Atheist students fight for seperation of church and state.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Atheist students fight for seperation of church and state.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
What amazes me about these

What amazes me about these stories are that they are all "lower education schools". I'm sure their are some colleges which have similar problems but because colleges deal with so many people from so many different walks of life, they are forced to not get sued. Money is too important to them and low attendance means lower funds.

However, in elementary, middle and high schools, school officials can force their opinions on the students because they aren't relying on parents to pay their tuition. They are getting set salaries from the counties and if they want to force kids to be christians or partake in christian ceremonies then they believe they can get away with it.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
digitalbeachbum wrote:What

digitalbeachbum wrote:

What amazes me about these stories are that they are all "lower education schools". I'm sure their are some colleges which have similar problems but because colleges deal with so many people from so many different walks of life, they are forced to not get sued. Money is too important to them and low attendance means lower funds.

However, in elementary, middle and high schools, school officials can force their opinions on the students because they aren't relying on parents to pay their tuition. They are getting set salaries from the counties and if they want to force kids to be christians or partake in christian ceremonies then they believe they can get away with it.

You'd think that after the Monkey trial and Dover trial society would get the fucking message that schools are not holy buildings, but even with what the founders did, attempts to tear down Jefferson's wall, have been going on the minute the ink was dry on the Constitution. The goal of evolution is not to be rational all the time, the goal is to produce offspring.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog