I suck at the "Kill em' with Kindness" thing

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
I suck at the "Kill em' with Kindness" thing

Heya Gang... Havn't been around in a while... thought I'd share a little of my self-indulgent douche baggery, about a tiff I had on Facebook with a few Theists...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jnyEk7TeLY

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
If you want your beliefs

If you want your beliefs respected, get better beliefs

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome back

Well done Rich, we miss you around here.  Now don't complain to us about being "so busy" cleaning up after Sandy,  no one here told you to go live on the Jersey shore; and don't bitch to us that the Jersey shore use to be 3 miles away but now its through your livingroom. Well boo hoo hoo, my maid tripped over my butlers big foot yesterday while trying to get into my limo, now shes sueing me for the cost of her hang nail repair, $10.23; like it was my big foot she tripped on.  See even I have problems, suck it up.

In spite of my problems I will be tuned into your podcast, tomorrow at  7:00 pm gang !!!!!!! that's eastern time zone!!!!!!

[unapologetic plug]

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's good to see you back

It's good to see you back on here again Rich !

That was a great response video.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

In spite of my problems I will be tuned into your podcast, tomorrow at  7:00 pm gang !!!!!!! that's eastern time zone!!!!!!

[unapologetic plug]

http://www.unlearn.tv/

If you are going to do an unapologetic plug you should include the link Sticking out tongue

Or is streamed throughout the week for those of us who seem to always be doing something at 7 pm est on Tuesdays.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Great vid!

Great vid!

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:If you

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

If you want your beliefs respected, get better beliefs

I hate the word "respect". Nothing deserves respect. I like to use the word "value". If what one says can be demonstrated then it should be valued. But the way the word "respect" is abused, it merely means "don't bruise my ego".

Human rights should be valued, not because people's claims should be valued, but because evolution tends to be more peaceful on average when we understand harm, not as a label thing, but something we all wish to avoid.

We increasingly are learning that cooperation vs violence, while both work in evolution, the more we lose the word "respect" and replace it with "value" of the ability to demonstrate something as credible, that can act as a filter and not set up taboos.

I value that which maximizes benefit and reduces harm. I do not "respect" claims even if I value human rights to make any claim an individual may want to make.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awesome video Rich. My only

Awesome video Rich. My only criticism is that I would say "I don't value your claims because the reality of the data seems to point to a selfish selective deadbeat" If we are to pretend such a character existed.

Nothing deserves respect, but the word respect is not a good word to use. It allows someone with an ego to be selfish and self centered.

I like the concept of valuing that which can be demonstrated beyond personal bias.

Your criticisms of this god are totally apt. Here is this idiot, sets up the game, then blames us for the suffering he doesn't have to allow. And then only selectively pays off some people who kiss his ass. It is no different than a dictator or mafia boss.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aw shucks... Thanks gang.

Aw shucks... Thanks gang. The truth is that I've missed this place...it's just been crazy around here....

I see that I no longer have my Silver membership... hmmm... maybe my credit card expired or something. we'll fix that.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nothing wrong with respect

Nothing wrong with respect as long as you always remember it must be earned.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Nothing wrong

Vastet wrote:
Nothing wrong with respect as long as you always remember it must be earned.

If it were not the hollow over abused word it has become, I'd agree. But it is and to me it is a shell of what it should be. It is a meaningless word. Like I said, I value I don't respect. Prove to me something should be valued and I'll accept that position because it has merit.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Rich, gave your link to

Hey Rich, gave your link to the newest kitten barbecuer in my family. My little sister is going to watch it probably sometime today.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
HA! Brian... hope it didn't

HA! Brian... hope it didn't get you stabbed with a BBQ fork.