UN tells Israel to pull settlers from Palestinian land

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
UN tells Israel to pull settlers from Palestinian land

The report lists a long list of breaches, including to freedom of self-determination, non-discrimination, freedom of movement, equality, due process, fair trial, arbitrary detention, freedom to access places of worship, education, water and housing, which were "interrelated, forming part of an overall pattern."

For instance, the experts noted that different legal systems and standards apply to Palestinians and their settler neighbours.

Settlers who commit violent acts against Palestinians are seldom held accountable, the report said, with a study by the Israeli Yesh Din rights group showing that more than 91 per cent of such cases between 2005 and 2012, were closed without indictment.

In comparison, between 90 and 95 per cent of cases of violence committed by Palestinians against settlers were investigated and went to court.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-31/israel-must-pull-all-settlers-from-palestinian-land3a-un/4494736

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 And when Israel tells them

 And when Israel tells them to fuck off what is the UN going to do about it? The UN is a pointless, weak and toothless organization. The only time they get militarily involved is when the US wants them to and usually with the US charging over their protests. The US is the only foreign power that could put real pressure on Israel and I don't see that happening any time soon.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
lulz @ Americans. It'll be

lulz @ Americans. It'll be Russia or China or some middle eastern conglomeration that burns Israel, and you won't lift a finger to stop it because of the hundreds of UN resolutions against Israel. You might even have to help or get your ass kicked by sanctions.

The world is changing.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15752
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: And

Beyond Saving wrote:

 And when Israel tells them to fuck off what is the UN going to do about it? The UN is a pointless, weak and toothless organization. The only time they get militarily involved is when the US wants them to and usually with the US charging over their protests. The US is the only foreign power that could put real pressure on Israel and I don't see that happening any time soon.  

Thats your problem Bubble Boy. You think of life too simplistically and just as black and white as any theist or political party or classist.

 

Why should Israel always get a pass just because the west supports them more than the east? I think it is good that people in America bothered to not give racism or sexism a pass..

I am sick of Israel who is supposed to be the adult in all this reducing itself to what it claims it wants to avoid. I have been around long enough and know none of what is going on will be solved by the military industry and childish human tribalism.

I only support them because they are ahead mentally as to the direction of western pluralism. But they have bilked the same "tradition" and "religious" tribalism Palestinians use as an excuse.

It is the same bullshit that kept Catholics and Protestants divided in Ireland for too long.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5448
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

 And when Israel tells them to fuck off what is the UN going to do about it? The UN is a pointless, weak and toothless organization. The only time they get militarily involved is when the US wants them to and usually with the US charging over their protests. The US is the only foreign power that could put real pressure on Israel and I don't see that happening any time soon.  

Thats your problem Bubble Boy. You think of life too simplistically and just as black and white as any theist or political party or classist.

 

Why should Israel always get a pass just because the west supports them more than the east? I think it is good that people in America bothered to not give racism or sexism a pass..

I am sick of Israel who is supposed to be the adult in all this reducing itself to what it claims it wants to avoid. I have been around long enough and know none of what is going on will be solved by the military industry and childish human tribalism.

I only support them because they are ahead mentally as to the direction of western pluralism. But they have bilked the same "tradition" and "religious" tribalism Palestinians use as an excuse.

It is the same bullshit that kept Catholics and Protestants divided in Ireland for too long.

 

Exactly how are you disagreeing with me? Do you think Israel is going to listen to the UN? Do you think the UN will do something about it? Do you believe that the US is going to change their policy towards Israel anytime soon? As you pointed out, even you support Israel. You might not like it and Obama is probably the least pro-Israel President we have ever had, but the reality is that Israel is an ally we are pretty tightly wrapped up with and we are not going to throw that out the window. It is the real world, and in the real world we have been in bed with governments far worse than Israel and we are not going to side with the Islamic countries. 

I agree with Vastet that some coalition of Muslim middle east countries might attack them, but I am pretty sure if that happened we would support them. Perhaps not directly with troops, Israel wouldn't need that, but certainly with our intelligence, air and sea power. I highly doubt that either China or Russia give enough of a fuck about Israel to send troops on the ground. If they did, I disagree with Vastet, the US would be involved and it would become WWIII. 

The bottom line is that this UN resolution will do nothing and Israels behavior is not going to change and the UN will not (perhaps cannot) do anything to enforce it.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
If America still had the

If America still had the balls for WW3 then you'd already be cracking down on China and you'd have flattened North Korea. You don't, and Israel will fall, and you neither can nor will stop it.

Short term you're right, it means nothing. But long term it means a lot.

China and Russia may not care much about Israel itself, but they most definitely care about stability, which Israel constantly pushes. They won't be able to ignore it forever.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Exactly

Beyond Saving wrote:

Exactly how are you disagreeing with me? 

he has no idea.  he just has to disagree with you.  he can't help it--it's part of his evolutionary drive.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:If America

Vastet wrote:
If America still had the balls for WW3 then you'd already be cracking down on China and you'd have flattened North Korea. You don't, and Israel will fall, and you neither can nor will stop it.

i won't be shedding too many tears.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
Posts: 3359
Joined: 2010-10-17
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Vastet wrote:If

iwbiek wrote:

Vastet wrote:
If America still had the balls for WW3 then you'd already be cracking down on China and you'd have flattened North Korea. You don't, and Israel will fall, and you neither can nor will stop it.

i won't be shedding too many tears.

LOL

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3928
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
So Israel should tell it's

So Israel should tell it's citizens to go without 'their land', food and water or else the Palestinians should kill all the Jews in 'their land'. This way Palestinians that have been told by Allah to overpopulate can survive instead of the Jews that were told by Yahweh to overpopulate.

Then in the next generation after all the Jews are gone, the Palestinians can fight and kill among themselves over the limited resources.

Or the Jews can destroy the Palestinians and take all the resources for themselves.

Then in the next generation the Jews can fight among themselves over the limited resources.

And of course in all this one side is the victim, the other the villain. And of course discussing overpopulation is taboo. War and poverty must go on perpetually....

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
It isn't their land, food,

It isn't their land, food, or water. And not all Palestine is trying to wipe Israel out.
Every time you open your mouth another nugget of sheer ignorance falls out.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3928
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:It isn't their

Vastet wrote:
It isn't their land, food, or water. And not all Palestine is trying to wipe Israel out. Every time you open your mouth another nugget of sheer ignorance falls out.

You're the idiot. You ever heard of quotes('their land')? Do you know what they mean?

Can you fucking read English? Where did I say any of the shit you make up?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:You're the

EXC wrote:
You're the idiot.

When a complete moron calls me an idiot, it actually translates as a compliment, since it proves I'm not a complete moron.

EXC wrote:
You ever heard of quotes('their land')? Do you know what they mean?

There's about 7 billion different interpretations. I don't give a fuck. Israel was givin borders by the UN after WW2. They have illegally seized territory outside those borders and continue to seize territory. If America tried that with Canada or the reverse or any two major nations were in such a scenario it'd be WW3.

EXC wrote:
Can you fucking read English? Where did I say any of the shit you make up?

Far better than you can read or write English. You're the one who makes shit up. Constantly.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.