"Amazing Facts" is credulous crap.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Amazing Facts" is credulous crap.

This morning over a cup of java, I humored myself(more like tortured myself) with this  credulous steamy pile from this group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazing_Facts

Anyhow, no link to the specific video, But the title of it was "The Messiah Mystery". In his speech(of course laden with scientific studies and universal empirical evidence and peer reviewed) "*COUGH! BARF*".

He went through the history of Nobel the guy who invented dynamite, and how an obituary was written about him mistakenly, and the rage of the public because his invention became a military weapon. As a result Nobel created his "Nobel Peace Prize". Those are true facts, fine ok.

Then the idiot like Evil Kanevil attempted to jump the Grand gap canyon, using the non-sequitor between the lives of Nobel and Jesus, as if this was evidence that the bible was fact. As if this makes magic godsperm real and magic babies real and zombie gods real.

That show should be called "Mundane Crap", not "Amazing Facts".

What sickens me about such tripe is how popular it is. These same people who sit in this audience would not buy it if a Muslim said "Arabs invented algebra so therefor Allah is the one true god".

Please "Amazing Facts", stop misusing history to prop up your comic book club. You have a pet super hero, fine, so do other people of other religions. But Nobel existing and regretting the misuses of his invention, does not make any deity real, much less yours.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awww, that brings back

Awww, that brings back memories being a former SDA. I used to watch/listen to that guy then. He had such a soothing voice. It was certainly a contrast from the local preachers and church biddies. Lots of strife, particularly along race issues. Civil rights was big when I was growing up. Same town had a white and black church. American blacks knew not to come in our church, but those from the Caribeean or Africa didn't. The church went ballistic when there was a vote on making one guy an elder. He just got enough votes. It was ugly. I guess that is why the amazing facts guy just seemed like an oasis. I am sure now I would want to do an Elvis to the TV if I watched one show.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Anyhow, no

Brian37 wrote:

Anyhow, no link to the specific video, But the title of it was "The Messiah Mystery". In his speech(of course laden with scientific studies and universal empirical evidence and peer reviewed) "*COUGH! BARF*".

Bunk science is SO irritating to me, I do agree. It is one of the reasons why I can not hardly STAND the damned History channel anymore.

I found a web page that debunks every single claim made from "Ancient Aliens".

But people STILL watch this garbage and will go around saying moronic things like : "Science has PROVEN."

Ugh.

Brian37 wrote:

What sickens me about such tripe is how popular it is. Please "Amazing Facts", stop misusing history to prop up your comic book club. You have a pet super hero, fine, so do other people of other religions. But Nobel existing and regretting the misuses of his invention, does not make any deity real, much less yours.

It is quite sickening. People here this crap on tv and think that constitutes fact because it is on television.

I can't tell you how many debates I have had, where someone will say : "Well, they have already PROVEN (insert bullshit) because I saw it on television the other night.

Or even worse :

"I read it on the Internet, so it has to be true."

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Joe Crews

Here is the old guy I listened to way back. Whew. Memories. Here he argues Christian worshipping on Sunday are not following the ten commandments. They need to worship on Saturday instead if they are true believers. Back then it was so important to me, now it is just a hollow horn and again how Christians continue to divide themselves over the most infinitesimal points. You don't have 41,000 Christian denominations for nothing.

I think this guy is dead now waiting for G-L-O-R-Y, thou good and faithful servant. And a new guy has taken his place. I think they are getting their reward aplenty today. $$$$$

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Anyhow, no link to the specific video, But the title of it was "The Messiah Mystery". In his speech( of course laden with scientific studies and universal empirical evidence and peer reviewed ) "*COUGH! BARF*".

Bunk science is SO irritating to me, I do agree. It is one of the reasons why I can not hardly STAND the damned History channel anymore.

But people STILL watch this garbage and will go around saying moronic things like : "Science has PROVEN."

Ugh.

Brian37 wrote:

What sickens me about such tripe is how popular it is. Please "Amazing Facts", stop misusing history to prop up your comic book club. You have a pet super hero, fine, so do other people of other religions. But Nobel existing and regretting the misuses of his invention, does not make any deity real, much less yours.

It is quite sickening. People here this crap on tv and think that constitutes fact because it is on television.

I can't tell you how many debates I have had, where someone will say : "Well, they have already PROVEN (insert bullshit) because I saw it on television the other night.

Or even worse :

"I read it on the Internet, so it has to be true."

I think you missed my sarcasm. the ( "laden with" ) and the * Caugh, Barf * was sarcasm. This clip I saw was not even close to the psuedo science I see other apologists try, it didn't even have that.

It was just this guy talking about Nobel and his life and trying to parallel it to the life of Jesus. There was NO science, not even apologist sciency sounding crap,  in his speech other than to say that Nobel invented dynamite.

I've seen much more elaborate Jesus meet's si fi crap, than this guy. I saw once a Liberty University professor argue ID with more crap than this guy.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

harleysportster wrote:

I have watched a couple eps of that and I can say I never heard a claim. I heard nothing but mights and maybes and coulds even more than Bush on the Saddam Hussein nuclear weapons threat.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:I have

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

I have watched a couple eps of that and I can say I never heard a claim. I heard nothing but mights and maybes and coulds even more than Bush on the Saddam Hussein nuclear weapons threat.

Your right about that.

What kills me is how many self-proclaimed "television and google intellectuals" I call them, will see those and boldly assert that the Egyptian pyramids were built by aliens and that Akhennaten was influenced by aliens. Most of the people are the type of people that read a couple of pages and will tell me : "Well they have already PROVEN--."

I just find it highly annoying.

Of course, History Channel and even the Science Channel are all about ratings and money, and stuff like that is the kind of thing that apparently people want to hear.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno