Is Conservapedia a joke site?

MsnBot 9.6
MsnBot 9.6's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is Conservapedia a joke site?

I was browsing teh internetz, when I suddenly stumbled across this site: Conservapedia

It's hilarious.  I spent about 2 hours reading some of the articles.

Is this for real?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, it is real. Also see

Yes, it is real. Also see answers in genesis for more comedic stupidity that extremely stupid theists take very seriously.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unfortunatly yes.

It is just another case of freaks who can not deal with reality, just up and invent a whole new reality.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dickapeadia was my favorite

Dickapeadia was my favorite non-Wiki site but now they are closed for business. I suspect they got bought out.

Chickapedia was a good site for looking up babes but I quit browsing it because a lot of the info was false.

As for Conservapedia, it is a good example of what I call "poo poo head" syndrome.

Remember in Elementary, when kids would say, "My dad can beat up your dad" and the other kid says, "Well your dad is a poo-poo head".

Conservapedia is just a fucking joke for conservatives like Dickapedia was a joke against the rich and famous. It's completely worthless unless you get the humor or believe the hyperbole.

RobbyPants
atheist
RobbyPants's picture
User is offlineOffline
MsnBot 9.6 wrote:I was

MsnBot 9.6 wrote:

I was browsing teh internetz, when I suddenly stumbled across this site: Conservapedia

It's hilarious.  I spent about 2 hours reading some of the articles.

Is this for real?

Sadly, yes, it is real. It's also a joke*, but I don't think the contributers realize that.

From what I've read, despite it being a wiki, it's essentially Andrew Schlafly's blog. If any liberals get in and make edits, they're accused of vandalizing it, despite it being... a wiki. Also, anyone who disagrees with him in the discussion pages will be quickly labeled a "liberal". Once that happens, the person will be completely ignored in discussions, dismissed as having gotted a poor, public school education (as opposed to a good home-school one, like Schafly).

* In addition to being a joke outside of conservative circles, a lot of conservatives don't like the site, or Andrew's approach. He's spearheaded the Conservative Bible Project, which has draw sharp criticism from many conservatives.