Bill Nye still fighting the Creationists

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bill Nye still fighting the Creationists

http://news.yahoo.com/bill-nye-warns-creation-views-threaten-us-science-080205747.html

Bill Nye warns: Creation views threaten US science

( The rest of the article can be found on the link above.  I just can't believe the claim in the article that 46% of Americans believe in Creationism. Call me being idealistic here, but I simply refuse to believe that in this modern time, such a large number of people can take that bullshit seriously. It gives me less hope for the future of America catching up to the rest of Western Civilization anytime soon).

3 hrs ago

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The man known to a generation of Americans as "The Science Guy" is condemning efforts by some Christian groups to cast doubts on evolution and lawmakers who want to bring the Bible into science classrooms.

Bill Nye, a mechanical engineer and star of the popular 1990s TV show "Bill Nye The Science Guy," has waded into the evolution debate with an online video that urges parents not to pass their religious-based doubts about evolution on to their children.

Christians who view the stories of the Old Testament as historical fact have come to be known as creationists, and many argue that the world was created by God just a few thousand years ago.

"The Earth is not 6,000 or 10,000 years old," Nye said in an interview with The Associated Press. "It's not. And if that conflicts with your beliefs, I strongly feel you should question your beliefs."

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
For a split second I thought

For a split second I thought the author's name read "Bob Dylan". LOL

It is really sad that people still pull the same crap that the Church did in hiding the truth about the helocentric solar system,

Seriously believers grow the fuck up. Once something is thoroghly known as bullshit, the adult gives up on it's mental toy fantasies.

The earth is billions of years old, YOU LOSE GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:For a split

Brian37 wrote:

LOL. When I looked at the article, I also thought it said Bob Dylan for a second.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
.. the earth is billions of years old, YOU LOSE . . .

Brian37 wrote:

It is really sad that people still pull the same crap that the Church did in hiding the truth about the helocentric solar system,

Seriously believers grow the fuck up. Once something is thoroghly known as bullshit, the adult gives up on it's mental toy fantasies.

TWD39 needs some of the reality check you seem to be speaking.  Little invitation to head over to the Epic Fail, the latest TWD39 Thread, 'if' you can spare the time (no rush). If you can't  I understand.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:Brian37

danatemporary wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

TWD39 needs some of the reality check you seem to be speaking.  Little invitation to head over to the Epic Fail, the latest TWD39 Thread, 'if' you can spare the time (no rush). If you can't  I understand.

You mean Mr. "You haven't shown me any evidence" while ignoring the mountains of it that have been set before him? That TWD?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's like the Scopes Trial . . (Overconfidence shall do you in)

jcgadfly wrote:
You mean Mr. "You haven't shown me any evidence" while ignoring the mountains of it that have been set before him? That TWD?

. . . Tehehe  It's like the  Scopes Trial, formally known as The State of Tennessee v. John Thomas Scopes. Overconfidence will do you in EVERY time.

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bill Nye needs to seriously

Bill Nye needs to seriously rip into the crazy ChristNUTS! He needs to say the ENTIRE religion is fiction from the Jesus myth to the Moses myth to the Exodus myth to the Adam and even myth to the Noah's ark myth IT'S ALL CRAP!! Tell them the bible is fairy tales written by a bunch of uneduated ignorant nomadic desert dwellers who didn't even know what a blood cell or electron was!!

Then tell them this:

The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree... Yeah, Christianity makes perfect sense.

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
I LOVE the Clarence Thomas defense . . .

I LOVE the Clarence Thomas defense (See Other  Thread)

jcgadfly wrote:

I know this isn't to do with 'this' Topic but . . .

#454 &  #456 I LOVE the 'Clarence Thomas defense', like in his infamous Senate confirmation hearings (back in '92)