Charlie Sheen was the sane one

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Charlie Sheen was the sane one

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/26/a-religious-tirade-against-two-and-a-half-men-from-the-star-of-two-and-a-half-men/

Not that I don't think an atheist would be incapable of reaching the same level of hypocrisy, but really, that would be like a priest in some mega-church making a commercial for the RRS, in which he renounces religion as "bad for you", and then just going to work to preach the very next day....and getting away with it. 

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Must of gotten into

Must of gotten into Charlie's stash

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 yeah I saw this story- my

yeah I saw this story- my first thought was that just like Charlie Sheen, Angus Jones fit the role because all he had to do was show up and be himself- a stupid kid. 

In all fairness in regards to the hypocrisy charge the story I read implied that religion was a newly found thing for him and since he is what? 18? 19? Somewhere around there-so that is pretty believable. And being a minor when the show started it isn't like he was in a position to really choose what kind of show he was going to be on. We'll see what he does when the contracts have to be signed next spring, then I think it would be appropriate to label him a hypocrite.  

My second thought was that he realized Two and a Half Men is a sinking ship since Charlie left and will do anything to get the hell out of there. People tend to turn to religion when their lives go to shit and it doesn't take a genius to realize that his job for the last 10 years getting paid $300k+ an episode isn't going to last long, so maybe the stress of going from making $7 million a year to nothing caused it. 

Then again, perhaps he is just a stupid kid rebelling against his parents as kids tend to do and the show being such an integral part of his teenage life is the center of the rebellion. Some kids go drinking, partying, get knocked up/knock someone up, others find religious cults. Considering that his work on the show since he was a kid is probably the main means of support for his entire family I don't think it is so far fetched that he is sick of supporting them and is rebelling. Maybe he doesn't even like acting but just felt as a teenager there was no way for him to get out- how do you tell your parents that you want to quit your job when they are living on your millions and you are only 14? 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another Kirk Cameron

Another Kirk Cameron, desperate to get something going before the show is taken off of the air. Perhaps someone like Ray Comfort got to him. We can debate them on the next nightline in a few years when the kid gets older.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:In all

Beyond Saving wrote:

In all fairness in regards to the hypocrisy charge the story I read implied that religion was a newly found thing for him and since he is what? 18? 19? Somewhere around there-so that is pretty believable. And being a minor when the show started it isn't like he was in a position to really choose what kind of show he was going to be on. We'll see what he does when the contracts have to be signed next spring, then I think it would be appropriate to label him a hypocrite.  

My second thought was that he realized Two and a Half Men is a sinking ship since Charlie left and will do anything to get the hell out of there. People tend to turn to religion when their lives go to shit and it doesn't take a genius to realize that his job for the last 10 years getting paid $300k+ an episode isn't going to last long, so maybe the stress of going from making $7 million a year to nothing caused it. 

Then again, perhaps he is just a stupid kid rebelling against his parents as kids tend to do and the show being such an integral part of his teenage life is the center of the rebellion. Some kids go drinking, partying, get knocked up/knock someone up, others find religious cults. Considering that his work on the show since he was a kid is probably the main means of support for his entire family I don't think it is so far fetched that he is sick of supporting them and is rebelling. Maybe he doesn't even like acting but just felt as a teenager there was no way for him to get out- how do you tell your parents that you want to quit your job when they are living on your millions and you are only 14? 

I just watched the first part of that vid as well. Turns out his folks put him in christian schools since kindergarten, so what exactly he might be rebelling against, I'm not entirely sure.

It also turns out that the last decision to sign on for another year (instead of going to college) was also his.

And get this : He talked it over with a good friend of his, who advised him to do it for the money.

At which point Angus decided  that it wasn't his friend talking, it was GOD. Seriously.

So yeah.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bullshit. If he is feeling

Bullshit. If he is feeling so guilty he should give back all the fucking money.

I stopped watching after Charlie Sheen left. I don't even watch the re-runs with Charlie Sheen.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:People

Beyond Saving wrote:

People tend to turn to religion when their lives go to shit and it doesn't take a genius to realize that his job for the last 10 years getting paid $300k+ an episode isn't going to last long, so maybe the stress of going from making $7 million a year to nothing caused it. 

cry me a fuckin' river.  let me make $300k every 2 years and, barring a catastrophe, i'll be ready to retire here in eastern slovakia by 45.  that would even include a modest increase in my standard of living, and plenty of fiscal room to have at least one more child (i have one already).

you know why i love rick moranis?  he never makes movies anymore.  why?  he became hugely successful in the late '80s/early '90s, made a shit-ton of money, decided to live well rather than lavishly, and promptly retired.  from what i've heard, he still lives well.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

Another Kirk Cameron, desperate to get something going before the show is taken off of the air. Perhaps someone like Ray Comfort got to him. We can debate them on the next nightline in a few years when the kid gets older.

Kirk went xian crazy at the end of his growing pains stint as well.  He objected to certain scripts based on moral grounds.  It ended the show... another danger of religion.. ruining your career and the career of others.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:Kirk went xian

Sapient wrote:

Kirk went xian crazy at the end of his growing pains stint as well.  He objected to certain scripts based on moral grounds.  It ended the show... another danger of religion.. ruining your career and the career of others.

It'll turn into a new trend. When your a child star, rather than disappear when your tv show goes into the toilet, find religion and get a new tv outlet. There is big bucks in religion, money to be made, and gullible people trying to buy their way into heaven every minute.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Of course he could always

Of course he could always take the path of Macaulay Culkin