The Grey with Liam Neeson - A movie with a *huge* Atheist message.

Darrell Cody
User is offlineOffline
The Grey with Liam Neeson - A movie with a *huge* Atheist message.

The Grey was one fiercely anti-mysticism movie.  The most blunt movie I have seen on this subject.  Who else saw it and liked it?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Darrell Cody wrote: The

Darrell Cody wrote:

The Grey was one fiercely anti-mysticism movie.  The most blunt movie I have seen on this subject.  Who else saw it and liked it?

I'll wait till it comes out on DVD. I don't go to movies at all, too many rude people. Other than that I loved him in Shindler's List(always makes me cry when I see it). He is a great actor. Kinda makes me want to see it, but I'll wait.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I thought it was pretty good

I thought that it was pretty good.

When it started and I saw that Neeson's character was going to be this suicidal "Atheist" I first thought : Oh shit, ANOTHER movie about a bitter "Atheist" that will turn into some heroic love/light crap before then end.

I was somewhat pleasantly surprised that it turned out the way it did (I won't spoil it for those who have not seen it) and I enjoyed the poem that Neeson's late father had written and that Neeson seemed to adopt as a code for his life.

All in all, I enjoyed it.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sounds like I want to watch

Sounds like I want to watch it. Be awhile though.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Darrell Cody
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:I

harleysportster wrote:

I thought that it was pretty good.

When it started and I saw that Neeson's character was going to be this suicidal "Atheist" I first thought : Oh shit, ANOTHER movie about a bitter "Atheist" that will turn into some heroic love/light crap before then end.

I was somewhat pleasantly surprised that it turned out the way it did (I won't spoil it for those who have not seen it) and I enjoyed the poem that Neeson's late father had written and that Neeson seemed to adopt as a code for his life.

All in all, I enjoyed it.

Well said, cool cat.  I liked it too.  It has the strangest Film maker's Commentary I have ever heard on the DVD.  Email me to chat, ok?  [email protected].

Darrell Cody