christians exacerbate global warming

movin4ward
atheistScience Freak
movin4ward's picture
User is offlineOffline
christians exacerbate global warming

-mass burnings of "satanic" 8 tracks, vinyls, cassette tapes, CDs, DVDs and any other "satanic garb" by christians is just plain ridiculous in so many ways...

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I didn't realize

I didn't realize that they were still engaging in that.

Doesn't surprise me though.

There is a church on every street corner where I currently live and it seems like 99% of the time, they are interjecting into public politics about abortion, same-sex marriage and prayer in the schools.

Sounds like their Utopian vision of the future would be to put us all back in the dark ages, kill homosexuals, and put women back in the kitchen.

I love it when they tout "traditional family values" at the forefront of all their politics.

Oh yeah, they would also like to see creationism taught in the schools. But, thankfully enough, creationism in education is not as big of a headline here as it may be in other places.

North Mississippi, which is only a motorcycle scoot away, is ten times worse when it comes to bible thumpers.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

movin4ward
atheistScience Freak
movin4ward's picture
User is offlineOffline
Strong Arming Power MAD christians

Yup, we'd all be better off if christians could only get a grip and wake the F up.....

I groove anything with an engine and absolutely love all motorcycles (chinas not quite there yet unless that's what they want) therefore I find it cool you like to ride, also I'm interested as to which style and how many CCs  yer hog packs? I'd be tickled pink with an older softail, I'd have a good ol' time in Sturgis and might meet a nice gal who rides- hopefully someday. Currently my toys are the ol' 520 KTM and Z400 quad- being restricted to dirt and sand is OK most of the time but hitting the open road sounds like good therapy for me.

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have owned 2 Road Kings

I have owned 2 Road Kings because I love the looks, but they have shit for brakes, even the 2009 which used brembo brakes. I couldn't wait for an ABS factory setup. The brakes were better than my 01, but not in the area where it counted, emergency braking. But the engine was worlds better.
I will give them a break (pun int) though. I always have multiple bikes and hoping off a Duc onto a Harley touring bike is a huge difference, which I really like doing, but the how to apply the brakes is worlds apart.
I now have a 07 Harley Sporster Roadster and I love it and never lock up the brakes like I did too often on my RKings. It ain't s purty, but has a real high fun factor.
Stable-last three bought new
70 Moto Guzzi Ambassador (original abs drum brakes..they are too weak to lock any wheel lol)
78 BMW R80/7 (gift from wife)
02 Moto Guzzi EV (70k miles all by me)
07 Sportster (love how harleys start up)
10 Ducati Multistada (perfect bike in just about every way)

MG is coming out with a 1400 EV that is tempting me.

I agree these toys are good therapy. I can really chill.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nice selection

ex-min. Like the sound of that Sporty. I have a bit of a thing for the very basic 883 in black right now. Current ride is a Superhawk - 110hp, 192kg. Old now but a fun bike with a lot low down and a great sound.  

Having multiple bikes in Australia is not really possible given the cost of third party insurance and registration. Combined they are close to a grand a year. With 5 bikes that would be eye-watering over multiple years. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

movin4ward
atheistScience Freak
movin4ward's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's always nice to meet a

It's always nice to meet a fellow rider with such a great taste in bikes, granted I need to start getting back out there and spin my wheels like the old me so frequently did. Wow!, Your Wifes gifting of the "beamer" sure was a thoughtful gesture, the fact you still have it after all these years must induce a high sentimental value  - (for me holding such a value is one of the finer things in life, like an aging wine)-  sounds like you found yourself a real keeper!

Despite my recent " holy rollin deconversion induced" lack of riding, the good news to help get me motivated  is that Wa state recently legalized the plating of dirt bikes ("puffin the wheat" 'n' "same sex sleeper wanna tie the knot types" came after) for the street, I could dual sport up the KTM but since it was designed for motocross I'd rather not wind the engine/gearbox so high just to keep up with the flow of traffic. Then again logging roads are all over so I could ride from my house to the forest, I guess only time will tell. I hope that the MG 1400 pans out for you, sounds like a real thumper! Hopefully for me, my next dirt bike will be a Swedish born now KTM owned 2013 FE 501 Husaberg, them things are downright mean n nasty!

I've had several close calls but the last one kinda freaked me out. A pal on a Yami 450yzf mistaked a carved thru sand dune, approached it from the sloped side since a set of tracks led up it. We were playing a game of follow the leader with this here cat being the 2nd in line out of 3 quads. I was right behind him when he went up the illusionally speaking, deceptive dune. An 8' gap was waiting which he plowed neck first into and thankfully I hit the brakes just in time. I would have plowed my quad right into him and who knows how the rider behind me would have reacted. A 3 quad pile up w/ me in the middle couldn't have ended pretty. To this day his neck and back are tweaked and will probably haunt him til its his "dirt nap day". After the wreck we said screw it and headed home. My mom said it was jesus' angels, that they miraculously obeyed gods command and reached down and squeezed the brakes so I'd screech to a halt in time and had I been a non christian I'd surely be dead, severely insulting my riding skills and intelligence all in the same breath. She actually had me believing that an angel or two was constantly sitting on the front of any machinery I am operating. So yes, I agree, "religion kills"- braincells and lots and lots of other things...

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I ride a 1998

I ride a 1998 Harley Davidson Sportster XL 1200 cc. Sadly enough, I did not get one that had the 95th Anniversary edition trim on it. I bought it used and fixed it up.

A bit small to some people, but I am 5 ft 9 in tall and only weigh 145 lbs. So I may be a  bit of a runt, but ask any of the locals that are real deal bikers around here, and they can tell you that I can handle myself pretty well, (well, it might not be me when that happens, it might be Jack Daniels that does it for me) Laughing out loud

Edit : I prefer something that is rather lightweight. Although I have ridden a couple of heavier ones.

My favorite ride that I had was 1976 Shovelhead. I do miss that bike, but it leaked oil something terrible. Ride for ten straight hours and you'd be up to your neck in oil for four or five hours repairing it.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Jakestanley
Jakestanley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Global warming is one of the

Global warming is one of the most serious and difficult issue which we have to deal to with. Before taking any step we should decide what should be real parameters for dealing with this. We are all aware that Co2 is the main cause, but still repeating the same mistakes.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
movin4ward wrote:Despite my

movin4ward wrote:

Despite my recent " holy rollin deconversion induced" lack of riding, the good news to help get me motivated  is that Wa state recently legalized the plating of dirt bikes ("puffin the wheat" 'n' "same sex sleeper wanna tie the knot types" came after) for the street, I could dual sport up the KTM but since it was designed for motocross I'd rather not wind the engine/gearbox so high just to keep up with the flow of traffic. Then again logging roads are all over so I could ride from my house to the forest, I guess only time will tell. I hope that the MG 1400 pans out for you, sounds like a real thumper! Hopefully for me, my next dirt bike will be a Swedish born now KTM owned 2013 FE 501 Husaberg, them things are downright mean n nasty!

I didn't actually fall into the habit of riding until after my deconversion.

My family had pretty much disowned me, and I was renting an upstairs room above a garage from an old graybeard biker that rode hard back in the 60s and 70s.

One thing I grew to like about those old greybeards, is that they had gone through hell and back throughout life, and never seemed to let it get them down.

Anyway, I had been TOLD how to dress and cut my hair, my whole entire life and it was around this time (mid-20s) that I began growing my hair long, growing a beard, got my ears pierced and started getting tats on my arms, shoulders and chest.

Granted while all the trappings of outside appearances may not make the man, it felt good to finally be out from under that yoke of indoctrination of religion that I had been trying to escape for my entire existence.

While I had broken away from the church, the way that I dressed and carried myself, was the way that I had been ingrained from life.

It was almost like a symbolic gesture and a giant middle finger at the past to change over.

― Giordano Bruno