Mother Teresa condemned by Canadian researchers

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mother Teresa condemned by Canadian researchers

Many of us who've been here awhile probably remember this bitch getting raked over the coals a few years ago. I think public awareness has faded though. A headline reminded me.

Quote:
ADRIANA BARTON
The Globe and Mail
Published Tuesday, Mar. 05 2013, 6:00 PM EST
Last updated Tuesday, Mar. 05 2013, 6:03 PM EST

In a study to be published this month in Religieuses, a French-language journal of studies in religion and sciences, they suggest the nun’s approach to caring for the sick was to glorify human suffering instead of relieving it.

Mother Teresa believed the sick must suffer like Christ on the cross, they suggest.

“There is something beautiful in seeing the poor accept their lot, to suffer it like Christ’s Passion. The world gains much from their suffering,” the journalist Christopher Hitchens reported her as saying.

(Hitchens referred to her as “a fanaticist, a fundamentalist and a fraud.”)

Continues..

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The study authors note that

The study authors note that doctors visiting many of the 517 “homes for the dying” run by Mother Teresa observed unhygienic conditions and a shortage of actual care, food and painkillers. Lack of funds were no explanation, since Mother Teresa’s order of the Missionaries of Charity had raised hundreds of millions in aid money. When the nun herself was in need of medical treatment, “she received it in a modern American hospital,” they point out.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/the-hot-button/mother-teresa-was-anything-but-a-saint-new-canadian-study-finds/article9317551/

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Hitchens wrote a book about

Hitchens wrote a book about her a long time ago, pretty much saying the same thing.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
She sounds like a complete

She sounds like a complete psychopathic cunt.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Try this

In one of her published letters (to a Bishop) she wrote "I don't know why I get on my knees to pray when I know there is nothing there to hear it."  Meaning she was an atheist psycopath,   and peple still want to make her a saint.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

In one of her published letters (to a Bishop) she wrote "I don't know why I get on my knees to pray when I know there is nothing there to hear it."  Meaning she was an atheist psycopath,   and peple still want to make her a saint.

It makes you wonder how many people in general simply go through the motions but say nothing out of fear. To all reading this in all seriousness. If you are in the closet it doesn't help anyone. If you know the earth is not flat, you cant hold that in. If you know your religion is fiction, you don't help humans by holding that in. If our species never questioned social norms our species never would have left the caves.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The majority do. I've seen

The majority do. I've seen plenty of studies which show a 20% minority is capable of swinging the majority vote. And it's been reflected through history. All dictatorships and monarchies have been run by minorities who aquired power. Not necessarily obvious minorities like white men in Africa either, but the rich vs the poor. The entitled vs the bullied. The celebrity vs the unknown.

Fortunately they can be defeated by other minorities, as atheism is defeating theism globally. As gay people become more accepted. As bullying is frowned upon.

But in the end result, the majority don't really care if there is or isn't a god. They'll simply play along with whichever minority has more strength and capability, or more perceived strength and capability at least.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-3199062.html

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
it is not so shocking that

it is not so shocking that the charlatan of Mother Teresa doesn't have that many detractors, for the most part people are willing to ignore the bad parts and the truth so that their image of her remains untouched, as does happen with many others. The fact was she was against women, she kept them poor and uneducated for the most part.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
I found this very

I found this very interesting...

She was sometimes accused by Hindus in her adopted country of trying to convert the poor to Catholicism by "stealth". Christopher Hitchens said that Teresa's own words on poverty proved that her intention was not to help people. He quoted Teresa's words at a 1981 press conference in which she was asked: "Do you teach the poor to endure their lot?" She replied: "I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Mother_Teresa