stupid shit. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is as much a cultural

This is as much a cultural practice as a religious one. Stupid maybe, but then most cultural practices are.

As for the kids, a few interactions with psycho religious folk will teach them why their peers are so disgusted with religion. They just grew up at a time when religious influence was at an all time low, and didn't get to experience all the real fun.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.