Evolution a new revelation?

Damasius
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Evolution a new revelation?

Nowadays it seems the theory of evolution is used by some atheists to give meaning to their worldview, it has to be understood that the theory of evolution does not go as far as these atheists oftentimes take it. They attempt to use it as some kind of justification for metaphysical claims such as: ‘’God is superfluous to requirement’’, ‘’the universe is meaningless and blind’’ As such, the theory of evolution does not provide rigorous basis for these claims. Yet the atheist persists, this is why Darwin’s theory is so precious to him, because he uses it to bridge some gaps in his ideology, its gives him a robust scientific basis on which to launch unjustified assumptions. Just look at all of the atheist forums, all of these have sections about evolution, sometimes large sections are devoted to this. As for myself, I take a different path. To me evolution is a mechanism created by God to which the life matter of this world is bound; it is a natural law of this world, of the same type as gravity etc.  As a catholic I see no problem accepting the theory of evolution as fact, as the great John Paul II said: if the body comes from pre-existing matter the soul is of God. Just as the body matured from infant without reasoning capacity or strength so did the human race, and along with this maturity comes responsibility. Our responsibility to turn ourselves towards God and to search for him with all of our heart, only then will him who dwells within us be revealed. Know that if the universe was meaningless we should have never found out it was meaningless, just as if we were in total darkness at all times we should of never found out about light. So I invite you to reflect, where does this idea we have that the universe is meaningless come from? And where can we find ultimate meaning?

In a truly beautifull prayer, the aging SAugustine of Hippo laments: Late have I loved you,
O Beauty ever ancient and so new,
Too late have I loved you!

You were within me, but I was outside to seek you. Unlovely myself, I fell heedlessly upon all those lovely things which you created.

And always You were with me, but I was not with you.
Created things kept me from you;
yet if they had not been in you they would not have been at all.

You called, you cried,you broke through my deafness.
You blazed, you gleamed, and you drove away my blindness.
You breathed your fragrance on me;
I drew in breath and now I long for you.

I have tasted, now I hunger and thirst for more.
You touched me, and now I burn with desire for your peace.

Amen

In a sense our journey to God isn’t as different as Augustine‘s whose words are as actual today as they were thousands of years ago.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Damasius wrote:Vastet

Damasius wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Clearly you are ignorant to trends in the scholarship.

Well, put up or shut up, give me names, who is this  ''a consensus of scholars who aren't biased, to support the very religion they serve, disagree: the Bible is historically and scientifically irrelevant.'' I want names, I want their works, I want dates etc.

When are you gonna start feeding us beef instead of the same old bullshit youve been posting  on this thread so far?

Why should I? You still haven't responded to my first post, the one that fully gutted your view of free will. If you'll ignore me once, you'll ignore me again when I prove you wrong again. Therefore I have no reason to bother.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
{ latincanuck wrote: }

{latincanuck wrote: }

latincanuck wrote:
I have read it and here is the problem, evolution explains how man came to be without god as an explanation. You are added god since you cannot prove any of this at all, and you cannot prove your specific god to be true versus all the other myths, legends and stories about the "fall of man" or the reasons there are so called evils in the world. From pandoras box, Hurons divine woman, The garden myth of the apple, etc, etc, etc from all mythologies, legends and religions around the world. They tend to be sotries about morality, to explain the nature of man or why were act or behave certain ways. However science has given up a far better explanation about human nature than this myths do. As such your invocation of god is not required when we use science to explain humans, our nature and how we came to be. It is an add on that you have done without any backing up

Reference is in   the thread entitled : 'The Fall' . . .