UK moves in the right direction - slowly

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
UK moves in the right direction - slowly

Two stories from the UK:

Christians could be a minority within 6 years, While Atheism increases:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/11/christians-minority-2018-census-analysis

Gay Marriage to become legal:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/dec/11/gay-marriage-quadruple-lock-religious-groups

Getting there.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've made this point

I've made this point previously, that any ideology which does not change over time to fit the needs of society is discarded and forgotten.

Christianity is a prime example of not being what it was thousands of years ago. Over the generations it has had to modify itself to fit the needs of societies demands.

Today however the church is headed in right while society is moving left, thus their problem of loosing customers. The real question is will they continue to decline or will they make changes yet again so they can keep power.

GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:

Two stories from the UK: 

Christians could be a minority within 6 years, While Atheism increases:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/11/christians-minority-2018-census-analysis

Gay Marriage to become legal:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/dec/11/gay-marriage-quadruple-lock-religious-groups

Getting there.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 ZOMG! NEXT THING YOU KNOW

ZOMG! NEXT THING YOU KNOW PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE MARRYING DUCKS!!!! OR THEIR TV! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

GodsUseForAMosquito
User is offlineOffline
 Proof of the end

Proof of the end times...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWNtw8HENlI

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote: ZOMG!

Beyond Saving wrote:

ZOMG! NEXT THING YOU KNOW PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE MARRYING DUCKS!!!! OR THEIR TV! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

And America will have a black president! Oh wait, and re ellected too boot. How about them Jets?

But Marrying ducks? That is just plain sick, besides, it would make my cat jealous.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: How about

Brian37 wrote:

How about them Jets?

Now that is just cruel Brian, going right below the belt. Yeah the world is going to hell, the Jets have a worse record than the Redskins. The Mayans were right, the end of the world is right around the corner. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh Canada..etc.

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

How about them Jets?

Now that is just cruel Brian, going right below the belt. Yeah the world is going to hell, the Jets have a worse record than the Redskins. The Mayans were right, the end of the world is right around the corner. 

......true Patriots love in all thy sons command. With flowing hearts we see thee rise.....etc. Even Canada's national anthem loves St.Thomas of Brady.  St.Thomas took the Texans to the wood shed on Monday, a few weeks ago he took Andrew [bad]Luck  and the colts to the woodshed. Last year it was phenom Tebow TWICE.  [what is Tebow up to now?] Bishop Bela of Chek just doesn't like it when some new phenom come up against his team and it's not that they win but they kick ass just to prove the point.

RGIII doesn't have to play the Pat's this year,  unless they make it to the Super Bowl. I'd like to see that, it's still possible.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

How about them Jets?

HE HE HE! Tell you what, make you a deal, give up your wealth, and your business, support communism and advocate the end of the private sector, then I will root for the Jets.

But if I were a Jets fan, I would wish for the end of the world.

But here is the thing, I don't want the end of the world to come because watching Sancheze(regardless of team) it is always fun to watch a "Come on man" play when you knock yourself down and fumble. DOH!

I forgot which former Redskins QB did this, but after making a touchdown he head butted the wall and gave himself a concussion and knocked himself out of the game.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

GodsUseForAMosquito
User is offlineOffline
 Thread derailment in 5

Thread derailment in 5 posts? New record?!

As OP, and someone who will fairly often derail the odd thread I don't mind.. Links were merely for interest.

I still think Rugby is the real man's game though (well really Hurling > Rugby > American football when Hurling players didn't wear helmets).

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:I

I still think Rugby is the real man's game though (well really Hurling > Rugby > American football when Hurling players didn't wear helmets).

I used to think you were intelligent. Everyone knows that it is an absolute Truth that football is the best sport ever. I'm pretty sure I even have an ancient book around here that says so as proof. If you don't buy the ancient book as evidence I submit to you that football is the most popular sport in the United States of America, which means it is the best because everyone knows that the United States of America is the greatest country in the history of the world and will be the greatest country ever even in a million years. I know this because an American told me and since America is the greatest country ever you can't doubt what an American tells you.

There are some people who will tell you that baseball was the most popular sport in America and therefore the best sport in the world and they continue to hold on to that old belief even though our lord and savior of American sports, John Madden TOLD us that football was "the greatest sport ever". And if you refuse to accept the teachings of John Madden, you deserve to be tortured for eternity by having to watch curling.  

Accept football as your one true sport heretic!

(besides, Brian37 agrees with me and everyone knows that if me and Brian37 agree it must be the absolute Truth.)  

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

I used to think you were intelligent. Everyone knows that it is an absolute Truth that football is the best sport ever. I'm pretty sure I even have an ancient book around here that says so as proof. If you don't buy the ancient book as evidence I submit to you that football is the most popular sport in the United States of America, which means it is the best because everyone knows that the United States of America is the greatest country in the history of the world and will be the greatest country ever even in a million years. I know this because an American told me and since America is the greatest country ever you can't doubt what an American tells you.

There are some people who will tell you that baseball was the most popular sport in America and therefore the best sport in the world and they continue to hold on to that old belief even though our lord and savior of American sports, John Madden TOLD us that football was "the greatest sport ever". And if you refuse to accept the teachings of John Madden, you deserve to be tortured for eternity by having to watch curling.  

Accept football as your one true sport heretic!

(besides, Brian37 agrees with me and everyone knows that if me and Brian37 agree it must be the absolute Truth.)  

Yea ok, you are not Bob Dole on the senate floor and any agreements we have are tenuous and strained at best.

John Madden, FYI IS NOT our lord and Savior, Howard Cosel was a prophet long before and Criss Burman is far more intertaining. John was a tecnocrat and DID know the game, but I wouldn't hang out with him at a sports bar to watch a game.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Yea ok, you

Brian37 wrote:

Yea ok, you are not Bob Dole on the senate floor and any agreements we have are tenuous and strained at best.

John Madden, FYI IS NOT our lord and Savior, Howard Cosel was a prophet long before and Criss Burman is far more intertaining. John was a tecnocrat and DID know the game, but I wouldn't hang out with him at a sports bar to watch a game.

Man, the religion only existed for five hours and already we have two different denominations... time to launch the Crusades!

GodsUseForAMosquito
User is offlineOffline
You guys are crazy.I haven't

You guys are crazy.

I haven't read any of your book but I know for sure that my book is the one true book on hard sports. I know this because it says it in my book. That's an objective statement; you obviously do not understand simple logic.

Think about it like this: What happened before Football? Nothing, right, but something can't come from nothing, so by logic stuff, Football must have come from Rugby, which was around and the objective standard even before it existed.

Rugby started on dinosaurs, then was played on Noah's arc with ostrich eggs to pass the time. When Jonah Lomu played against Wales, was he not engulfed by their forwards? 

And Verily, Jonny Wilkinson kicks balls far far further than any of your nancy boys, and possesses a wicked hard tackle which means he can join in the rest of the game too rather than just sit around for 98% of the game while still getting an eye-watering salary.

And lo, was it not written that TV ads would not get in the way of watching the game? And there is more than 5 seconds of actual play at a time?  

Is it not written, in the Rugby Rule book, that pads are for girls with periods?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
GodsUseForAMosquito

Proof of the end times...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWNtw8HENlI

Private video

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
GodsUseForAMosquito

Damn lag. Dup post.

GodsUseForAMosquito
User is offlineOffline
 http://www.youtube.com/watc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD7UCNYnp3o - (not same vid but same guy) sorry bout that