Meat eating might have made us human, sorry peta/vegetarians. Not.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Meat eating might have made us human, sorry peta/vegetarians. Not.

Anthropologist Finds Evidence of Hominin Meat Eating 1.5 Million Years Ago: Eating Meat May Have 'Made Us Human'
ScienceDaily (Oct. 3, 2012) — A skull fragment unearthed by anthropologists in Tanzania shows that our ancient ancestors were eating meat at least 1.5 million years ago, shedding new light into the evolution of human physiology and brain development.

"Meat eating has always been considered one of the things that made us human, with the protein contributing to the growth of our brains," said Charles Musiba, Ph.D., associate professor of anthropology at the University of Colorado Denver, who helped make the discovery. "Our work shows that 1.5 million years ago we were not opportunistic meat eaters, we were actively hunting and eating meat."

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

As to your new one, I have always preferred M1 Carbine Enforcer model as very much easier to control but still using a rifle cartridge.

I haven't fallen into your state of physical frailty, hence controlling a weapon's recoil while maintaining accuracy is not a problem.  Plus I thought you would have "appreciated" a weapon ( Galil ARM ) that was fielded by the evil Zionists.   Phfft, Whatever.

It is not an issue of recoil or control. It is a matter of unnecessary weight and size for an urban environment where ranges rarely exceed 30 yards. The Enforcer gives a rifle cartridge in the size and weight envelop of a MAC9 or Uzi if you wish but is eminently more controllable than either. The basic design has been battle tested from Pacific jungles to Korean winters and was the pride and joy of the Baltimore PD during the gang wars.

I haven't much good about the jewish copy of the AK-47s.

As to your favorite criminals, the objective of Zionism always required expulsion and murder to achieve which is all I observed. I would certainly call that criminal. But give them credit for accomplishing that intrinsically Jewish conspiracy proving once and for all there are jewish conspiracies and for very big stakes and murder is no hinderence to their acccomplishment.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:It is not

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

It is not an issue of recoil or control. It is a matter of unnecessary weight and size for an urban environment where ranges rarely exceed 30 yards. The Enforcer gives a rifle cartridge in the size and weight envelop of a MAC9 or Uzi if you wish but is eminently more controllable than either. The basic design has been battle tested from Pacific jungles to Korean winters and was the pride and joy of the Baltimore PD during the gang wars.

Why should I care what your opinion of any particular firearm is any more than I truthfully care what your "proper definition" of any particular word is ?   God  you're a fucking narcissist.

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
As to your favorite criminals...

no, actually they're your favorite criminals  

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
...the objective of Zionism always required expulsion and murder to achieve which is all I observed. I would certainly call that criminal. But give them credit for accomplishing that intrinsically Jewish conspiracy proving once and for all there are jewish conspiracies and for very big stakes and murder is no hinderence to their acomplishment.

Seriously, I don't give a shit about Zionism or a "Jewish conspiracy" or any of the crap that you've obviously devoted your entire life to.   Frankly, this flame war you were going to unleash upon me has become redundant and boring.  You can talk to your self, now.  LOL.

Bye !

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:God 

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

God  you're a fucking narcissist

+1,000

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Why should I care what your opinion of any particular firearm is any more than I truthfully care what your "proper definition" of any particular word is ?   God  you're a fucking narcissist.

Because you are posting in public you "should." That you do not care about using words correctly is a separate issue.

Quote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
As to your favorite criminals...

no, actually they're your favorite criminals 

Yet you introduced them into this discussion out of no where. And you compounded it with the Galil and referred to it as other than a knock off of the real thing. 

Quote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:
...the objective of Zionism always required expulsion and murder to achieve which is all I observed. I would certainly call that criminal. But give them credit for accomplishing that intrinsically Jewish conspiracy proving once and for all there are jewish conspiracies and for very big stakes and murder is no hinderence to their acomplishment.

Seriously, I don't give a shit about Zionism or a "Jewish conspiracy"

In the matter of Zionism and the complaints about Britain reneging on the Balfour Declaration the quotation marks are grossly misleading. They are proudly declared as accomplishments by the conspirators themselves. In fact adherence to Zionism as an ideology is a political litmus test in the emerging fascist Israel.

Quote:
or any of the crap that you've obviously devoted your entire life to.   Frankly, this flame war you were going to unleash upon me has become redundant and boring.  You can talk to your self, now.  LOL.

It was your flame war and I assume those who observed your opening are still curious as to what set you off. I guess it is a Shetel thing.

Quote:
                            Bye !

Shalom

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

iwbiek wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

God  you're a fucking narcissist

+1,000

If I don't who could? Besides, better than an impotent narcissist.

www.ussliberty.org

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
"Jews stole the land. The

"Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml"

Prozac introduced it "out of nowhere" my ass. Your sig is like a guy walking around with visible explosives strapped to your chest and wondering why everyone around him is acting nervous.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:"Jews stole

jcgadfly wrote:

"Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

Prozac introduced it "out of nowhere" my ass. Your sig is like a guy walking around with visible explosives strapped to your chest and wondering why everyone around him is acting nervous.

why anybody wants that flea-ridden shithole is beyond me.

your ilk drove the jews out of poland, giwer.  where the fuck you want 'em to go now?  mass graves?

you people didn't want 'em in warsaw, krakow, lodz, now you don't fuckin' want 'em in jerusalem.  christ.  if someone said to me, "who do you want out?  jews or pollacks?  you gotta pick one," i'm sorry, but i don't think i'd deliberate long.

throw out jews, you throw out spinoza, kafka, martin buber, einstein, carl sagan, hannah arendt, saul bellow, chaim potok, philip roth, bob dylan, leonard cohen, sammy cahn, neil diamond, carole king, gerry goffin, gene simmons, rick rubin, ramblin' jack elliott, simon and garfunkel, mel brooks, the beastie boys, the coen brothers, dustin hoffman, etc., etc.

throw out pollacks, you throw out...who exactly?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:jcgadfly

iwbiek wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

www.ussliberty.org

why anybody wants that flea-ridden shithole is beyond me.

your ilk drove the jews out of poland, giwer.  where the fuck you want 'em to go now?  mass graves?

you people didn't want 'em in warsaw, krakow, lodz, now you don't fuckin' want 'em in jerusalem.  christ.  if someone said to me, "who do you want out?  jews or pollacks?  you gotta pick one," i'm sorry, but i don't think i'd deliberate long.

throw out jews, you throw out spinoza, kafka, martin buber, einstein, carl sagan, hannah arendt, saul bellow, chaim potok, philip roth, bob dylan, leonard cohen, sammy cahn, neil diamond, carole king, gerry goffin, gene simmons, rick rubin, ramblin' jack elliott, simon and garfunkel, mel brooks, the beastie boys, the coen brothers, dustin hoffman, etc., etc.

throw out pollacks, you throw out...who exactly?

hmmm... Fryderyk Chopin, Ray Manzarek, Steve Wozniak, Marie Curie, Nicolos Copernicus... that is about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Of course you also have Leon Czolgosz (anarchist who assassinated president Mckinley), Ted Kaczynski and pope John Paul II

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Tricky

Joseph Conrad. (sort of bi-polar though since he wrote in English).

versus

Larry David and Howard Jacobson.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Steve

Beyond Saving wrote:

Steve Wozniak

apparently wozniak is unsure of his ancestry.  he thinks he could be german just as easily as polish.  stereotypical polish names are not uncommon in germany.  charles bukowski, for example, came from a very german family.  ironically, polish-sounding names in germany are usually indicators of jewish ancestry.  until the rise of hitler, jews were treated better in germany than anywhere else in central or eastern europe (except maybe romania).  god knows the pollacks treated them like shit before, during, and after the war, so they went to germany.  even after the war, they wanted to be in germany rather than poland.

poland is a fucking fanatically catholic country, maybe only ireland is as bad.  living in slovakia, i've been to poland many times.  it's scary.  funnily enough, though, if you go there and express an interest in picking up girls, you'll be told, "our girls are good catholics, they're not like that."  bull-fucking-shit.  biggest whores you ever saw.  i know one guy, the only threesome he ever got was in poland, and he barely had to try.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Back to meat

More evidence comes in:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2012/nov/15/stone-spear-early-human-species

The ancestors of humans were hunting with stone-tipped spears 500,000 years ago, according to a new study – around 200,000 years earlier than previously thought. This means that the technology must have been developed by an earlier species of human, the last common ancestor of both modern humans and Neanderthals.

The invention of stone-tipped spears was a significant point in human evolution, allowing our ancestors to kill animals more efficiently and have more regular access to meat, which they would have needed to feed ever-growing brains. "It's a more effective strategy which would have allowed early humans to have more regular access to meat and high-quality foods, which is related to increases in brain size, which we do see in the archaeological record of this time," said Jayne Wilkins, an archaeologist at the University of Toronto who took part in the latest research.

GodsUseForAMosquito
GodsUseForAMosquito's picture
User is offlineOffline
x wrote:Joseph Conrad. (sort

x wrote:

His third language..

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
I stand corrected

GodsUseForAMosquito wrote:

x wrote:

His third language..

At first I thought maybe French or Russian, but his second language turns out to have been French.

Further reading suggests that he also learned Spanish and Portuguese and was taught German, Greek and Latin.

His resentment towards Russia perhaps explains why I can find no reference to him speaking Russian. He seems to have despised Dostoyevsky, but admired Turgenev.

I've read about half a dozen of his books and am always awed by his skill and insight. I'm now tempted to track down one of his Australia related works.

Some quotes:

Faith is a myth and beliefs shift like mists on the shore; thoughts vanish; words, once pronounced, die; and the memory of yesterday is as shadowy as the hope of to-morrow....
In this world – as I have known it – we are made to suffer without the shadow of a reason, of a cause or of guilt....
There is no morality, no knowledge and no hope; there is only the consciousness of ourselves which drives us about a world that... is always but a vain and fleeting appearance....
A moment, a twinkling of an eye and nothing remains – but a clod of mud, of cold mud, of dead mud cast into black space, rolling around an extinguished sun. Nothing. Neither thought, nor sound, nor soul. Nothing.

In a letter of late December 1897 to Cunninghame Graham, Conrad metaphorically described the universe as a huge machine:

It evolved itself (I am severely scientific) out of a chaos of scraps of iron and behold! — it knits. I am horrified at the horrible work and stand appalled. I feel it ought to embroider — but it goes on knitting.

You come and say: "this is all right; it's only a question of the right kind of oil. Let us use this — for instance — celestial oil and the machine shall embroider a most beautiful design in purple and gold." Will it? Alas no. You cannot by any special lubrication make embroidery with a knitting machine. And the most withering thought is that the infamous thing has made itself; made itself without thought, without conscience, without foresight, without eyes, without heart. It is a tragic accident — and it has happened. You can't interfere with it. The last drop of bitterness is in the suspicion that you can't even smash it. In virtue of that truth one and immortal which lurks in the force that made it spring into existence it is what it is — and it is indestructible!

It knits us in and it knits us out. It has knitted time space, pain, death, corruption, despair and all the illusions — and nothing matters.

He read an essay, A Free Man's Worship, by the famous philosopher and humanist, Bertrand Russell, which said: 'We should worship only the God created by our own love of the good.' Conrad wrote to Russell saying, 'For the marvellous pages on the worship of a free man, the only return one can make is that of deep admiring affection.”

In Under Western Eyes, he writes: “A belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are capable of every wickedness.”

In Heart of Darkness he says, “We live, as we dream – alone.”  And Under Western Eyes shows his humanist morality: “All a man can betray is his conscience.” 

Joseph Conrad admired other writers with a humanistic, rationalist outlook. To John Galsworthy, the novelist and playwright, he wrote, making clear his own rejection of dogma: “Scepticism is the tonic of mind, the tonic of life, the agent of truth. It is the way of art and salvation.”

Later in life he wrote to a friend: “It's strange how I always, from the age of 14, disliked the Christian religion, its doctrines, ceremonies and festivals ... Christianity has lent itself with amazing facility to cruel distortion ... and has brought an infinity of anguish to innumerable souls - on this earth.”

Postscript:

Conrad had a phobia of dentistry, neglecting his teeth till they had to be extracted. In one letter he remarked that every novel he had written had cost him a tooth.

References:

http://www.humanism.org.uk/humanism/humanist-tradition/20century/joseph-conrad

http://www.answers.com/topic/joseph-conrad