Crazy Pastors

tashaudio
User is offlineOffline
Crazy Pastors

I Have a Friend Who is a Pastor We Used to Argued about The Bible And God Existence With No Problems Whatsoever Then one Day he Came to Work All Upset and This is What He Said To    Me , Hey Troy You Know We Have Been Good Friends For a Longtime But Lastnight i Spoke with God And He Told Me Not To Argue With You Anymore But We Can Still Be Friends. The Thing is I Argued With Lots of Pastors Before and None of Them Never Told Me That, So i Guest God Told Him Alone. lol lol

jdude15 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Re: Crazy Pastors

My friend, sadly, there are many Christians who will say things like "I spoke to God" or "God told me", but these claims are faulty and are not aligned with God's Word. As a true born-again Christian, I am trying to be as respectful as I can be, but at the same time, this needs to be cleared up. When you hear someone say that they have actually talked to God, there are two possibe reasons (that I can think of) why they might be making claims like that:

1. The first possible reason is they are simply confusing prayer with "speaking to God". When we, as Christians, pray to God, in a way, we are talking to Him, just not directly and not in the way that we communicate with fellow human beings. Except in Old Testament times, the Bible makes no mention of God ever communicating to us directly. Our relationship to God is spiritual, not physical. It is beyond our ability to comprehend, but if you choose to believe, God will enable you to understand.

2. The other possible reason is that maybe these people are just plain crazy. I don't deny that there are some religious people ("religious" people are not necessarily true Christians) who believe that God talks to them, literally. But that is very unbiblical.

I trust that this has cleared things up for you.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
jdude15 wrote: My friend,

jdude15 wrote:

My friend, sadly, there are many Christians who will say things like "I spoke to God" or "God told me", but these claims are faulty and are not aligned with God's Word. As a true born-again Christian, I am trying to be as respectful as I can be, but at the same time, this needs to be cleared up. When you hear someone say that they have actually talked to God, there are two possibe reasons (that I can think of) why they might be making claims like that:

1. The first possible reason is they are simply confusing prayer with "speaking to God". When we, as Christians, pray to God, in a way, we are talking to Him, just not directly and not in the way that we communicate with fellow human beings. Except in Old Testament times, the Bible makes no mention of God ever communicating to us directly. Our relationship to God is spiritual, not physical. It is beyond our ability to comprehend, but if you choose to believe, God will enable you to understand.

2. The other possible reason is that maybe these people are just plain crazy. I don't deny that there are some religious people ("religious" people are not necessarily true Christians) who believe that God talks to them, literally. But that is very unbiblical.

I trust that this has cleared things up for you.

We have several christians active on the board right now who claim to speak to god.

Maybe you could explain this to them, cause they're not about to take it from us.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

tashaudio wrote:

I Have a Friend Who is a Pastor We Used to Argued about The Bible And God Existence With No Problems Whatsoever Then one Day he Came to Work All Upset and This is What He Said To    Me , Hey Troy You Know We Have Been Good Friends For a Longtime But Lastnight i Spoke with God And He Told Me Not To Argue With You Anymore But We Can Still Be Friends. The Thing is I Argued With Lots of Pastors Before and None of Them Never Told Me That, So i Guest God Told Him Alone. lol lol

You might inquire as to the manner of speaking. Hearing actual words is not acceptable to the hierarchy of any cult. Who knows what the voice might tell him to do next.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

jdude15 wrote:

My friend, sadly, there are many Christians

Less than 24 hours ago you said you were leaving and promised not to return.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, dear.

jdude15 wrote:

Our relationship to God is spiritual, not physical. It is beyond our ability to comprehend, but if you choose to believe, God will enable you to understand.

What a crock of pony poo this is. "If you choose to believe, god will enable you to understand". 

I'm going to acknowledge this as ad hominem and plagiarism in advance, jdude. I doubt the contents of your skull would cover a small water biscuit. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

movin4ward
atheistScience Freak
movin4ward's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm fortunate that 12 years

I'm fortunate that 12 years ago, albeit I still remained a christian the next 10 years, it was proven to me that Gods voice was of my own design. I was about to receive medical results as to whether I was terminal or not. "God" told me very firmly and clearly that I would not be terminal and I felt comforted and convinced I would be A OK. The phone call came and it was revealed to me that in fact I was terminal. After that I never allowed god to speak to me for fear it was just me. Thank god I pulled my head out of my ass and realized that I needed help and that god is a delusional myth...