Does anybody actually care about the emmys?

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Does anybody actually care about the emmys?

Why?

TV has gone down hill. It's mostly reality shows, or sitcoms that are basically the same thing with different characters. Akward sexual tension between male and female character, laugh track and that's pretty much it.

Then it's basically NCIS or CSI derivatives

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't know, don't care. 

Don't know, don't care.

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Why? TV

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Why?

TV has gone down hill. It's mostly reality shows, or sitcoms that are basically the same thing with different characters. Akward sexual tension between male and female character, laugh track and that's pretty much it.

Then it's basically NCIS or CSI derivatives

Got to say that I agree with you 100% on that one.

I can't stand reality tv and the closest I have ever come to watching it, is for all of five seconds, way back when Survivor first came out. I watched a couple of seconds of that shit , and thought : " This whole thing is scripted and fixed."

I know that tv was supposed to be honest after that 1959 quiz show scandal, but I believe that like I believe that Elvis and Jim Morrison are alive and singing duets somewhere.

I don't even hardly know what is on tv anymore, other than Breaking Bad.

But awards shows have always bored me, even as a kid in the 80's ,when all we had to choose from was NBC, CBS, and ABC.

With stuff like Netflix and Hulu, the idea of people scheduling their lives around watching a show or families sitting down in front of a tv is pretty much a thing of the past, I think.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno