My neighbour is banging rather loudly right now

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
My neighbour is banging rather loudly right now

She probably went to the bar earlier to pick up some guy and now they're going at it while I'm trying to play video games kinda hard with what I assume to be the bed moving back and forth through the walls.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
so get up at 4 or 5 a.m., go

so get up at 4 or 5 a.m., go to the adjacent wall, and start hanging pictures.  lots of them.  hopefully the studs are made of some hardwood like oak, so you'll really have to pound the fuck out of the nails.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Next time they start

Next time they start depriving you of peace and quite get a handgun and start firing through the walls.   It may take a couple of magazines to actually wound / kill them but in the end it will be worth it.   Or you could use ear plugs to block the noise of their humping.  Whatever works for you.

TonyZXT
atheist
TonyZXT's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is she hot?  If so, don't

Is she hot?  If so, don't look at it as nuisance... but a fapportunity!  

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
TonyZXT wrote:Is she hot?

TonyZXT wrote:

I'm a girl

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
“David Mabus”, Dennis Markuze just called me a . . .

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

TonyZXT wrote:

I'm a girl 

The “David Mabus”, Dennis Markuze just called me a 'Hot Atheist B*tch' (not even joking). We live in strange times.

TonyZXT
atheist
TonyZXT's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:TonyZXT

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

TonyZXT wrote:

I'm a girl

Uhhh, yeah... I've been around since the blasphemy challenge days, so I know you're a girl.... it was a joke.  Just 'cause you're a girl doesn't mean you can't be attracted to hot women.  Most straight girls I've been with have been.  Some of the hotter women turned them on at least a little.  

"They always say the same thing; 'But evolution is only a theory!!' Which is true, I guess, and it's good they say that I think, it gives you hope that they feel the same about the theory of Gravity and they might just float the f**k away."

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
TonyZXT wrote:Cpt_pineapple

TonyZXT wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

TonyZXT wrote:

I'm a girl

Uhhh, yeah... I've been around since the blasphemy challenge days, so I know you're a girl.... it was a joke.  Just 'cause you're a girl doesn't mean you can't be attracted to hot women.  Most straight girls I've been with have been.  Some of the hotter women turned them on at least a little.  

And considering the Cpt's choice in avatars I don't think that is a giant leap. I think she is just jealous, or perhaps dealing with a little bit of self recrimination for what goes through her head. It isn't like there is anyone who has ever lived in an apartment or had a roommate that hasn't heard their neighbors going at it. Most of us have no problems ignoring it and going on with our lives. I think there are deeper issues at work here. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

TonyZXT
atheist
TonyZXT's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:TonyZXT

Beyond Saving wrote:

TonyZXT wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

TonyZXT wrote:

I'm a girl

And considering the Cpt's choice in avatars I don't think that is a giant leap. I think she is just jealous, or perhaps dealing with a little bit of self recrimination for what goes through her head. It isn't like there is anyone who has ever lived in an apartment or had a roommate that hasn't heard their neighbors going at it. Most of us have no problems ignoring it and going on with our lives. I think there are deeper issues at work here. 

I know what you're saying, but I think it's easier for some to be free and open about sex and dealing with the opposite sex than it is for others.  I read Cap's thread on trying to get a guys attention and I think I get where she's coming from.  It's not easy to come out and say, look I don't know how to make my move.  So that was brave, and I think she just needs time to get the whole social dynamics and relationships thing figured out.  I'm not trying to come off as attacking or psycho-analyze someone... maybe want to say loosen up a little.  For someone (especially a girl) who has trouble with flirting or getting someones attention.... that's usually 80% of it.  I've been kind of the go to guy for relationship advice/dating guru for friends, acquaintances, co-workers, perfect strangers in bars and online for a long time now... to the point that I've been writing to start my own blog.  So I have a teeny bit insight into all this.   

"They always say the same thing; 'But evolution is only a theory!!' Which is true, I guess, and it's good they say that I think, it gives you hope that they feel the same about the theory of Gravity and they might just float the f**k away."

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Yes, I'm alone and sexually

Yes, I'm alone and sexually frustrated. That's why I pretended to be drunk a while back, as an excuse to post sexually driven topics and try to brush it off. When that backfired so I guess I'm back to the more subtile topics.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Yes, I'm

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Yes, I'm alone and sexually frustrated. That's why I pretended to be drunk a while back, as an excuse to post sexually driven topics and try to brush it off. When that backfired so I guess I'm back to the more subtile topics.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Patience is learned, especially with patience drills ., .

Beyond Saving wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Pull out your college text books, brush them off and they speak of phases in life, undoubtedly you had one of those f**ing classes. Btw, I am a single individual so I can relate if only in part. But I am put through perpetual patience drills; over time you learn patience 

TonyZXT
atheist
TonyZXT's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Yes, I'm

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Well that could be taken a couple different ways, so I'll respond to how I think you meant it.  Listen, even though I've gotten to the place where I understand relationships, dating, and the chase pretty damn well, my situation is not very conducive to a relationship at the moment.  It's not that I don't want that... I do, but it would take someone who's very understanding of circumstances right now, so to avoid likely disappointment I'm just not trying.  Point being, I know exactly what it means to be alone and frustrated, even if it is technically by my choice.  I know I could go find a booty call any time... I'm just not feelin' it.

Is it just that you're not sure how to get a guy's interest or....?  If you want to talk about it that is.  Honestly if you are having trouble in that area, it's probably largely in how you're thinking about the whole situation and I'm sure I could give you some helpful pointers.  If I'm bein' too personal just tell me to STFU, I can take it.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
cap is not sexually

cap is not sexually frustrated, nor is she a misanthrope, nor is she a dyke, nor has she ever been drunk or pretended to be drunk for some profound reason.  cap is an attention whore.

i still don't understand why anyone here responds to any of her threads in a remotely serious way. 

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I'm more than an attention

I'm more than an attention whore my friend. I'm also a drama queen, a loudmouth.

I don't think I've created a serious discussion in a couple years. Or at least a completely serious discussion.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I don't think I've created a serious discussion in a couple years. Or at least a completely serious discussion.

Wait, that's not true. I've created lots of topics with news articles or whatever, it's that nobody pays attention to them and you know how much I love attention.

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
How to attract a mate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM_oUJAhKsI

Though maybe this only applies to males. Also see bees.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's so much nicer when you're just

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Wait, that's not true. I've created lots of topics with news articles or whatever, it's that nobody pays attention to them and you know how much I love attention.

flat out honest and fuck the consequences. We're all a wee bit self focused at times. The human condition. Yeah. Single here, too, so I get the tension. In fact I'm so far up the wall there are handprints on the ceiling. 

Hope you find what you're looking for. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
I believe if you are happy

I believe if you are happy with yourself then the "grass is greener" on the other side doesn't have any affect on you. People having sex in the other apartment will become only background noise. You won't be thinking "I want to be getting fucked really hard right now, just like she is".