Happy New Year Everyone ! ! !

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Happy New Year Everyone ! ! !

Happy New Year Everybody ! !

Any resolutions ?

Mine is to hopefully make it to 2014 being just as wild, crazy and out of control as ever

See all of you in 2013.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Get accepted to grad

Get accepted to grad school.  Hopefully.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
stop being stupid

to stop being stupid

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Happy New Year!!!

My resolutions are simple;  lose weight, quit smoking, get a real job, boff  the wife, if she's not in the mood boff someone else's wife(and not get caught) .   I might even keep one of those resolution for longer then two minutes. Wish me luck.   For the rest of you good luck on your resolutions.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Happy New Year everyone! 

Happy New Year everyone!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
No resolution for me, other

No resolution for me, other than to watch the Skins in a PLAYOFF GAME! Oh and change my avatar sometime soon.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I am certainly looking

Well, I am certainly looking forward to a more fun year. My last chemo treatment is at the end of January. Hoping to feel normal by late February.
I hope in 2013 to get some nice riding again, maybe one long trip. I hope to pick up my game at work, they have been very gracious. Get back to working out, fixing up the house, seeing friends and family a bit more, use my new telescope regularly, read up more on science and technology, find a few things to do I have never done before, do some hiking and kayaking and uh ... oh yeah .... relax Smiling
Happy and healthy New Year, everyone.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Well, I am

ex-minister wrote:
Well, I am certainly looking forward to a more fun year. My last chemo treatment is at the end of January. Hoping to feel normal by late February. I hope in 2013 to get some nice riding again, maybe one long trip. I hope to pick up my game at work, they have been very gracious. Get back to working out, fixing up the house, seeing friends and family a bit more, use my new telescope regularly, read up more on science and technology, find a few things to do I have never done before, do some hiking and kayaking and uh ... oh yeah .... relax Smiling Happy and healthy New Year, everyone.

Bet you'll be glad to be done with that chemo. Keep us posted on that one.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Happy New Year!My New

Happy New Year!

My New Years resolution? I think I am going to change my phone number so no one has it... or maybe throw away my phone altogether. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
ex-minister wrote:Well, I am

ex-minister wrote:
Well, I am certainly looking forward to a more fun year. My last chemo treatment is at the end of January. Hoping to feel normal by late February.

There's something to be happy about!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Happy

Beyond Saving wrote:

Happy New Year!

My New Years resolution? I think I am going to change my phone number so no one has it... or maybe throw away my phone altogether. 

I didn't know anyone wanted your phone number. OUCH! Sorry couldn't resist. Hey, don't feel bad, I get it from my co workers all the time.

Us commie loving welfare queens gotta get our licks in somehow.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:Get accepted to

cj wrote:

Hey, you already have your PHD in geriatrics. Happy New Year CJ and good luck with school, you deserve it.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:cj wrote:Get

Brian37 wrote:

cj wrote:

Hey, you already have your PHD in geriatrics. Happy New Year CJ and good luck with school, you deserve it.

Phoo!

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote: Phoo!I have been

cj wrote:

Phoo!

I have been meaning to ask this for quite some time, (even though it is way off topic here) but who is Ruth M. in the signature that states : "If death isn't sweet oblivion I'll be severely disappointed ?" I even typed that into google and could not find it.

― Giordano Bruno

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Happy New Year everyone

Hope you all had a good one. I was asleep at 9.15pm...

Last year's key goal was to stop smoking when I binge drink. I succeeded in that by August.  

This year's pledge, unsurprisingly, is to stop binge drinking altogether.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:cj

harleysportster wrote:

cj wrote:

Phoo!

I have been meaning to ask this for quite some time, (even though it is way off topic here) but who is Ruth M. in the signature that states : "If death isn't sweet oblivion I'll be severely disappointed ?" I even typed that into google and could not find it.

My mother-in-law.  I doubt it is anywhere on the internet except in my sig here.  She said it one day when we were over to her house for dinner.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Cerorogma
User is offlineOffline
boutique asics

** mod edit SPAM **

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
cj wrote:harleysportster

cj wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

cj wrote:

Phoo!

My mother-in-law.  I doubt it is anywhere on the internet except in my sig here.  She said it one day when we were over to her house for dinner.

No wonder I could not find it. When I put it into google, it resulted in two items, both that lead me here ! Laughing out loud

I liked the Frida Kahlo sig that used to be up here as well. Oddly enough, I put it up on Facebook and got a few "likes" from people that are theists.

― Giordano Bruno

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Last year's key goal was to stop smoking when I binge drink. I succeeded in that by August.  

I had so many doctors lecture me about the dangers of drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes that I made a resolution one year to stop listening to doctors. It has worked quite well.  Smiling

― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

I had so many doctors lecture me about the dangers of drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes that I made a resolution one year to stop listening to doctors. It has worked quite well.  Smiling

LOL, you know, Hitchens would be if he could speak from the afterlife(and of course he cant because no such thing exists) He'd appreciate that joke but he did mention in his late stages before he died that maybe he should have taken it easier. But damn he had a rip roaring good time while he was alive.

I cant talk myself. I smoke and watching football without beer to me is blasphemy.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
A spam post brought this to

A spam post brought this to my attention, might have missed it otherwise. lol

Happy new years!

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

RenewedPoet
Theist
RenewedPoet's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Yeah, I made two

Yeah, I made two resolutions:

I am resolved that whenever I think myself in some way important, that I will pause for a few moments contemplate my position in the cosmic scheme of things; to remember that I am naught more than an inconsequential conscious microbe creeping on the thin surface of one small planet out of an innumerable quantity of planets, many of which I fancy contain other conscious life forms much grander and more worthy than myself, and that even the greatest of these complex creatures are mere trifles compared to the splendidly magnificent cosmos that we dwell in, and that even our cosmos is probably the puniest of a vast array of universes, and that even these are incomparable to the awesomeness of the genius who authored them. In this way I hope to keep in mind God’s graciousness in regarding me, and encourage humility. Psalm 138:6 - “For though the LORD is high, yet he regards the lowly, but the proud he knows from afar.”

I am resolved to never accept a significant claim unless it meets one of the following criteria: 1) the person making the claim is a relation or is generally regarded as a trustworthy person; 2) the claim is backed up by compelling empirical or rational evidence; 3) a previous belief of mine necessitates it; 4) probability favors it. I am also resolved never to accept a doctrine without a thorough examination of the supporting and opposing arguments. Never shall I accept anything because of my emotions. (Notice “significant claim.” Trivial claims—such as someone claiming to have eaten alligator for breakfast—really don’t matter. They usually can be accepted or rejected with little consequence.) 1st Thessalonians 5:21 – “Test all things; hold fast what is good.”

A young man who wishes to remain a sound atheist cannot be too careful of his reading.
C. S. Lewis
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
C. S. Lewis

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Careful not to go too far.

Careful not to go too far. We may all be irrelevant self replicating molecules on a speck of sand on an inconceiveable beach at the cosmic scale, but we're all still unique and amazing creatures that have meaning and impact to and on each other. Who cares if we matter to the universe? All that matters is that we matter to each other.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Careful not to

Vastet wrote:
Careful not to go too far. We may all be irrelevant self replicating molecules on a speck of sand on an inconceiveable beach at the cosmic scale, but we're all still unique and amazing creatures that have meaning and impact to and on each other. Who cares if we matter to the universe? All that matters is that we matter to each other.

that's one of the greatest fucking comments i've ever read on this site.  i'm kicking myself for never thinking of that.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks.

Thanks. Smiling

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I also very much like the

I also very much like the quote, Vastet - I will be sure to say something similar when next asked whether atheists believe life is futile.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
If I never say anything half

If I never say anything half as profound again, I think I can be happy that I got the one out. Smiling