Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The stupidity

of civilization is directly equal and proportional to the amount of time it's existed, and, the squares that founded it.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:of

Old Seer wrote:

of civilization is directly equal and proportional to the amount of time it's existed, and, the squares that founded it.

What do you mean ?

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:Old

harleysportster wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

What do you mean ?

You need to look up Pythagoras Hypotenuse rule. Im forget exactly what but it's something like this.  The hypotenuse is equal and directly proportional to the sum id the 2 sides squared. The hypotenuse is the long side of a triangle. The formula is used to come up with the length of the long side of the angle, or, hypotenuse.

I seen this also at a warehouse one time. --- the work done here is directly proportional and equal to the sum of the 2 squares that work here.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I don't see how this is

I don't see how this is either a failure of "our" culture (whose culture are we talking about? Western culture? Seems a success of the culture since it spread to South Korea. Or the world culture? Pop culture?) Nor do I see it as a demonstration of stupidity. I think it is pretty fucking incredible that humans have found ways to communicate with people literally on the other side of the world to share and relate to each other through music.

I think this video is symbolic of cultural success and intelligence. If you can watch that video without at least cracking a bit of a smile you need to remove the stick from your ass. Rocking out Gangnam Style with Psy is a lot better than killing each other. If only we could spread this kind of culture to those losers who wrap their women head to toe, chop peoples heads off, stone people and have a fetish for large explosions.    

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: I

Beyond Saving wrote:

I don't see how this is either a failure of "our" culture (whose culture are we talking about? Western culture? Seems a success of the culture since it spread to South Korea. Or the world culture? Pop culture?) Nor do I see it as a demonstration of stupidity. I think it is pretty fucking incredible that humans have found ways to communicate with people literally on the other side of the world to share and relate to each other through music.

I think this video is symbolic of cultural success and intelligence. If you can watch that video without at least cracking a bit of a smile you need to remove the stick from your ass. Rocking out Gangnam Style with Psy is a lot better than killing each other. If only we could spread this kind of culture to those losers who wrap their women head to toe, chop peoples heads off, stone people and have a fetish for large explosions.    

I'd have to say that I definitely agree with you there.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
The reason this

Beyond Saving wrote:

kind of thing is interesting to me is---have a looksee at the documentary - Zeitgeist on netflix if you have it.

My look at history shows me that the longer any civilization goes on the nuttier it becomes. Not to complain---just an observation.

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:You need to

Old Seer wrote:

You need to look up Pythagoras Hypotenuse rule. Im forget exactly what but it's something like this.  The hypotenuse is equal and directly proportional to the sum id the 2 sides squared. The hypotenuse is the long side of a triangle. The formula is used to come up with the length of the long side of the angle, or, hypotenuse.

I seen this also at a warehouse one time. --- the work done here is directly proportional and equal to the sum of the 2 squares that work here.

Interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibkR4PHpylg

This applies to triangles and more or less equals out to a^2+b^2= c^2

Where does this tie in to society and stupidity ?

― Giordano Bruno

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I merely

harleysportster wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibkR4PHpylg

This applies to triangles and more or less equals out to a^2+b^2= c^2

Where does this tie in to society and stupidity ?

interjected a smarty.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:Beyond Saving

Old Seer wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

kind of thing is interesting to me is---have a looksee at the documentary - Zeitgeist on netflix if you have it.

My look at history shows me that the longer any civilization goes on the nuttier it becomes. Not to complain---just an observation.

Yes, I am familiar with all of Peter Joseph's work. It is unfortunately rather popular among atheists proving that atheists can be as irrational as theists and just as lazy researching facts. Calling Zeitgeist a "documentary" is rather generous. Joseph makes Michael Moore look like a stickler for facts. 

I assume by "nuttier" you are referring to the loosening of moral standards, more flamboyance, over indulgence in luxuries/drugs etc that seems to have occurred in several large cultures? I would argue that it has far less to do with time and far more to do with wealth. The US is not an old culture by any definition. Simply put, people who don't have to work their lives away and have disposable income participate in activities and support activities that you consider nutty- like pop music, silly dances, hedonism and an obsession with reality tv.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:interjected a

Old Seer wrote:

interjected a smarty.

Well I'll be damn. Laughing out loud

Who'd have thought ?

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
(Kinda Subject)

(Kinda Subject)

Op Op Op Op Op Oppa Gungnam Style

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:(Kinda

danatemporary wrote:

(Kinda Subject)

Op Op Op Op Op Oppa Gungnam Style

Laughing out loud

― Giordano Bruno

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
 And RRS finally becomes

And RRS finally becomes just another website showing photos of cats.

Had to happen eventually.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
those cats are not fucking

those cats are not fucking funny and they never were.  neither are "de-motivational posters," meme faces, or expressions like "pwn" and "you'll shit bricks."  god-damn, i fucking hate memes.  they're the pop music of the hipster generation.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Please take it up with the OP

Heads up to any "cat lovers" among us!! If you have a problem,  take it up with the OP.  Characteristically some threads are somewhat starved for intellectual content. And that is fine  or it least it was,.  That is in direct response to 'her' video. Again, Take it up with someone else! I am glad the board has such serious minded  individuals engaged in the development of this board though. Btw, Anything that could be described as the most watched YouTube video .. what  did you expect ?

p.p.s. -- We all try to accommodate one another as best we can, you will learn,  if you've been around a  while.

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
 My comment was also in

My comment was also in response to the failure of our culture.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I was merely

Beyond Saving wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Yes, I am familiar with all of Peter Joseph's work. It is unfortunately rather popular among atheists proving that atheists can be as irrational as theists and just as lazy researching facts. Calling Zeitgeist a "documentary" is rather generous. Joseph makes Michael Moore look like a stickler for facts. 

I assume by "nuttier" you are referring to the loosening of moral standards, more flamboyance, over indulgence in luxuries/drugs etc that seems to have occurred in several large cultures? I would argue that it has far less to do with time and far more to do with wealth. The US is not an old culture by any definition. Simply put, people who don't have to work their lives away and have disposable income participate in activities and support activities that you consider nutty- like pop music, silly dances, hedonism and an obsession with reality tv.

forwarding a fact that the Smurfs see. History has it that we (once again) are correct. The longer a civilization exists the more senseless and idiotic it becomes, that is simple history. The more inventions---the more the people become a victim to those inventions. It also stands---the more wealthy the more senseless also. Civilization is founded on animal principals. Intellect and animalism is a danger to the one with intellect, and all others. History has spoken. Civilization is a process of turning everything that's immoral to being moral---until the immoral become the moral---and --then we can all kiss our asses goodbye---self destruction, because the immoral becomes the reality. The Roman empire is the most outstanding of these facts. Mr. Hitler and gang is another example. Mr. Cheney and Mr. Bushes senseless wars are another. Endless war has now become moral. Zeitgiest is in progress, the sign of the times.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
I actually agree with your position on Foz in the other thread:

GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:

My comment was also in response to the failure of our culture.

Dont sweat it.  I am not the least bit upset about the kitty remark.  If you have a moment, on Fonzie's  übber-Thread although. I think your assessment is very correct and he is closed to having any meaningfully communicative interactions, through no-one's fault but his alone. So I do not plan on talking to him (no promises mind you). And though I cannot 'take back' any of these remarks about Fonzie. I think your position on Foz  is a right position wholeheartedly, in the last 48 hours. I do.  And, Unlike JesusLovesYou, I am sure your can remember basically what you said in that thread in the last 2 days. Which has my support at this point. All of that said, I did however post a final remark to conclude "my remarks" (just so that you know) Smiling

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:  Heads

danatemporary wrote:

Heads up to any "cat lovers" among us!! If you have a problem,  take it up with the OP.  Characteristically some threads are somewhat starved for intellectual content. And that is fine  or it least it was,.  That is in direct response to 'her' video. Again, Take it up with someone else! I am glad the board has such serious minded  individuals engaged in the development of this board though. Btw, Anything that could be described as the most watched YouTube video .. what  did you expect ?

p.p.s. -- We all try to accommodate one another as best we can, you will learn,  if you've been around a  while.

lol, Dana just so you know I love you and your sense of humor and even your sense of humour. 

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
You're Aces w/ me too . . .

re:: You're Aces w/ me too.

BeyondSaving,

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
nothin' personal to dana, i

nothin' personal to dana, i just don't think the whole internet cat thing is funny.  sorry.  that's not the first time i've expressed that either, so i'm not just trying to pick on dana.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Submitted by iwbiek so It is alright to say . . . .

Quote:
..nothin' personal to dana, i just don't think the whole internet cat thing is funny.  sorry.  that's not the first time i've expressed that either . .

When I was alittle younger, and was reading more often, I always enjoyed Wodehouse, while others enjoy the physical comedy of slap-stick. To each his own. Most can appreciate both, while favoring one over the other.  As for animals, Some people are quite baffled by the interest in cats, so I can understand. And, That is alright to say and I do understand why anything that has been done to death can get old real quick or perhaps you dont go for that sort of thing. Everyone's special little treasure is just someone else's nameless cat.

I can to sympathize, I remember looking at some student's photo album once and the response it generated when each and everyone spending 3/4 of an hour looking a nameless faces of groups of people they didnt know. Sufficed to say, with what filled the room by reactions, I think it would be the only real antidote for these people who is insist on dozens and dozens of roles of film while on vacation (shutter-bugs). But, Please, Feel you can say anything, this is Dana. Most often I  obstinately refused to be treated any different from anyone else. So, It is fine to say it.

If you've observed, Cats have proportionally large eyes, small snouts and are in a real sense an exaggerated "baby's face". So, Naturally the women folk can and do get a little silly about them. This is something hardwired in our response to these features as a special outgrowth of our evolutionary path (as you already know). My great Aunt's neighbor had 47 cats. But, She was becoming a head case  due to her being attack by an intruder in the back of her house at one point.  

P.s. -- I only have two Smiling